• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(76495)

Resident Iranien Fanatic
May 18, 2007
Difficulty: Normal
Agrresitivity : Normal
Game : Doomsday 1.3a
Plan : Be in london before the date say's 45 :rofl:

Britain first

Battleplan.jpg

------------------------------​
27 June 1944.
German High Command
Berlin

Bormann stod up before the table, and surveyed the individuals who looked back at him. First there was Dönitz. The capable commander of the german naval forces. Guderian who was in charge of the luftwaffe, and a loyal nazist. Albert speer, the amazing architact behind the war machine. Ribbentrop the skilled diplomat, and his more secretive counterpart Kaltenbrunner. Who was in charge of secret "diplomacy". The next chair belonging to Herr Himmler, in charge of "obedience", but he was away on the eastern front and had not sent a representative. The same was not true about model, who was busy on the western front. He had sent Oberstleutnant Shulz. Representing the italien front was the present and daring Rommel. And to represent the eastern front was Field Marshall Rundstedt.

Bormann : You all know why you´re here. Tomorrow i give Hitler his briefing, and you're all here to brief me. So lets begin. Dönitz?

Dönitz : Well, theres not much to say. The naval forces have been withdrawn to safe harbours. To prevent unwanted contact with the Royal Navy. Hopefully this will be a brief respite.

Withdrawingnavalforces.jpg

Bormann : we all hope so. Speer you have anything to say?

Speer : Not really, production haven't changed noteworthy in the last few days.

Bormann: okay... Güderian?

Güderian: Sadly, the luftwaffe is badly needing fuel. I request we are henceforth better prioritized. We have problems fielding enough aircrafts to do a impact on the enemy bombers. AND due to lack of oil we have been forced to stop all bomber attacks on Britain. This is not good.

Aircombat.jpg

Bormann: We all want more fuel. Ribbentorp, are you succeding in aqurering some?

Ribbentorp: Yes, we have had much luck gaining fuel from our allies and venezuela. However.... Our allies, besides romania, is gonna suffer from total
lack soon aswell. And venezuele is hostile, and might eventuale declare war on us.

Bormann: Lets not dwell on this. Any comments from Himmler or Kaltenbrunner?

Kaltenbrunner: Yes, we have both begun extensive spy programs. Him to root out hostile and me to place. So far the progress has been limitid. And our intels are quite clearly inflated.

SUintel.jpg

Bormann: Okay, onwards to the army. Hopefully they have better news.

Rundstadt: Not reallly, we are being forced back on the northern and central sectors in the eastern front. Only the southern holds in Ismail. The oil fields of plotsti are sequre.

Ismailholds.jpg

However, the more northern sectors are being forced back.

Midllesector.jpg

And even more northern the results are even worse.

potentialdisaster.jpg

I commisioned the troops stuck in estonia to withdraw before they were cut off. And troops east of the potential break was ordered west to prevent it arising. In generel troops are moving west to create the ostwall per the fuhrers request.

I have more sliders of defeat if it has any interest?

Bormann: no... uhm... i think we'll quickly proced to the italy. Rommel.

Rommel: We´re holding the line. No ground is given, dispite continus assults from a south african armoured division.

Italy.jpg

Last edited:
Looks interesting, you've got an especially hard goal aswell. I'll follow this!

Good luck.

Part 2: Italien and french front:
Bormann: Rommel, i want you to prepare a plan to kick out the british. You might have to do it with the forces at hand. Schulz. Give us some good news from Model.

Shulz : hmm.... the Anglo-american invasion is advaning on all fronts. Here's an oversight

Franceoversigt.jpg

The blue lines represent intial allied advances
Red secondary advances
and yellow final advances
The black are german troop movement.
The green is german attack, sadly there´s only one. And it was stopped by the allies, as representet by the red line.

The gray unfilled cirle is a german pocket. Here in cherbourg. Hopefully this will be the last. The three filled gray circles are german strongpoints. The allies will be unable to breach those, and the reconquest will be started from here.

Here is one that shows out retreat from the breast area. 3 infantery divisions escape just before a pocket is formed. Also shows the battle for Paris. Notice that americans need to have numerical advantage and attack from multiple directions to win.

parisattack.jpg

And heres a picture of the situation today.

27.jpg

Bormann : Do you have any good news? I can´t go to the fuhrer with just this...

Shulz: Well... its not so bad as it seems. Heres a picture of the situation on the 25. Can you notice the massive territorial gains? I cant...

25.jpg

And.... We are preparing a offensive. H-hour is just 6 hours away. First objective is to destroy the divison in calais. But also to achive positions to crush the americans.

Offensive.jpg

Black represents german movement, and the other colors each step in the assult. Lines directions of attack, and circles pockets. We might even crush the invasion before reinforcements arrive from the eastern front.

Rundstadt : ha.... unlikely

Bormann : Well.... i think that concludes todays meeting. I'll be off to the fuhrer.

Last edited:
Luck is gonna be needed.... But i have a cunning plan, actually two plans. One cautios and one bold. Off course the cautious plan imply that i somehow avoid the RN and then land enough troops in britain to defeat entrenched anglo american forces. I anticipate around 30 divisions, most likely in frozen terrain, with rivers, and overwelming air supremacy and naval bombardement. :rofl:

and thats not even the bold plan.... and trust me, that plan is a lot more prone to sudden, utter and complete destruction :rofl:

Looks like you are doing quite decent, the plan to eliminate the allied forces in France is a bit crazy, but still a very interesting way to do it.

Good luck!

Nice start gl for you! :)

hmmmm..... you guyes need to be better at wishing luck...

Game crashed upon trying to autosave game when the time passed to 1july. :( I'll try to recreate it perfectly, but it might not work...

Hmm..an German '44 AAR with a twist. While I have seen the Germans in these AAR throw the Allies into the sea, I don't recall the Germans pressing the attack into England. You will need lots of luck...and maybe some good rain boots.

In a world, where Germany '44 AARs are more common than Germany '36 AARs, one man stand up to say Britain first!

Nice! This looks very promising, if you succeed in taking out the British Mainland and drive the Allies out of Italy you should be able to totally turn this around.

Okay game crashed again, so now i play without autosave. Which could turn into a super big problem later on if im not careful.

Anyway, since i replayed the game there´s gonna be some minor modifications. Hope everyone is not too confused and can cope with the sudden redeployment of troops. And sorry if the the screenies are a bit too few. Just got really anoyed after second crash and decided to take it out on the americans :p

Here´s the major changes.
Eastern front:
Actually better :p
Luov and kowel are now firmly in german hands, and german troops are advancing into beltsy.

Western front:
Situations worse :(
First off the paratropper unit in paris got oblitarated due to enemy air. This is bad, really really bad since it removes one unit from the very crucial first landing attack on the british shores. Instead of having nine units ( 6 paras and 3 mountaniers from landing crafts ) i now have 8. Hopefully the change is too minute to affect the outcome of the battle. However i NEED to win that battle if i wanna crush britain, so the fate of the entire reich might depend on me having lost that para.... Or perhaps im just exaggerating... ;)
Other than that, the situation now looks like this.

ScreenShot070.jpg

Edit: Ohh year and just so you know, the game crashed again when i was trying to exit it. This might not be the worst place to crash, but still quite annoying.

@White Daimon:Well,it just makes me laugh when the game crashes when i try to exit.There's nothing annoying for me :D

3 :rofl:s for this AAR!!!
:rofl::rofl::rofl:
edit:and a :rolleyes:

Well, hope the crashes don't ruin it for you. Good luck!

Briefing the Führer I

Bormanns plane landed in Wolfsschanze at 2300 hours on the 27 June, and he quickly found the guest bunker where you would spend the night. The following day and its briefing would be critical, he would have to convince the fuhrer that the ostwall should be constructed as far to the west as it was. And not as Hitler wanted, as far east as possible. And hopefully hitler would not give him any "hold-at-all" cost orders, those were very costly in men and machinery.

12:00 27 june 1944
Commandbunker, Wolfsschanze
Eastern Prussia.

Hitler: Bormann, good that you have come. I hear grave news from the west.

Bormann: Yes, as you know. The british have landed and taken much of northwestern france. We have halted them, but they remain a threat.

Hitler: Yes yes. We should never have left them there. Thats why im giving the go ahead for operation Sea Lion

Bormann: WHAT?

Hitler: Yes.... I want you to make the necassary preparations. I want the british crushed, i never should have left them be. See i've drawn a plan.

Battleplan.jpg

Note to readers: This is where you pretend to be shocked by Hitlers unconventional plan, of which i have given no hints about :p

Bormann: but what about the english and americans on our soil....

Hitler: What does it say here...

Bormann: uhm.... German offensive?

Hitler: Yes, just follow the arrows and we'll have total vicory soon.

Bormann knew that asking more questions about the plan that involved troops marching acros the channel was stupid. Hitler had off course not even consicdered the poor state of german landing crafts. He opended his brief case to peer at a picture off the most modern.

Sealioncraft.jpg

Bormann (eager to change subject): On the eastern front however theres good news. The romanien sector is holding, and actually pushing forward. Beltsy should soon fall to german troops, however in the more northernly sectors...

Hitler: Yes, i hear you've been ordering retreats. That is not acceptabel, we need to hold the line and advance. Always forward.

Bormann: The russians are quite many, sir. We need to withdraw to hold a shorter stronger line.

Hitler pulls up battleplan again: Read this...

Bormann: "Unter mensh. No danger, no danger whatsoever"

Hitler: Glad you agree with me. Now this ostwall, i want it created. But inside russia! I really dont know why i drew that ostwall line so far to the west on the map, did i draw it? Bormann, have you made changes to my map??

Bormann: Hitler, you see the problem is shoes. Our soldiers are wearing black shoes, and the russians are wearing pink shoes. Thats the essense of the problem

Hitler: .......

Bormann: Yes, you see. Being stuck somewhere without shoe shops is quite demoralising for our troops. And espacially since they have black shoes, which is totally out of fashion. Everybody is mocking the soldiers, not to their face off course but they are. All of them.

Suddenly Eva Braun burst into the top secret conference room in the equally top secret super restricted area of the super restricted section of the command bunker, wearing black shoes.

Eva Braun: Wolfie, sweetie. I need shoes!!!

Hitler: You know, im quite in the middle of something.

Eva Braun: But these are hopelesly outdated, and black. And theres no shoe shops, i want new shoes.. People are mocking me... Behind my back, i dont like that. Wolfie, i need shoes. Pink shoes would be best, but at least not black. Black is such a dark color, fashion is not dark uknow.

Bormann silently slips out of the conference room to leave hitler to more domestic matters. The plan had worked, hitler had not given any direct orders. He was free to disobey what hitler wanted, since he had not said it. Overall a very succesful meeting.

Nathan Madien: Actually i'm hoping for total water proof boots. And possibly tanks, so my tanks and infantery can just walk across the channel. Where´s Jesus Christ when you need him? I really could use some walk on the water power right now.... Off course he might not approve of my purpose :rofl:

stabsoffizier: Hopefully i will. Im a bit concerned about the sovjet union, just creating a line and hope they wont breach it might be a bit... well not espacially clever....

KuzuX: On a side topic, i've owned Oblivion for a year now. And played it on a regular basis. However, i've never ever quit it. I click yes, exit. Are you sure it ask. I say yes, and it crash.... Always! I count 4 :rofl: What would it take to make it 5?

likk9922 Neither do i. So i´ll be saving a lot more often from now on, the problem is not restarting the game. It is to replay it, espacially when you´re trying to get the same results.

Remble: Just wait till Eva takes charge, then i'll be capturing cities based on their shopping values. Not to mention the "special" things that might be appering in the production que.... Not factories, but shoe factories :p

Oh, man! This is so funny! It's a known fact that Hitler was growing insane near the end of the war...but you really portray Hitler as one of the stooges! It's great! :rofl: And Eva! There is something to be said about a woman's sensibility.