Can we get the Automatic Bulldoze option in game?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

NICK ALTMAN

Sergeant
13 Badges
May 20, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • March of the Eagles
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Knights of Honor
I am new to the game and I love it! I got it free on Epic but decided to buy one on Steam cause I really dislike the Epic store. Nowhere to post my beautiful screenshots to show my friends.
So I am at 120.000 inhabitants and it is going great but now all my time is consumed by demolishing abandoned buildings. It can get really tiresome and boring. I tried many mods that should autobulldoze abandoned buildings but none of them work.
So is it possible to get a proper official automatic bulldoze option in game? Please? Maybe even an 1 euro DLC?

Reactions:
Instead of auto-bulldoze, I would suggest you learn why the buildings are abandoned, and learn how to fix/prevent it.

EDIT: When buildings go abandoned, you can click on them and there will be an icon that will tell you what was wrong. (Point at it with your cursor and a text explanation will appear.)

Last edited:
Reactions:
Auto bulldoze will give you nothing but headaches. Abandoned buildings are telling you something is wrong and you need to fix it, not ignore it.

Auto bulldoze will just make it so bad your city will finally collapse on itself and you will have to start over from the many problems you've been ignoring.

It sounds like it is in really bad shape now as it is.

Maybe post a saved game and maybe we can point you to a quick cure, before it's too late!:eek:

Reactions:
Thank you for you concern. But the thing is my game is doing great. I have reached 130.000 inhabitants. I have aboundance of money. Happiness is at 95%. I didn't raise tax ever. I have made all the unique buildings I could (I guess 90%) except ones that reward you for bad play like crime of 50% and 1000 abandoned buildings. I made one monument. The city is looking great. 45% highly educated citizens and growing. Metro, bus lines, traffic junctions of high quality. I have zones for different indrusties. And yet lot of buildings get abandoned and I have a steady increase of inhabitants.

I can post my save game if ya want. Here as an attachment?

Reactions:
I have made all the unique buildings I could (I guess 90%) except ones that reward you for bad play like crime of 50% and 1000 abandoned buildings.

Why not go for that one if you have such a massive abandoned building problem? The observatory looks pretty cool in cities too!

Which monument do you have down out of interest?

Also, for the save game, load it onto Steam and share the link. That's usually the standard procedure.

Why not go for that one if you have such a massive abandoned building problem? The observatory looks pretty cool in cities too!

Which monument do you have down out of interest?

Also, for the save game, load it onto Steam and share the link. That's usually the standard procedure.

I have built the Space Elevator monument.
Ok. When I get home I will load up the save to steam and post the link here. I am really keen to hear some advice.

I have made all the unique buildings I could (I guess 90%) except ones that reward you for bad play like crime of 50% and 1000 abandoned buildings.

You can save your city, then let (make) everything go to crap to get the "bad" achievements/unlocks, and then don't save that city, go back to your original city save and you should still have the new things unlocked.

Yeah, it seems fine now. There is still a lot of missing freight, but that can be cleaned up with better organized distrcts.

But, you are poisoning your residential a lot with commerce and tourist buildings. They should be together and next to the highways and out of residential for best results.

You are also running your streets into the highway and it is slowing everything down. Make overpasses to the other side of the highways. Use on/off ramps to let cims in and out of your city and onto the highways.

Just remember that everything is on a timer, so you need everything in close proximity to everything else. For example, workers will walk 12-blocks (1km) to a job, before using their pocket cars to try and drive to work before they time-out.

Reactions:
MarkJohnson thank you for the insight. I will try to make some alterations like you said. But I placed many of my unique buildings in the center cause it looks nice and I wanted to have a cool center of the town.

MarkJohnson thank you for the insight. I will try to make some alterations like you said. But I placed many of my unique buildings in the center cause it looks nice and I wanted to have a cool center of the town.

You may want to make a buffer around the unique building with offices or parks or maybe trees, possibly services. this will keep noise pollution from making the residential sick.

Just make sure they don't make noise pollution. It will cause a little excess traffic, so things may get out of hand on very large cities. but you can easily adjust these if you choose you want to late on.

Traffic congestion is indeed the biggest reason why your commercial and industrial buildings are going widely abandoned; goods and raw material deliveries are getting stuck in traffic and not reaching destinations in time. Highways are severely backed up because you haven't done grade-separated interchanges for the most part (and when you have it's unfortunately a mess). You have even set up traffic lights to some of the highway intersections which is a big no-no, traffic volumes on highways in this game are simply too big for that. If you don't grade-separate your highway intersections you will hit the game's vehicle limit before reaching 200,000 population.

Last edited:
It's looking better. You still have streets intersecting the highways. Try to remove them all and replace with on/off ramps. They slow traffic down a lot.

Maybe place your cargo train stations inside commerce and industry districts. Maybe connect the two together by a single rail line, so they deliver freight directly, so they keep more trucks off the roads. I usually put the trains underground only. Then it is easier to place one train in generic industry and another in a large commerce district to keep commerce supplied. You may need another cargo train inside generic industry that connects to the outside connection line, so it can import.export freight instead of sending it through your city.

Having train stations way off the road is delaying traffic, plus you are clumping several in one spot, so they are going to create train jams from so many trains in one spot.

Same for shipping. You have almost 20 in your bay. You need like 3 strategically placed in the bay in total. You only have one shipping lane bringing in ships. so you are starting to get jams from all of the ships being called in.

• 1Like
Reactions: