CAREER MODE: Final Score, Travel Route and thoughts

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Refined route V1
Have just planned out a route for my next playthrough
optimal route v1.png

Obviously, I was highly influenced by my route during the last playthrough. There probably are a lot different possible travel routes you could take to achieve the same result.

It is unlikely for me to follow this route exactly as shown, I probably have to adapt my route depending on the spawn of flashpoint, reputation status, etc.
Some flashpoints seem really important, it is probably worthwhile to waste a few jumps just to get those.

But for the purpose of this exercise, I have drawn out a plan with extreme efficiency.

Starting from Arn (blue line in neutral space), you will not have to stop at any (even with Ishtar, the last system on the route), except the 7 end planet labelled in red circle (which you could not avoid).

Only 4 systems, namely Joppa, Argos, Mystras, Ahlat, have been visited twice.
You will not be able to improve this further, unless you end your journey at Hellespont (bottom right). But, that would require you to time your journey and reputation exactly right, so that you can end in Hellespont at almost 1200 days, without the need to come out again.

Similarly, you can end your planned route at any other "end planet" to save some travel time, if you can time your journey exactly right. The most beneficial one besides Hellespont is probably Coromodir (with the highest Jump Distant).

Yellow number is the "Jump Distant" extracted from .json files. This represent the number of days to travel from/to Jumpship to/from the system without any argo upgrade.
Argo drive seems to replace itself when upgrading, so at full upgrade you only get a modifier of 0.7
I am not entirely sure how the rounding works, take Hellespont for example, 5*0.7=3.5. But with fully upgraded argo, sometimes it appear to take 4 days to enter the system, sometimes 3. Maybe it has something to do with where you have started?

Anyway, without argo upgrades, the full route takes 173*3+3+(5+3+9+6+5+5+4)*2 = 596 days
If you have fully upgraded argo drive by the first end planet, it takes approximately 574 days

General tips for route planning.
I would advice part plan sections of the map, especially corners, edges, and around other "end planets".
Then work inwards towards top of restorations/bottom of Capellan, where the most options are. In worst scenario, you can always stop at a restoration system (since most of them only have one possible employer) .

@ninte000 This is wonderful detail! Do you have an updated map and route that includes the systems from the 1.6 patch?

I'm working through my ironman story campaign and plan to start an ironman career after that is done. Still wrapping my head around all of the complexities of visiting systems while completing contracts, but route planning is a particularly interesting problem to solve.

With 219 systems as of the 1.6 update, visiting 170 systems to max out that score is now significantly easier. In my current campaign playthrough, I haven't had to visit a star system twice or stop at a dead-end system yet. There's probably an optimal path to avoid the worst systems, and I'll try to publish that later, but for now, attached is a summary of the worst systems to visit, based on jump distance (anything 9 or higher). (Across all systems, the average jump distance is 6.9 days, the average skull rating is 3.2, and the average skull / days ratio is 0.35.)

Attachments

• Worst BT Systems.xlsx
    11 KB · Views: 35
Here is some more detail that I've been able to better organize. Still no optimal path yet, but I think that these three charts / plots will help make decisions significantly easier in the future. The attached spreadsheet is from work that I started over here.

EDIT: Updated spreadsheet and images to include rough faction borders.
EDIT 2: Added a starmap showing names and jump links made by @Markstar and their Java utility

Starmap Skulls.jpg
Starmap Jump Distance.jpg
Starmap Ratio.jpg
Starmap Names and Links.jpg

Attachments

• careerBTsystems.xlsx
    200,5 KB · Views: 54
Last edited: