• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Amechwarrior

General
9 Badges
Feb 23, 2018
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Beta Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Initiate of the Order
  • BATTLETECH
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
cFixes is a community bug fix mod and is now updated for BATTLETECH 1.9.1

If you know of bugs that can be fixed via json editing like typos, numerical value errors or hardpoint visual conflicts, tell us! But tell us after you have submitted a bug report on the bug forum.

cFixes can be found on Nexus mods or on GitHub, search for "cFixes"

These files are the result of the combined work of several community modders, namely:

Amechwarrior, Hawaii, bug tracing and code review.
Dr. Banzai, Germany, bug fixing and configuration management.
scJazz, US East Coast, bug fixes and code review.
JustinKaseToo, US East Coast (living on West Coast time according to his wife), bug and formatting fixes.
Sheepy, bug fixes and code review.
Credits: Thanks to the community at large for helping bring these bugs to HBS's attention!

This mod is intended for free use and adaptation in other mods.

Instructions:
Remove older editions of cFixes. This is very important to not crash the game.
Copy cFixes folder in to Mods folder created for ModTek.
ModTek/BTML
This mod uses ModTek, found on GitHub.

Thanks to mpstark and the entire ModTek team for making this mod possible!

cFixes can be loaded as is by the HBS mod loader, however it will not be able to alter any files inside the DLC packages. It is recommended you use this mod with ModTek for a complete feature set and the ability to remove this mod without affecting your saves.

I've been gone a while, but I'm back. I tried contacting the others in the cFixes team but no replies yet. I've updated the mod to 1.9.1 w/DLC and fixed a number of new error I've stumbled upon along the way. Overall, the number of files edited has reached under 250, go HBS! Almost all of the base game pilots are fully aligned with the current skill progression, but some remain.

The highlights for this release are:

Assigns missing AI and Lance tags to new base game and DLC units
Corrects armor errors in the MAD-2R and CRB-27b
Fixes errant MG hardpoints in PHX LA/RA
Corrected ARC's SRM Stability Damage Bonus description (50% not 75%)
Typo fixes to new events, contracts and DLC content
Fixed internals and armor on new vehicles
Corrected new pilot abilities and culled stock fixed pilots from mod

• 1Like
Reactions:

One of my pet peeves with the Phoenix Hawk is how the medium lasers show up as either the second barrel in the double barreled pistol in the right hand or a brand new pistol grip weapon in the left hand.

Now that you moved the machine gun to the underarm vambrace (the correct position btw!) how hard would it be to mod the medium lasers to show up in the side forearm vambrace instead as part of the pistol grip system?

Does that even make sense?

Cheers,

Mad

• 1Like
Reactions:

One of my pet peeves with the Phoenix Hawk is how the medium lasers show up as either the second barrel in the double barreled pistol in the right hand or a brand new pistol grip weapon in the left hand.

Now that you moved the machine gun to the underarm vambrace (the correct position btw!) how hard would it be to mod the medium lasers to show up in the side forearm vambrace instead as part of the pistol grip system?

Does that even make sense?

Cheers,

Mad

So you want to create the classic PHX look of just the RA gun, no "pistol" on the LA and a single barrel on the RA pistol with the ML in the side mount? Maybe possible, but might get conflicts once you start customizing. I've started my work week, so won't be able to test for a few days. I was able to get away with the MG thing because no stock PHX has more than 1 Support point and no other type of weapon goes underneath. Lasers don't have that and have to work together with a TON of combos across 3 PHX chassis. However, off the top of my head, I could probably rearrange the default PHX weapons order to make the stock PHX load right, as long as no customizing is done. I'll add that to my list and will get back in a week or so.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Is it possible to use the built-in HBS Mod Loader with cFixes?
Partially. It will load, and it should play as is. However any DLC file will not get adjusted. I don't know if the community figured out how to edit DLC files through the HBS mod loader, but the same method ModTek uses doesn't work.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I've just been made aware it is possible to overwrite the DLC files with the HBS mod loader. I'm not totally sure how, but I'll release that once I get it working. Might be a few days.

I, along with other many others I'm sure, appreciate your willingness to make your mods OS agnostic. Among my other favorites are Semi-Permanent Evasion and BetterAI. I'm sure you know them both ;)

• 1Like
Reactions:
I, along with other many others I'm sure, appreciate your willingness to make your mods OS agnostic. Among my other favorites are Semi-Permanent Evasion and BetterAI. I'm sure you know them both ;)
Better AI should work on both without issue. If you follow the last post in that Mods thread here, you can get the preview 1.9 version. It's more aggressive, but I'm finding it a little too easy to get behind and rear arc kill. I hope the method of making cFixes load 100% for HBS loader works on ModTek so I don't have to do separate release packages, but if I need to, I would for all my mods. I don't manage any of the Perm. Evasion mods, but I will update the Better AI Perm. Evasion module for that, going to remove the "Only fire 1 shot at high evasive target" after feedback from modpack devs that use BetterAI in that environment.

I don't manage any of the Perm. Evasion mods, but I will update the Better AI Perm. Evasion module for that, going to remove the "Only fire 1 shot at high evasive target" after feedback from modpack devs that use BetterAI in that environment.

That is one of the worst settings in the AI. I dug through the .json myself just to find that setting and change it. I still notice the AI occasionally doesn't fire and only bulwarks but I can't determine why, but then again I don't really understand the whole "role" thing. I only looked at the global.json. And I never got what a "revenge target" was either..., LOL. Thanks again.

• 1Like
Reactions:
That is one of the worst settings in the AI. I dug through the .json myself just to find that setting and change it. I still notice the AI occasionally doesn't fire and only bulwarks but I can't determine why, but then again I don't really understand the whole "role" thing. I only looked at the global.json. And I never got what a "revenge target" was either..., LOL. Thanks again.

So, I've not been able to make the HBS loader update the DLC files. I'm going to reach out to more people to see if it's possible. As for the Better AI Perm Evasion module, I did get around to updating that. Check the last post in the Better AI thread here.

• 1Like
Reactions: