Can someone explain to me the difference between Air Support Mission Efficiency and Ground Support ?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Unfortunately different things are currently called "mission efficiency" in the game.

Right.

The HoI4 development team's use of English words in a sloppy way does indeed introduce confusion into the game.

This confusion confines HoI4 and Paradox to a non-top tier position in the international game development game.

Given that the largest market for HoI4 is in English speaking countries, Paradox's CEO, Fredrik Wester, would do well to up his game...

and hire an English language editor.

(don't get me wrong...I very much enjoy Paradox games and respect the HoI4's development team's ability to publish a product to the international gaming market. But there are deficits in Paradox's ability to clearly transmit information. This post about "air-support, mission efficiency, and ground support" is one of several examples of information being "lost in translation")

No. The doctrine effect "Air Superiority Mission Efficiency" provide benefits above 100%, otherwise the doctrines would do nothing ( since it's 100% base as you can see in the screenshot ).

The concept in air warfare "Mission Efficiency" does not provide benefit above 100%.

Paradox is using the same name for two different things. I agree with you that it's confusing and bad practice, but that is how the game works.
Then i just misunderstood the concepts.
Ok, 2 efficiency types. Range based and mission based, where the mission based can go above 100%. I was confused that you called it an increase in plane stats. I would just see it directly as the tooltip says that “because of improvement in air doctrine tactics we are 10% better at it”.
The result being that the combat simulation adds 10% more to the stats, because of math.

It is semantics. We mean the same
Thank you for clearing it.

The HoI4 development team's use of English words in a sloppy way does indeed introduce confusion into the game.

It even confuses me sometimes, and I am frequently testing aircraft and air superiority strategies.

@podcat Please have a look at this topic; it explicits how some of the game's terminology is too convoluted. Even experts here have trouble understanding it, imagine how it is for the majority of the customers. Additionally, more accessible game = more customers for you ;)