• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It's a curious thing, are they stopping *all* BattleTech IP-related projects, or just this one, singular? One can only hope they're not done with the IP, but I would certainly understand if they want to try to branch out. As a company, they do need to keep exploring new projects after all. Though this is the second "we're now finished" video I've had in the last two days and it's made me a little emotional.

Time to cure that by killing some Directorate goons.

I'm betting that one of those 2 projects is going to be Battletech 2. With all the stuff they have learned from making Battletech, the feedback from the community, & out of the box ideas from mods. I got that feeling that BT2 will be a worthy sequel to Battletech.
As much as I would like that, HBS always told the Lord’s honest truth... two non-BATTLETECH games, means two non-BATTLETECH games.

But 2, 3 maybe 4 years down the road... well then, everything is possible, : )

Last edited:
Shame that Battletech is coming to an end, but I couldn't really think of what else HBS could do with the game at this point.

What I am really bummed out about is that one of these two new projects is apparently not going to be BT2. That's the really sad news.

...Time to cure that by killing some Directorate goons.
The balm that soothes ragged nerves... the celebratory Big and Stompy action that marks the good times. BATTLETECH still has it all.

And if Update 1.9 fixes BATTLETECH’s Modloader... I’ll finally dive into some of those Major Mods out there, : )

I respectfully disagree.

BATTLETECH 2, straight from Jordan and Mitch during the Kickstarter, was always meant to bring the gamer a new “take” on the BATTLETECH experience. In my opinion that means new gameplay, features and likely a new engine were part of this from as far back as Kickstarter.

And while two new games may take a couple years, HBS has grown over these last 4 years... in 2022/23 I believe the door opens for a BATTLETECH 2.

And I’ll be here, ready to pre-order or kickstart it when it does. :bow:

That’s what I’m hoping. IIRC there are some limitations with BattleTech’s code that precludes running larger numbers of player mechs. To move to the clan invasion, you need to be at 5 units minimum, 6 if you want C* playable (hello Tukkayid!), and more if you want to add in player controlled battle armor.

With the success of the game and additional resources available from being a Paradox company, this could very well be a sign that a BT2 is coming.

A bit of theory crafting...

Well, one thing we know is that Microsoft is the license holder for the Battletech PC/Console gaming Franchise. It is possible that BT and MW5 has spurred a new found interest in Microsoft for the brand and they have their own ideas on how they want to go forward. Maybe those plans won't include licensing out the brand.

We may never know those details or motivations, however if a new Microsoft BT game is announced a year or two from now, that would seem like an indicator. Time will tell I suppose.

...And if Update 1.9 fixes BATTLETECH’s Modloader...

Hmm, they've made *some* fixes to the modloader and the ability for modders to mod the modloader.

We'll see how far that gets or if we need to stick with Modtek.

Not gonna lie, thankful for the game, but unhappy about today's announcement.

Last edited:
my concern is does 1.9 mean thats it for bug fixing.
cuz gotta say....there are still quite a few out there...some of which impede modding efforts.

even if HBS doesnt release anymore content i sincerely hop that continue to release bug fixes as i seriously doubt 1.9 squashes em all

As much as I would like that, HBS always beings the Lord’s honest truth... two non-BATTLETECH games, means two non-BATTLETECH games.

But 2, 3 maybe 4 years down the road... well then, everything is possible, : )

The email to Kickstarter backers said non-Battletech, but if Mitch used those words in the video I missed them.

I do wonder- things seemed to be going well. Did the season pass not sell enough? Did the modders mine out too much of the prospective features? Does HBS just need a break from mechs? Or does the direction I think a lot of people want to go - dropping multiple lances, Clan Invasion- just represent a massive balance and technical headache for a codebase designed around one lance and level 1 technology?

In any case, I will look forward to the future game announcements.

This is where my vote goes.

That's very possible too. With an existing IP there is a lot of rules, lore, and even licensing that needs to be followed/paid. When you make your own IP, the sky is the limit.

Unless they are making a different existing property like Crimson Skies :). Maybe...possibly...hopefully.

Oh well, I had been hoping for a second Season Pass. :(

It's been great fun since the start of the Kickstarter project*, and I see no reason not to keep backing you guys on your next projects. :thumbs-up emoji:

Thank you, HBS, for creating, launching, and supporting an AWESOME game. :D

*4 years? Wow, I still remember how excited I was when I read your Kickstarter goals and immediately created an account to support. Time does fly when having fun. ;):D

Thanks team HBS for delivering a great Battletech game. Easily one of the best games I've backed, no regrets at all.
Looking forward to hearing what's in the pipeline, but also hope that one day Battletech 2 is announced.
Cheers

Thank you to everyone at HBS for the countless hours of fun. Between playing, modding and discussing this game, it's been a great journey and a fulfilling KS for me. I would never have guessed when I first pledged that I would end up hacking together an entire Flashpoint campaign for fun. I can't wait to see what HBS will do next.

Cheers, y'all!
So many feels...

Thank you to all of HBS for this labor of love you've given us, and thank you for letting us share some small part in this wild ride you've undertaken.

Also Mitch can you please share my special thanks to Robin as well?

Thank you HBS: for everything.

EFpLW4JXkAIDGQm.jpg

I can't wait to see what comes next.

I'm kinda sad and happy about this as the same time. Sure, BT was (and still is) one of my favorite games, but I'm happy HBS decided not to ride this horse until it's dead, by forcing DLC after DLC down our throats. HM was a great ending, with some polish added by the next patch. I'm thrilled to see what's next for HBS, and maybe someday there will be BT2. And with all the mods out there and coming, there is plenty of gaming to be done :)

Thanks to all of you in the community for your support, attention, and involvement. You've really made this thing awe inspiring.

Just a thousand times: Thank you.