• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
Been a pleasure working on this with HBS, always loved Battletech.

I remember when my boss back in 2017 asked if I was interested in working on this, my response was "I played a crazy amount of MechCommander back in the day" and that was that. Since then we've launched the game, three DLCs, numerous free updates, welcomed them into the PDX group, helped them grow to handle two projects at the same time and started two new projects.

The only downside is, along the way I got promoted and now no longer work directly on any projects. I still find plenty of reasons to go visit Seattle though, so much fun working them.

I'll start by saying, I'm old. Will there ever be a grand strategy game where you can be a great house, running a fully military campaign with drop ship/jump ship allocation and multi lance, vehicle, elemental, and astro-fighter support? I love this game, HBS has done an incredible job on it. I am just left a little wanting and I'm not familiar with the modding communities role right now. Has HBS made their code mod friendly? I have only heard about crashing and registry wipes for the mods I know about despite how great they seem. Is this kind of out of the realm of the game, say too LogisticTech? I always wanted to run a full combined arms war in the BT universe? I'm wicked naive to think that's an easy request.
-B

It is unlikely we will do a grand strategy game with the IP even though it would be a wonderful combination. Maybe one those of those studios MS acquired will give us more BT games in the future.

• 3Like
Reactions: