• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ahhh, Black Knight, one of the funniest Monthy Phyton jokes. In fact it gets a bit funnier, in adventure game based on MP Arthur movie, after you defeat black knight you can ransack his tent and find his diary. Among other good lines was:

November 1st:
Practiced killing people.
November 2nd
Practiced killing people all day long.
November 3rd
None shall pass my bridge.
November 8nd

Ahhh, Black Knight, one of the funniest Monthy Phyton jokes. In fact it gets a bit funnier, in adventure game based on MP Arthur movie, after you defeat black knight you can ransack his tent and find his diary. Among other good lines was:

November 1st:
Practiced killing people.
November 2nd
November 3rd
None shall pass my bridge.
November 8nd

you can watch Monty Python and the Holy Grail and in every scene say "This is the best part." That's how awesome it is

Thanks for reading and commenting!

Part XVIII: And Now For Something Completely Different

The King at the head of his army looked over the countryside. Dark cThe Kingds filled the sky as thunder roared. Fitting weather for a fitting day – for today the King’s armies would descend upon the camp of Constance’s army, camped at Norwich. With the battle just hours away, the King gathered his top generals to discuss the ambush that would trap and subjugate the Queen Pretender’s host.

rocky-mountain-thunderstorm-james-bo-insogna.jpg

“In a few hours gentlemen we will have subdued the first of our foes. Let us go over our plan one last time.”

The Marshall stepped forward. “My liege, we have gone over this plan countless times.” He gestured to the map, covered in pieces representing banners and levies. “Our light cavalry will draw the guards southwest to the creek towards our left flank, which will trap them between the diversion, the left, and the creek, cutting them off from the camp. Our right flank will, in the meantime, circle around to the far side of the camp, sneaking through the overpass in the Range of Tall and Very Snowy Mud Mounds. They will awaken those in the camp and drive them straight into the vanguard, waiting in the DAVE (Dark and Very Expensive) Forest. The attack will begin in the fourth hour of the night.”

The King smiled. “Impressive, my good friend. Tell me who is in charge of these armies, for if we are victorious today, they may join me and my knights at the Round Table.”

“Of course, my King, but I must tell you, they have joined the Knights of the Uncalled – they have forsaken their birth names, and thus we’ve had to refer to them by nicknames…and very strange ones at that.”

“OK then, let me hear them.”

“Well, Who’s got the left flank, What has the right flank, I Don’t Know plays the pikemen on the army softball team – ”

“I thought you said you knew the fellas’ names?”

“I do.”

“So go ahead and tell me.”

“I told you – Who has the left, What the right, I Don’t Know on the pikemen.”

“You know their names?”

“Yes.”

“Well, then who has the left?”

“Yes.”

“I mean, the guy leading the left flank.”

“Who.”

“The guy you’re paying to lead my left flank.”

“WHO HAS THE LEFT FLANK!”

The King looked at his marshal baffled. “Well what are ya asking me for?”

“I ain’t asking ya, I’m telling ya – WHO HAS THE LEFT FLANK!”

“No, I’m asking YOU – who has the left flank?”

“That’s the man’s name.”

“That’s whose name?”

“Yes.”

“Well, go ahead and tell me.”

“Who.”

“The fella leading my left flank.”

“I told you.”

The King slammed his fist on the table. “All I’m trying to find out what’s the guy’s name on the left flank.”

The Marshall shook his head. “No, no, no. What has the right flank.”

“I’m not asking who has the right flank.”

“No, Who has the left flank.”

“THAT’S WHAT I’M TRYING TO FIND OUT!”

“Well don’t go changing the officers around.”

“I ain’t changing nobody you twit!”

“Take it easy.”

“Just tell me, What’s the guy’s name on the left flank.”

“What has the right flank.”

“I’m not asking you who’s on the right.”

“Who’s on the left.”

“I don’t know.”

“He plays the pikemen on the army softball team, we’re not talking about him.”

The King looked at the sky. “How did I get to the army softball team?”

“Well, they’re all on the softball team – Who pitches, and What plays second base. But you’re not asking about that.”

“Then how did I get to the the pikemenman?”

“You mentioned his name.”

THE KING: If I mentioned the the pikemenman's name, who did I say is playing the pikemen?

THE MARSHALL: No, Who has the left flank.

THE KING: Stay offa the left flank, will ya?!

THE MARSHALL: Well, what do you want me to do?

THE KING: Now what's the guy's name on the pikemen?

THE MARSHALL: What has the right flank.

THE KING: I'm not asking ya who's on the right.

THE MARSHALL: Who's on the left.

THE KING: I don't know.

THE MARSHALL: He's on the pikemen.

THE KING: There I go, back on the pikemen again.

THE MARSHALL: Well, I can't change their names.

THE KING: Will you please stay on the pikemen?

THE MARSHALL: Please. Now what is it you want to know?

THE KING: What is the fellow's name on the pikemen.

THE MARSHALL: What is the fellow's name on the right flank.

THE KING: I'm not askin' ya who's on second!

THE MARSHALL: Who's on first.

THE KING: I don't know.

THE MARSHALL & THE KING: The pikemen!

THE KING: You got an archer core?

THE MARSHALL: Oh, sure.

THE KING: Does the King’s Army have a *good* archer core?

THE MARSHALL: Oh, absolutely.

THE KING: The assistant commander’s name?

THE MARSHALL: Why.

THE KING: I don't know, I just thought I'd ask you.

THE MARSHALL: Well, I just thought I'd tell you.

THE KING: Then tell me who's the assistant commander

THE MARSHALL: Who's on the left!

THE KING: Stay out of the front lines!

THE MARSHALL: Don't mention any names out here!

THE KING: I want to know what's the assistant commander’s name?

THE MARSHALL: What is on the right.

THE KING: I'm not askin' ya who's on the right!

THE MARSHALL: Who is on the left.

THE KING: I don't know!

THE MARSHALL & THE KING: The pikemen!

THE MARSHALL: Now take it easy, take it easy, man.

THE KING: And the assistant commander’s name?

THE MARSHALL: Why.

THE KING: Because!

THE MARSHALL: Oh, he's the quartermaster.

THE KING: Ugh…you know what, Fuhgeddabutit, I don’t care. Good night.

The King began to storm off. After a second, the marshall called to him.

“What’d you say.”

The King turned in a fury. “I SAID FUHGEDDABUTIT, I DON’T CARE!”

The marshall said, “O…he has the vanguard.”

The King turned to his marshall, drawing Excalibur. Suffice to say, the Marshall did not survive the night…although his plan did, and thus, the army.

And, because of this, the pretender signed a peace with the King. Now only one pretender claimed the throne.

So...a different set of comedians...still funny though

[video=youtube;WQXwt83hYkE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQXwt83hYkE[/video]

Enjoy, and please comment!

That was good mate, well done.

Thanks for commenting!

I know I haven't posted for a while, real life has gotten in the way...I hope to get something up this week though, but unfortunately no promises

Part XIX: A Blast From the Past

[TWENTY-FIVE YEARS PREVIOUSLY]

The sky was clear; the stars were shining; not a cloud was in sight. Throughout England a misty fog bathed the land and a light wind journeyed from coast to coast. It was three in the morning on the 26th of December.

In a little town called Oxford, there was an inn, and outside this inn there was a stable, and inside this stable there was a stall, where a woman named Igraine who gave birth to a son, and she named him Arthur, for he was the bastard son of Eddard de Normandie, Prince of England in the line of King Arthur the legendary king.

A knock came on the stable door. “Who is it?” the woman asked.

“We are three wise men,” a voice boomed from outside.

She opened the door, and there were three men, clad in the finest robes, with horses – yes, actual horses, not three guys with coconuts – chained to the wall outside the stable. “Well, what are you doing creeping around a cow shed at three o’clock in the morning?” she asked. “That doesn’t sound very wise to me.”

3wisemen.jpg

The one in the back answered. “We’re astrologers.” He pointed above the stable. “We followed the star.”

Disco_ball4.jpg

Igraine glared at them. “Is this some kind of joke?”

The first one laughed, but the other two glared at them, and their gaze forced him to stop. “No,” one of them said, “we came to praise the infant.”

“Yes,” another said. “We have come to do him homage.”

“Homage?” Igraine asked. “Homage? Are you guys drunk or something?”

One of them looked offended. “Nonsense, I’m offended. We only get drunk on the third Thursday of every month.”

“It IS the third Thursday of the month,” Igraine pointed out.

“Oh…well, we’re not drunk. Not this time.”

“Besides,” another pointed out, “we get drunk on the *night* of the third Thursday of the month. It’s 3 in the morning.”

“Would you please get out of my stable?” Igraine asked.

“We were led by a star, let us praise the babe.”

“More like you were led by the bottle and maybe some cat-smelling plants. You three, get out of here,” she demanded, pushing them out the door.

As she was shutting the door on them, one of them yelled. “Gifts, we’ve brought gifts!” She stopped closing the door.

“Hmmm…what kinds of gifts are you talking about?” she asked.

“Gold. Frankincense. Myrrh.” The wise men recited the list like it was obvious.

“Well then, come on in,” Igraine invited, opening the door wide. “Why didn’t you say so?”

They all entered, placed their gifts next to the crib, and sat down. “May I get you men something to drink?” she asked. “I’ve got hot chocolate, tea, coffee, vodka, cow blood, gym sock soup, pee of a witch, and, of course, Diet Coke.”

The three men looked at each other. “Um, no thanks, I’m good.”

Igraine grabbed a can of Diet Cow Blood for herself and sat down next to the crib. “Well, do you boys did this often – going around and giving gifts to babies?”

“No, of course not,” they scoffed. “We came because we saw the star.”

“Well he is the bastard of Eddard, maybe that’s why you knew to come.”

“No, we came for the star.”

“I wonder why Eddard told you to come; I guess he couldn’t send the gifts himself.”

‘We have no idea who this Eddard person is. We came because we saw the star, and have journeyed tens of miles from the East to this great town to see the babe.”

Another knock came at the door.

“Come in,” Igraine called.

A man clad in black with horns on his head walked into the room, bearing a ladder. After setting up the ladder, he went back outside, grabbed a fog machine, placed it under the ladder, and turned it on.

1148888627_tim.jpg

“Who are you, who hovers with that string…or other visible supporting device?” one of the wise men asked.

“I am an enchanter,” the man boomed. His voice was deep and raspy.

“By what name are you known?” the mother asked.

“There are some who call me Tim.”

“Oh, great Tim,” a wise man said, “what brings you here today?”

The enchanter looked over the room from his elevated position. “ I came to see the babe, whom a great prophecy has foretold his coming.”

“By what prophecy is this, O great and powerful Tim?” Igraine asked.

“That I cannot tell you, for it is against the ancient laws. But trust me, he will be great and powerful, and will remembered throughout the ages in the Paradox AAR forums.”

“What?!?!?” everybody questioned, baffled about this strange place he mentioned.

“Errr….nothing. Back to the point – I have come bearing a great gift:

CHRISTMAS COOKIES!”

ChristmasCookies2.jpg

[video=youtube;AeWI5RcgOLs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeWI5RcgOLs[/video]

Yea, it's been a while guys, thanks to school and real-life busy-ness. In any case, here's a new post, I'll try to get another one up before January but no guarantees. As always, I encourage you all to comment, complain, voice concerns, write a short anecdote about these characters, suggest real-life things I ought to parody, tell me I'm good-looking, etc. Please guys, comment.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Part XX: Two Roads Converge…

Bring out your dead!”

In some parts of Europe, New Year’s Eve was a beautiful day. Nobles from throughout France and the Empire gathered in the great palace of Versailles near Paris for the French King’s New Year’s Ball. The Spanish celebrated with a wonderful soccer game against the Moors in Valencia, the Byzantine Emperor threw a Cleopatra look-alike competition that brought flocks of peasant women (and a few nobles too!) journeying to Constantinople. The Kings of Sweden and Denmark had a massive snowball fight while snow blanketed the land, and the Finns welcomed in the new year by slapping each other with fish and singing a musical number. Scotland even joined in the festivities with a nationwide competition to see which noble looks the best in a skirt.

341866875_a0e8c69f1e_o.jpg

But in England…oh, in England…

A dense fog covered the land torn apart by civil war. This year’s crop had failed thanks to pillaging armies, an infestation of locusts, and a great fire that burned for seven and seventy days. The combat caused several thousands of refugees to flee to Camelot, and the subsequent sack of Camelot made these things worse, far worse. Worse still, a plague ripped through the British Isles. Human filth and the stench of decaying flesh filled the cities.

“Bring out your dead!”

“Hold up a sec, I got a couple!” A man’s head appeared in the window of the shack to the dead collector’s left. After the collector nodded stopped the cart, the man disappeared for a second before pushing open the front door and dragging out a couple of bodies.

“That’ll be $14.75.”

The man dug into his pockets and pulled out a ten and two singles. “How’s twelve?”

The collector thought for a moment, then nodded. “Sounds alright.” He turned to his assistant. “Cleese, put ‘em on the cart.”

“Thank you, good sir,” the man said. “They’ve been stanching my house for three days while I’ve waited for you to come around.”

“Eh, sure, sure, it’s no problem mate. Say,” he asked, “what happened to these three? Plague got ‘em?”

The man nodded. “Yessiree, the plague got ‘em…well, they got my wife and son, yes it did.”

“What about that guy?” the collector asked, pointing to the one who was not a young man and definitely not the guy’s deceased wife.

“Not a clue who he is. All I know is, he tried to rob my house, steal all my money yesterday. When I’s laughed and tried to search with him, he sliced at me with a sword, and I killed him with a rock.”

“Oh…did you report it to the local officer?”

“Can’t. Dropped dead of the plague last Tuesday.”

“Oh…well…that sucks…well, have a nice day.”

“Don’t tell me how to live my life,” the man retorted, heading back inside his house.

The collector looked at his assistant, shrugged, and began pushing the cart again.

“Bring out your dead! Bring out your dead!”

Life was dull for Lancelot. Every day he would get up, buy the morning paper, and read it on the train to school while sipping an iced latte from Dunkin’ Donuts. Every single day. For a seventeen-year-old such as Lance, especially the adventurous type such as himself, well…that ain’t gonna cut it.

And on this one particular morning, he was sitting on the train, as always, reading the same boring newspaper about the same boring death tolls and the same political propaganda from both men who claim to be king, smelling the same boring horse manure from the horses that pulled the train, jolted by the same bumps and potholes that had gotten so familiar the conductor had started giving them names.

“Alright, ladies and gentlemen, be prepared, we’re coming up to Bobby!”

For Lancelot, this was his everyday life. Until…

“Ni! Ni!”

Outside the city’s grand cathedral, now in disrepair, a couple of teenagers surrounded an elderly monk, demanding money to pay for new iPads.

“Ni! Ni!” With every word from their mouths, the monk trembled in fear, clutching his ears and slowly beginning to crumble under the weight of their Nis.

“Ah, what a shame,” a man on the train said, “the youth of today, going around and saying ‘Ni’ to a poor elderly monk like that, it’s a real shame.”

Without thinking, Lance jumped off the moving train and approached the teens. “Hey, you no-good, unchivalrous bastards, stop threatening this monk!”

The leader, who was very tall, turned around, laughed, and yelled, “Ni!” at Lance. He began to clutch his ears. Believing him to be out of the picture now, the teens turned back on the monk, but Lance, half-thinking, stumbled over to a gardener, grabbed his shovel, and stumbled back over to the teens. He took aim at the leader and swung, but the leader, oblivious to the shovel, knelt down to tie his shoe at just the last moment, and so Lancelot knocked the poor monk out.

“Hey, you just killed the poor fella, you bastard. Now we ain’t getting our iPads,” the leader said, turning on Lance and pounding his fists. “You’re gonna pay for this.”

“Bring out your dead!”

bring_out_your_dead3-400x397.jpg

The dead collector turned the corner, lugging behind him a cart filled to the brim with corpses. The teens, seeking revenge, ran to the collector saying, “We’ve got one right here, we’ve got one right here, that $#%^&* over there killed him with a shovel.”

“Woah, woah, settle down, settle down. A murder, you say? Well, where’s the cop?” the collector asked.

An elderly woman, missing a tooth and smelling of urine, passed by and stopped and said, “We don’t got a cop anymore. The old cop was my husband, Johan the Cretin, who dropped dead last Tuesday from the plague, which does leave me sadly available.” She elbowed the collector and put her hand on her hip, crossed her feet, and in general struck a modeling pose.

The dead collector looked at her for a second and then sidestepped away from the woman. “Well, then, I guess…um, what happened.”

“These kids were torturing this monk by saying ‘Ni’ to him,” Lance interjected, “and when I tried to stop him I accidentally hit the poor fella with a shovel.”

“Accidentally, eh? Good enough for me.” The teens objected, but the collector continued, “Put him on the cart.”

“I don’t want to go on the cart.”

Everybody stood in stunned silence as the monk got up. Looking around at everybody in disbelief, he said, “Well, I’m not dead, why would I want to go on the cart?”

“But…but…” the teens stammered.

“I’m amazed, good sir,” Lance said, “what with your advanced age and all –”

“I’m twenty-seven. I’m not old,” the monk rebuked.

“Oh…”

“Well then,” the collector said, “if I’m not needed here I’m just gonna go drop these poor guys off at the local morgue and be on my way. Can’t be late, unless I want the Feds after me, and besides, I’m leaving town today.”

“What for?” Lance asked.

“To look for Prince Eddard,” the collector replied. “I hear he’s gathering an army, and I’m going to enlist.”

“Ah, Prince Eddard, good fella, good fella,” the monk said.

“As a knight?” Lance asked again.

“Perhaps, if they’ll let me.”

Lancelot sensed his change to escape his boring life. “Then let me come with you.”

The collector looked at Lance. “Why?”

“I’ve always fancied some of that fighting, and with an older guy like yourself they might actually let me join.”

“I’m not old,” the collector answered, “I’m only sixteen, I just grow facial hair quickly and…wait, did you say there’s fighting? I thought being a knight was just about dressing up and dancing.”

“Only in peace, good…err…what’s your name, Mr. Collector?”

“Robin.”

One of the teens, daydreaming about kittens, suddenly snapped to attention. “Robin. Lance. Hey, isn’t there a song about a Robin and a Lancelot during the reign of William the Conqueror?”

The monk nodded. “Aye, there is. But Robin and Lance are common enough names, and besides, do you really believe all that stuff in the song, about monsters and gorgons and things. Robin and Lance weren’t real, they were just two guys meant to symbolize all of us, and the monsters in the battle represent all the monsters that we face throughout our lives.”

The leader of the teens laughed. “Stop getting all philoslothical on us.”

philoslothical.jpg

“Philosophical.”

“Whatever. What I mean to say is, nobody cares.”

And that’s the tale of how Lance and Robin met, and how they ended up in Prince Eddard’s army, training to be knights.

“Hey, Lance, what’s the first thing you’re going to do as a knight?”

“Eat some steak maybe. How ‘bout you Robin?”

Robin stared off dramatically into the middle distance. “I’m going to hire a mariachi band.”

726725_5270358_i.jpg

Well, again, sorry for the inconsistency between updates. I do my best.

Comments are more than appreciated.

begging-dog.jpg

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Part XXI: A Chat with Cleese…errr…God

It was a dark and windy winter evening as the King’s and the pretender’s armies stared at each other across the valley. Each army faced each other down, man for man, waiting for the other to make its first move, and begin the fight that would bring the War of the Two Kings and the Queen and the Mercenary Company and Maybe the Union Federation of Communist Cats (Note: there were reports that the legendary and possibly fictional organization had laid siege to Camelot only to find the castle already sacked and infested with mice…or that might just be why they were in the castle…).

Finally the Pretender’s bugler blew his horn and the vanguard advanced. Battle was about to be underway. Inch by inch, foot by foot, yard by yard, the two lines approached, until they were in shouting distance, then speaking distance, and finally, in sword distance.

Thunder and lightning shook the valley as the two lines met, smiting both the King and the Pretender where they stood. The world shook as thunder roared for four full minutes, until finally the lightning subsided, and the valley began to sit in silence once more.

“EDDARD, EDDARD, KING OF THE BRITAINS,” a voice boomed from above, addressing Eddard, the only child of either the smitten King or Pretender (and thus the only one in existence with a claim to the throne). Two massive pillars straddled the valley, resting upon the tallest mountains in the land, pink as flesh.

Pink. Pink as flesh.

Massive pillars….no, not pillars.

Legs.

god.jpg

Everybody in the valley prostrated himself immediately, recognizing that he stood in the presence of the Lord God.

“OH, DON’T GROVEL, IF THERE’S ONE THING I CAN’T STAND, IT’S PEOPLE GROVELING….EDDARD, WHAT ARE YOU DOING PISSING AROUND IN THIS VALLEY?”

Eddard looked down. “We were playing the Game of Thrones, my Lord.”

“WHAT?!?!”

The new King gulped. “We were fighting over the throne.”

“OH…(whispering to himself) got to get up to date on what these kids watch on TV…(back in normal voice)…RIGHT. AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING NOW?”

“I’m averting my eyes, Lord.”

“WELL DON’T DO THAT!” The King looked up at the heavens. “AND STOP LOOKING UP MY SKIRT!”

The King looked down again.

“RIGHT! EDDARD, KING OF THE BRITONS, YOUR KNIGHTS SHALL HAVE A TASK TO MAKE THEM AN EXAMPLE IN THESE DARK TIMES.”

“Oh, good idea, Lord.”

“OF COURSE IT’S A GOOD IDEA! I’M GOD, YOU STUPID TWIT!”

A soldier to Eddard’s right laughed. Lightning flashed. Suddenly there was no soldier on Eddard’s right.

The sky folded open, revealing an empty void. “EDDARD, THIS IS THE HOLY GRAIL. LOOK WELL, ARTHUR, FOR IT IS YOUR SACRED TASK TO SEEK THIS GRAIL. THAT IS YOUR PURPOSE, EDDARD: THE QUEST FOR THE HOLY GRAIL.”

An Angel of the Lord played a trumpet in the background.

Then the Lord must have looked at the black void, and something must have supposed to have been there, for he screamed, “I SAID BEHOLD THE BLOODY HOLY GRAIL, YOU STUPID IDIOTS! YOU ARE LITERALLY THE WORST STAGE CREW IN EXISTENCE! YOU SHOULD ALL BE SENT DOWN TO THE DEEPEST PITS OF HELL FOR THE LOUSY JOB YOU’VE.” The Lord’s iPhone rings. “HOLD ON A SEC, I GOTTA TAKE THIS CALL, IT’S FROM THE AUTHOR….good evening, sir...oh…ah…budget cuts…ok…I see…yep, no problem…of course…for the benefit of the story…okay…sure…I’ll just show them on my phone I guess…ok…thank you…bye.” God scrolled through some links of Google Images before showing this on his massive phone:

“YESSIR, HERE YOU GO GUYS, HERE’S A PIC OF THE HOLY GRAIL.”

Spamalot_grail.jpg

The King asked, “Lord, what shall we do – ”

“JUST FIND THE GRAIL, OK. AND GET ON WITH IT! THESE READAARS DON’T HAVE ALL NIGHT!”

Lightning flashed, thunder roared, and suddenly the Lord was gone.

Eddard looked over the two armies that were once enemies. “God be praised, we have a quest!”

A soldier yelled. “TO FIND THE QUAIL!”

Eddard looked at him. “No, no. The Grail. The vessel used at the Last Supper.”

Robin the dead-collector looked at him blankly. “The Lord had a boat at the Last Supper? Was it some sort of dinner cruise.”

Eddard rolled his eyes. “No, a vessel is a cup.”

“You mean, God the all-knowing has misplaced a cup.”

The loud roar went up throughout the audience. “SILENCE!” the king yelled.

“Yes, silence.” A man in a tuxedo walked out of a door in a hollow tree that led to a control room underground. “From now on, silence.” Tuxedoman looked over the crowd of soldiers. “This AAR’s being canceled boys.”

“Cancelled?” the King gasped. Another roar went through the crowd, this time not from the soldiers, but from their actors, concerned that they weren’t going to get paid for the episodes not yet filmed.

Tuxedoman raised his hand, and again silence ripped through the crowd. “Yes, I’m afraid so. You see, advertisements have been low, and we’ve been holding us afloat by cutting corners, bringing back Robin and Lance’s actors to play guys with the same names since the actors and the names were still under contract, not having a beautiful giant floating Holy Grail to use in this scene…but it didn’t work. The only reason we let it get this far was because John Cleese demanded that we get in his voicework as the voice of God.”

“So why did the AAR fail miserably, Mr. Producer Man?” Lance asked.

Robin stepped forward. “I believe I know the answer, sir.”

Eddard asked, “Why?”

Robin looked at the producer and asked for one last song. He nodded, so four minstrels gathered around him.

“In any great adventure that you don’t want to lose, victory depends upon the people that you choose. So listen, for the next AAR, closely to this news –
You won’t succeed in AARland if you don’t have any JEWS.

You may have the most comments,
Fill the tale with Robb Stark’s pets,
You may have the finest Marshalls and best Spies.
You may read the AARlander, but I’m sorry author dear,
You’ll hear no cheers, just lots and lots of BOOS!

There may be PELFs by the score whom the audience adore,
You may even do an Interactive Vicky 2;
You may write gameplay tales instead,
You may snack on unleavened bread,
But I tell you, you are dead if you don’t have any JEWS!

They won’t care if your portrait’s pretty,
Or your writing’s witty,
They’ll simply say it’s s***ty and refuse!
Nobody will read, sir – if it’s not kosher, then no show sir!
Even WIngedLion14 won’t be dim enough to choose!

Put on tales that make men stare with pics of girls in underwear,
Your comments may be the finest of reviews!
But the ReadAARs will not care, sir, as long as you don’t dare, sir
To open up in AARland if you don’t have any JEWS!

The Big Blue Blob may come a-fighting,
You may do lots of horrid smiting,
You may even have some OPMs conquer the world.
Your charactAARs may be nice boys, but sadly we’re all goys,
And that continuity error in your AAR you must lose.

So despite your use of mods,
Or naughty girls painted on bombs,
And the most impressive images you use,
There may be Carnage man v. man-o
You may bring on a piano,
But they will not give a damn-o
If you don’t have any JEWS!

[insert horrendous piano piece here, followed by the bottle dance, followed by a farmer walking by carrying…]

HAY_BALE.jpg

HAY!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOI! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOI!”

You may fill your tales with gays, have Malian girls on councils,
You may even conquer EU4 with Ryuku!
You haven’t got a clue, if you don’t have a Jew
All the time invested you are going to lose!

There’s a very small percentile who enjoys the tales of Gentiles,
I’m sad to be the one who brings this news.
But nevermind your wordplay, you just won’t succeed in AARland,
You just won’t succeed in AARland if you don’t have any JEWS!

AUTHOR, CAN YOU HEAR ME?!??!?!?!?!

To get along in AARland, to write your tale in AARland, to hit the top in AARland and not lose, I tell you, Author, please, there is one essential thing:

There simply must be, oh, please trust me, there simply must be Jews!”

spamalot-2-Jews-number-250x166.jpg

Robin looked at the producer expectantly.

“Well then,” the Producer said, “I guess we better see if Sons of Abraham is on sale yet…”

So, yes, unfortunately, this is it - I've sort of lost the will to write this, as I lost a lot of screenshots and I played the game so long ago I don't remember everything, and frankly I don't have the time to do this on a regular basis at the moment. Still, no matter what, I felt it deserved a proper send-off.

Thank you to all those who have been with me this whole time, both commenters and lurkers alike. I will be back in AARland, probably next month or so, once school settles down, writing a gameplay AAR probably. And one day, perhaps, you might see the Monty Python AAR return, when I've got more AAR experience under my belt.

Anyways, once again, thank you all so much!