• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
i knew they have to be somewhere... and then i found this event in cored_nationalist_spain.txt:

#########################################################################
# Spanish Civil War - Victory!!!
event = {
id = 3004
random = no
country = SPA

trigger = {
owned = { province = 972 data = SPA }
NOT = {
exists = SPR
}
}
name = "EVT_3004_NAME"
desc = "EVT_3004_DESC"
style = 0

action_a = {
name = "OK" # Great!
command = { type = capital which = 972 }
# added in 1.05
command = { type = warentry which = USA value = -5 }
command = { type = sleepleader which = 3455 }
command = { type = sleepleader which = 3456 }

command = { type = sleepevent which = 2155 }
command = { type = sleepevent which = 2156 }
}
}

Originally posted by nachinus
But still those leaders should be slept if GER chooses not to support SPA. The easiest way is an event triggered by b option of GER's 'Intervention in SCW' event, dont you think?
as far as i see, the event happens when SPA wins the SCW, then the leaders are "send to sleep"... it doesn't matter if GER helped SPA or not... ;)

Originally posted by Generalisimo
as far as i see, the event happens when SPA wins the SCW, then the leaders are "send to sleep"... it doesn't matter if GER helped SPA or not... ;)

I mean that those leaders will be in SPA´s leader pool during SCW even if GER doesnt support SPA, and it has not sense.

I mean that those leaders will be in SPA's leader pool during SCW even if GER doesnt support SPA, and it has not sense.

I mean that those leaders will be in SPA´s leader pool during SCW even if GER doesnt support SPA, and it has not sense.
oh, yes... :D
so, what you were saying is that we need another event that is triggered by GER option B (not support SPA) to sleep those leaders?... i totally agree. :D

oh, yes... :D
so, what you were saying is that we need another event that is triggered by GER option B (not support SPA) to sleep those leaders?... i totally agree. :D

What about something like this?:

# Spanish Civil War - Intervention
event = {
id = 2023
random = no
country = GER

# Triggered by SPA 3001

name = "EVT_2023_NAME"
desc = "EVT_2023_DESC"
style = 0

action_a = {
name = "ACTIONNAME2023A" # Send materiel and volunteers
command = { type = manpowerpool value = -30 }
command = { type = supplies value = -2500 }
command = { type = trigger which = 3002 } #SPA
command = { type = trigger which = 3719 } #USA
command = { type = gain_tech which = 11100 } # change
command = { type = gain_tech which = 11200 } # change
command = { type = gain_tech which = 11201 }
command = { type = gain_tech which = 11204 }
command = { type = gain_tech which = 12102 }
}
action_b = {
name = "ACTIONNAME2023B" # Franco needs no aid
command = { type = dissent value = 5 }
command = { type = trigger which = xxx } #SPA NEW!
command = { type = gain_tech which = 11100 } # change
command = { type = gain_tech which = 11200 } # change
command = { type = gain_tech which = 11201 }
command = { type = gain_tech which = 11204 }
command = { type = gain_tech which = 12102 }
}
}

# Spanish Civil War - GER doesnt help us!!!
event = {
id = xxx
random = no
country = SPA

#triggered by GER 2023 b

name = "Germany decides not to help Spanish fascists"
desc = "German politicians have decided to break their promise they made us. They promised help against communisms and anarchism in Spain, Hitler himself gave his word of sending us planes, men, tanks and military advisors in the moment we started the rebellion against the corrupt government of the Republic, and now they've left us alone. In spite of this, our compromise with God, Spain and History is unavoidable, and we'll fight the devil of communism alone, if necesary."
style = 0

action_a = {
name = "OK" # Great!
# added in 1.05
command = { type = alignment which = fascist value = -5}
command = { type = sleepleader which = 3455 }
command = { type = sleepleader which = 3456 }
}
}

Its just an example, ive not gave the event id number and ive not tested it, ive only made it quickly. Also, the GER event is taken from CORE 0.53, as ive just returned from hliday and my computer is all messed up, but i dont think that event have changed from 0.53 to 0.532, have it?

Just one question. The GER event gaves GER the techs no matter if they intervene in the war or not... its a little strange, isnt it? The frede techs should be removed from 2nd option, IMO

Last edited:
Its just an example, ive not gave the event id number and ive not tested it, ive only made it quickly. Also, the GER event is taken from CORE 0.53, as ive just returned from hliday and my computer is all messed up, but i dont think that event have changed from 0.53 to 0.532, have it?

Just one question. The GER event gaves GER the techs no matter if they intervene in the war or not... its a little strange, isnt it? The frede techs should be removed from 2nd option, IMO
it should also move SPA at least a bit from the fascist corner... ;)

about the techs... i think the same the last time i saw the events... but i cannot remember why we add that there... balancing issues?? :confused:

it should also move SPA at least a bit from the fascist corner... ;)

about the techs... i think the same the last time i saw the events... but i cannot remember why we add that there... balancing issues?? :confused:

Added. Ive edited the post with a -5 to fascism, ok? ;)

Aren't those techs that Germany once had but they were stripped from the INC file and added via events instead? If so you'll probably find it will break AI Germany (which in 1936-1938 doesn't research doctrines).

What's the correct ID for the new event?

Originally posted by Steel
Aren't those techs that Germany once had but they were stripped from the INC file and added via events instead? If so you'll probably find it will break AI Germany (which in 1936-1938 doesn't research doctrines).

What's the correct ID for the new event?
802043 - (SPA) Germany decides not to help Spanish fascists (by nachinus)

although it may look good for "balancing issue" and to simplify the AI... it looks really stupid to get those techs no matter what... maybe we should make an event for the AI only that have only the option A... and for the player we keep that event BUT without those techs in the option B... ;)

Ive tested the events and they work ok. It was very simple and should not give problems... but you never know ;) I prefer to test every little thing.

I agree with Generalissimo with making a SCW Intervention event for GER player. I really think that giving those techs whatever you choose seems a little silly for a human player

Problems with naval techs.

I'm having a problem with obtaining amphibious techs, like the marine amphibious veichles, and also the amphibious techs later on from the maritime support org. doctrine. For some reason they are comming up in my tech tree but I am not given the option to pick them :( ( only look and drool, for I do love the marines )

Myrmidon

Re: Problems with naval techs.

Originally posted by Myrmidon
I'm having a problem with obtaining amphibious techs, like the marine amphibious veichles, and also the amphibious techs later on from the maritime support org. doctrine. For some reason they are comming up in my tech tree but I am not given the option to pick them :( ( only look and drool, for I do love the marines )

Myrmidon

Known bug, fixed in v0.6. To be able to research the tech (assuming you are comfortable editing the game files with Notepad - take a backup first :)) remove the pre-req 6202 from Basic Amphibious Assault Vehicle in ..\Hearts of Iron\mod-CORE\db\tech\armor_tech.txt

Tripartite Pact

It seemed I posted in wrong thread, so I moved it here.
-----------------------------------------------------
Hi. Thank you for offering us nice MOD.
I found a bug(?) so report it.

file: anticom.txt line: 301 id: 172026
note: deathdate value is set earlier than date value

current scripting is:
> date = { day = 1 month = july year = 1940 }
> offset = 180
> deathdate = { day = 30 month = december year = 1938 }

Will the event be triggerd? If so, there would be only one opportunity
for the Axis to make a pact. It's a bit severe...