• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Seasons are one of those things like disasters, that the city designers might just want to turn off.

Pure city designers don't want to deal with disasters or changing climate, they want a consistent look for their cities. It is a perfectly legitimate style of gameplay for a city builder game.

But itis just as legitimate to ask for disasters and seasons, and harder economy rules for that matter! For us to like a challenge.

I still look forward to a "factory line" expansion, where we have factory lines producing intermetiade products from raw materials, which are consumed on several production steps until wee have final consumer goods.

Like this simplified path: different ores -> gems metals, precious metals, rare earths -> semiconductors, advanced tools, electronic components, batteries -> microchips, lcds, sensors -> tvs, computers, smartphones, tablets

Those production trees would branch out at each step and allow for the production of many goods. A jewelry shop would consume gems and precious metal to output jewelry, in a shorter path for example.

Snow!? In April!?
Here in Central Arkansas, we get, maybe a few inches, every few years!
I wish we could get those good winter storms!

My friend, you don't want them. Nor'easters, as we call them, are terrible storms. When a Nor'easter and a diminished hurricane hit New York at the same time, the city was flooded and shut down. The subways were flooded. It was months before the city returned to something like normal. We have still not fully recuperated from 'SuperStorm Sandy'. Snowfall we're used to. Flooding of our infrastructure, we are not.