• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Brent15

King of Great Britain
62 Badges
May 3, 2003
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Knights of Honor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Deus Vult
  • Diplomacy
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
I'd like to be able to create a character from the start of the campaign and assign him a title. I usually mod this in on every game on CK1. It makes the game a lot more fun and personal, but its a bit of work up front.

You could just remove the person who historically had the title or just make him a courtier (which is what I usually do).

I don't think it will actually be included, but I'd really enjoy a feature like this.

Well, I'd like for it to be seriously considered. It takes quite a bit of work to do manually, with a matching character face and all. I suppose that its inclusion would greatly depend on the demand from players here.

Lol i wouldn't be able to resist adding: "A_Dane" (would be my real name in game ofcourse), a demigod-like person with totally awesome stats :eek:o

While i think it's an amusing idea, i must agree with Bavaria. If it was something unmoddable, then yes it should be in, but the developers can't really be bothered with us having to spend alot of time on a non-essential part of the game, which we can do ourselves.

I like this idea but I think the character should only be the lowest level of noble and one should not be able to give him titles upon creating him/her.

Well, I'd like for it to be seriously considered. It takes quite a bit of work to do manually, with a matching character face and all. I suppose that its inclusion would greatly depend on the demand from players here.

It should be much easier to mod with Clausewitz engine - just few edits of easily accessible text files, I guess.

It should be much easier to mod with Clausewitz engine - just few edits of easily accessible text files, I guess.
I doubt it will be because the most hard part to mod is the characters face and that is really hard to do using only notepad. At least if you want to make some realy good face.
I'm preaty sure developers have some tool to make faces beacause I can't believe what they combine them using only notepad, so it will be great if they will be generous enough to share such a tool with comunity.

Everything else can be easily done using notepad.

I doubt it will be because the most hard part to mod is the characters face and that is really hard to do using only notepad. At least if you want to make some realy good face.
I'm preaty sure developers have some tool to make faces beacause I can't believe what they combine them using only notepad, so it will be great if they will be generous enough to share such a tool with comunity.

Everything else can be easily done using notepad.

for ck1 it existed an easy and usefull little program to generate portraits called "dnamaker".

apart of portrait and name i don't see much interest of the character creation. all stats and traits must remain random as your heirs (and all characters) f.e. will still have random stats.

In CK1 I did sometimes change a dynasty name to my surname, and add my first name to the name file for that culture (if it wasn't already in there) but I didn't change the ruler's stats. Even just doing that was a good bit of work.

In CK1 I did sometimes change a dynasty name to my surname, and add my first name to the name file for that culture (if it wasn't already in there) but I didn't change the ruler's stats. Even just doing that was a good bit of work.

If there was an area when picking a county/dukedom/kingdom to play, and being able to create your own surname, pick your own shield from a selection of shields (players could even add to it via "Shield Packs"), and I would be good to go. The small trivial stuff like that is usually the stuff I would mod, so if it was instead just on a simplistic dynasty creation screen, it would make things much easier.

But I do agree, creating your starting dynasty is a very personal experience, since you'll be spending a lot of time with them.

I once gave the duke of Northumberland (he had the greatest face portrait) my full name and started a game with him. During the game he became stressed and shortly developed schizophrenia. I understand this as the punishment for altering the game like this.

This whole dynasty that was named after me suffered from serious problems. The last duke I played had was a bedridden madman and managed to seed several bastards via events despite being a leper. Darn, my girlfriend still reminds my about this fellow called Egbert. *facepalm*

Modding a character in CK is probably the easiest piece of computer game modding available.
Bring DNA maker into the mix and you can pretty much " create your character" in about 5 minutes.
Make it 20 trial and error if your doing it for the first time.

Really, this is a waste of time to actually incorporate into the game as its so easily done.
Im forever tweaking things in my game like ugly offspring and the like !

However, a simplified heraldric shield creator would be great !
Id love to be able to move my capital city and take the usurped Duke shield and incorporate my own Dynastic or County shield into it without having to do the hard side of CK modding !

I would like the in-game option to use a historical leader or to create my own when I start a campaign. I also want to be able to create my own CoA if I chose to create a leader. I also think the stats should be random base on limitation predefined by game difficulty. I would also like to pick strengths and weakness of my country as well while I'm on the topic. :D

Modding a character in CK is probably the easiest piece of computer game modding available.
Bring DNA maker into the mix and you can pretty much " create your character" in about 5 minutes.
Make it 20 trial and error if your doing it for the first time.

Really, this is a waste of time to actually incorporate into the game as its so easily done.
Im forever tweaking things in my game like ugly offspring and the like !

Having in game editors (be them for characters, their portraits, dynasties, the map, heraldry) may make developpers gain more time when they make the scenarios than they lose coding the editors, so I'm not convinced that this suggestion is bad.