• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well the Somali and Djibouti claims are obvious (if Ethiopia wins the war they usual end end up getting all of Italian East Africa except Kismayo which actually they should also get) bUT are these Kenyan claims realistic? They are after all British territory. But if you can convince me (and I really want to be convinced! :D ) that these should be claims then please go right ahead!

It's Funny that you mention it since I'm doing an Ethiopian AAR and last om th was doing research on Christian Nubia! I even came upon the website of the Coptic Church of Alexandria's mission in Mombasa! It's all very fascinating. It's a pity that the African Christians lost contact gradually to Byzantium and the Orthodox Church and after the fall of Constantinople, completely lost contact.

Future Negusa Nagast (or King of Kings) Menelik II stated that Ethiopia would seek to regain control of all of its former domain (from the height of the Abyssinian Empire). This was in the late 19th Century under Negusa Nagast Yohannes IV. He stated the ancient boundaries as from the Red Sea coast from the ancient Turkish stronghold at Dogali, to the Horn of Africa, to Mombasa (to be featured in HALO 2!!! :D ) to Lake Victoria to Khartoum- including (at the time) the Muslim Stronghold City-state of Harar and the Galla lands (in the central mountains south to Kenya) and the lands of the Eastern Plains.

Yohannes IV and Menelik II were both also crowned Negusa Nagast at the former capital of the Abyssinian Empire located in Aksum- the site of which is now occupied by the city of Khartoum.

Also- I believe that Ethiopia's steel production should be somewhat higher- Ethiopia had notable gold reserves and a developing copper industry. Not to mention the fact that Abyssinia has always been famous for its iron deposits- after all the nation does have an opening directly into the center of the Earth through the middle of it ;)

Edit: Gondar should have an IC point. No more- but it should have one IC- even take one from Addis Abeba. Gondar was the capital until the 1890's. But Menelik moved the capital at this time and decided to make Addis Abeba (New Flower) the economic and political capital of Ethiopia.

Last edited:
I agree on Gondar but isn't Aksum modern day Aksum in Tigre?

As for steel, their copper and steel production should be higher but I can't find any numbers for anytime in the 30's, I'll see what I can do if you can find any.

YOu're right- there are two Aksum's- The one I was referring two in Khartoum is spelled Axum- I was mistaken; Menelik II, Yohannes IV, Tewodros, Saile Selaisse, and Haile Selaisse I were crowned in Aksum in Gondar.

As for the numbers- much of Ethiopia's production (up through the 60's) is not posted online due to the fact that Ethiopia's modernization is not retroactive yet (they're concerned with the present more). I'll keep looking though.

I've got some unit names for Ethiopia:

Army of Amhara
Army of Tigre- it's spelled "Tigre" not Tigray
Army of Shoa
Army of Galla
Army of Gojjam
Army of Wallaga
Army of Gurage*
Army of Arussi*
Army of Sidamo
Army of Bali
Army of Kaffa*
Army of Borana*
Army of Gondar
Army of Harar
Army of Adowa*
Army of Metemma*
Army of Magdala*

* - indicates a smaller/ less important region and should be a militia unit name

I already redid the entire Ethiopian army (and added some leaders) with the help of von Adler for the next patch, if you want, I can e-mail it to you but new unit names are always welcomed