• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

theekieran

Private
69 Badges
Mar 3, 2015
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Age of Wonders II
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
  • Age of Wonders
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Darkest Hour
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
Quick question - if I buy some DLC from the Paradox Store during this sale, but I play my Paradox games using Steam, will I be able to transfer that purchase over to Steam? Will they provide a Steam code or something? Thanks a lot

Yes, you get a Steam key to redeem there. The only difference between buying on Steam and on Paradox shop is the cut between Paradox and Steam. For the player, no difference.

Like other's said they send you a steam code.

It will show up in your Paradox account under keys there is an activate button that usually works and automatically adds it to your steam account if it is connected. I did have some trouble with the activate button for Monks & Mystics.

But besides the activate button it's as simple as hitting add a game in the bottom left of Steam and putting the code in.

Last edited by a moderator:
An additional piece of information: If you are a bargain hunter and want to scour GOG for sales as well, this will work fine using the PDX Launcher (after activating the code you get on your PDX account page) but GOG ownership does not, alas, transfer over to Steam.

Can someone be so kind as to explain to me where this magical "keys" section exists on my Paradox account page? I have Games, Orders, Downloads, Redeems, and Settings on my paradox account page. Games just shows my games, when I click manage, it provides me nothing, Details are blank for each game. If I click on Orders, it loads up some order history, but its lacking details as well. It honestly feels like my account is broken or something, i have tried multiple browsers....

Can someone be so kind as to explain to me where this magical "keys" section exists on my Paradox account page? I have Games, Orders, Downloads, Redeems, and Settings on my paradox account page. Games just shows my games, when I click manage, it provides me nothing, Details are blank for each game. If I click on Orders, it loads up some order history, but its lacking details as well. It honestly feels like my account is broken or something, i have tried multiple browsers....
There will only be Steam keys there if you bought the games from Paradox. If you bought them from anywhere else, including Steam, there are no keeys there. Nor is there a need for them.

Looking at your account, aside from one pre-order earlier this year you've not bought from us since 2015. Back then we used different store software so I suspect keys from then are not showing any more. But you don't need them anyway, unless you didn't get around to redeeming them at the time. Let me know if that is the case.

There will only be Steam keys there if you bought the games from Paradox. If you bought them from anywhere else, including Steam, there are no keeys there. Nor is there a need for them.

Looking at your account, aside from one pre-order earlier this year you've not bought from us since 2015. Back then we used different store software so I suspect keys from then are not showing any more. But you don't need them anyway, unless you didn't get around to redeeming them at the time. Let me know if that is the case.
I pre-purchased Holy Fury from the PDX store. My steam account is linked - will I receive a key soon or will it unlock automatically? I looked around but couldn't find a definitive answer.
Edit -unlock on Steam, I mean.

I pre-purchased Holy Fury from the PDX store. My steam account is linked - will I receive a key soon or will it unlock automatically? I looked around but couldn't find a definitive answer.
Edit -unlock on Steam, I mean.
You'll get your Steam key by mail on release day.