• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Hoi4Canada

Recruit
26 Badges
Jun 13, 2016
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Darkest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
Hi I am having a problem getting hoi4 running properly. The game will launch and when I start a game everything works and runs perfectly except for the pause button. When I go to unpause, the game will move forward for a second, then stop and the time won't move at all. Pressing pause/unpause from there doesn't do anything to move the game forward. I am still able to move around the map so the game hasn't entirely crashed, but the game can't move forward :( I have tried the lowest settings, different countries, reinstalling, beta patch, disabling steam overlay, verifying game cache, disabling crossfire still to no avail!! I've been waiting to play this game for at least a year and now that it's out and I still can't play makes it even more torturous!!Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

Try unplugging any USB peripherals you have connected (other than keyboard and mouse if it's a desktop computer obviously). Could be you have something connected that's interfering somehow. Also try disabling as many applications as possible that you have running in the background.

I'm starting to think my single core processor could be the issue so I plan on upgrading, don't have any usbs plugged in other than my mouse so I can't see that being the problem. What kind of CPU do you have? If you have a quad core and the same problem then that wouldn't be the issue. I upgraded my drivers and still the same problem so Im running out of options!!

Spacebar is the typical hotkey for pause/unpause. That doesn't work either?

Game minimum specs do say "dual core", don't they?

Does the Task Manager give any indication which process is using the core?

Do you have close to the minimum specs to run the game, and have you closed all background programs except Steam?