• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I bought my version from Fred Meyers a while back. It is Crudsader Kings/Hearts of Iron two-pack.

I don't have the box anymore, just the CD Jewel case that has both CDs in it. I never cared about a CD-Key before, as I was so frustrated trying to learn it I just ended up giving up and shoving them both back in bookcase.

Now I am starting to get the hang of it. I bought EU3 Complete and registered that, I would love to Register my CK and HoI copies, but I don't see a CD-Key anywhere.

I don't know if my CK is CK complete, but it automatically installs DV when I install it, so it could be.

There is no CD-key for HoI or for CK

There also is no CD-key for CK + DV in a boxed version. There is only one for the downloadable version of DV.

I was afraid of that. It seems I cannot register my copy of Mount and Blade either

is there anything I should be looking for when I order my copy of Vicky?

I picked up Crusader Kings, Deus Vult, Victoria, and Victoria Revolutions from Stardock, and will likely now pick up the entire paradox catalogue. I declare myself dissapointed that I can't register my alien stardock keys in my games to get sweet baby icons for each game when logged on to the forum. Interestingly over at the Blizzards Battlenet forums they have a registration interpreter where you feed in your game key to register, if it is an old shorter key/key from a different distributor it allocates you a new standardised updated key. Might be nice if it were possible to do something similar. Probably too much work though, it's not like Paradox has the huge pile of cash like Blizzard to pay for such things. A better solution might be simply to allow people to select the icons without having to register.

All new Paradox games come with a registration key, it doesn't matter where you buy them.

DV (and Revolutions) weren't meant to be released on a CD. DV on CD was released by a local distributor (England I think) so not by Paradox themselves.

With the newer games, registering is necessary to gain access to the bug-report and tech-support forums. It is Paradox way of making it harder for pirates to get support and it is a much better way then DRM.

Key

I did pick up EU: Rome, and the expansion from Stardock last night, and those have correctly formatted keys, so perhaps the newer titles do have the correct keys.

But the 'Stardock' Keys for titles like 'Victoria: Revoultions' and 'Crusader Kings: Deus Vult' are not in the correct format.

If I understand correctly then after exploring this thread, for the slightly older titles, like the two games above, or 'HOI2: Armageddon' I should just buy from 'Gamersgate' who have have correctly formatted keys, instead of 'Stardock' who do not?

Rich

:eek:

Would it be possible to be able to add the boxed version of the game to the "my games" list in gamersgate? It would be terribly practical to not have to use the damned DVD every time i have to format my rotten pc.

I have a problem with my registration.

I have a full version of CK that came on a DVD from a gaming magazine here in Romania (PC Games). I don't know if there even is a key somewhere, and if there is, where I should look.

All new Paradox games come with a registration key, it doesn't matter where you buy them.

DV (and Revolutions) weren't meant to be released on a CD. DV on CD was released by a local distributor (England I think) so not by Paradox themselves.

With the newer games, registering is necessary to gain access to the bug-report and tech-support forums. It is Paradox way of making it harder for pirates to get support and it is a much better way then DRM.

Sorry, I just need to correct you there. Like the gentleman who bought it in Romania - that's probably under license of a local distributor. We have absolutely no way of forcing local distributors to add or use codes unless it's an activation code. The forum is not a part of the game/core product and not something tangible being sold, therefore all we can do is encourage everyone to add codes (and many do).

There's a support page on our webpage http://www.paradoxplaza.com on how to get in touch with support as well as on each individual campaign website for our newer releases. So nobody will be cut out of receiving support if needed. We are putting some things in place which will hopefully reduce the issue of some partners not using codes, but for the older titles I'm not sure if it will make much difference.

Kind regards
Susana Meza

Wow I've never seen Veld get corrected....is the sky falling? :)

Wow I've never seen Veld get corrected....is the sky falling? :)

I am getting older :eek:o

17-fmldnapier.jpg

Well with a mustache like that you deserve to make some mistakes every now and then. Oh and I am playing your alternate setup mod, very nice!

I bought my CK 'complete' from Steam since GG refused to accept my Creditcard. However I haven´t found a CD-key anywhere ... will I be able to get my hands on a DV Icon ?