• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Devongarian

Recruit
Mar 1, 2019
Hello,
I have a question and a suggestion.
My question is the following: will the current PC expansion come to console and if yes do you know when? My slight OCD really kicks out because of the border goreand that other empires expanding behind my border and my only option is to close said borders.
The suggestion is about the borders too. I closed the borders towards everyone in the gakaxy and locked down certain terrritory for myself with frontier stations. Later on I entered a federation. Nothing indicated that my borders are open to the other members, on the diplomacy menu it still looked like I have full closure towards everyone. After a short while one of the federation members quickly put two planets into the locked down territory. Quick check showed that every federation member could send ships through my space which still indicated to be locked towards them on the diplo screen.
Could you indicate it somehow that if you join to a federation, your locked borders will be open towards anyone in the federation please?

For what I know about the DLC there are 3 coming and a free multiplayer , what they will do after that has to be seen .
I think in May they will have a better over all view of the sales .

For what I know about the DLC there are 3 coming and a free multiplayer , what they will do after that has to be seen .
I think in May they will have a better over all view of the sales .
I hope that is not their criteria. I doubt they will have any real grasp of possible sales until the game is updated to 2.2. I've seen talk online about people waiting until it has parity with PC.

I hope that is not their criteria. I doubt they will have any real grasp of possible sales until the game is updated to 2.2. I've seen talk online about people waiting until it has parity with PC.
They have repeatedly stated that the sales performance will dictate how long and how much they support the console edition. If it does poorly why should or would they support it? Porting over years of content isn't free. They are in the business of making money after all.

They have repeatedly stated that the sales performance will dictate how long and how much they support the console edition. If it does poorly why should or would they support it? Porting over years of content isn't free. They are in the business of making money after all.
Paradox in corporation with Tantalus will have a better view in the month May than they will make a decision whether it is worth to continue or not .
In the beginning I had a good feeling that it would continue but for 1 or 2 reasons that I don't know it is changing and thinking they will not continue with more expansion .
If it would be like that it would be sad but ..och well we got Utopia .
Like you said in the end it is always the money that speaks and why shouldn't it be any difference with this company look at there prices for there DLC :confused: .

Last edited:
I hope the game is doing well as PD games do get better (at least with CK2) and add replayability with added content.

We do know we have support through summer 2019 from the dlc roadmap. MP update should help with interest and perhaps give us an idea how sucessful the game is by player volume in the MP servers?

Hopfully there is a strong interest for stellaris so we get lots of support and possibly more 4x game in the future

I hope the game is doing well as PD games do get better (at least with CK2) and add replayability with added content.

We do know we have support through summer 2019 from the dlc roadmap. MP update should help with interest and perhaps give us an idea how sucessful the game is by player volume in the MP servers?

Hopfully there is a strong interest for stellaris so we get lots of support and possibly more 4x game in the future
Do you think there will be many players who will play Stellaris online .
For ones I see this game more as a single player , I can be wrong thought and 90% of those who have the game play multiplayer .

Well, that's a terrible business model. "We are going to release a partial product. If it sells well, we'll give you the rest."

Well, that's a terrible business model. "We are going to release a partial product. If it sells well, we'll give you the rest."
I dont think its a terrible buisness more like the standard buisness model whether we like it or not.

Would I like 500$ worth of game for 75$? Sure, but why would they do that? They spend money to create a product and want to make a profit. We buy the product because we want it, and if we really like it we buy dlc, and in turn support PD and increase their profits.

But we all have a passion for games (developers included) and I know they would want us to enjoy the game. Yes the cost does add up but Ill support if I like the product.

Sorry, you are never going to convince me that any ported game or re-release shouldn't include all the DLC released up to that point. Everyone else does it.

Maybe they don't understand what is expected in a console release.

Sorry, you are never going to convince me that any ported game or re-release shouldn't include all the DLC released up to that point. Everyone else does it.

Maybe they don't understand what is expected in a console release.
I dont know any developer who will spend money making dlc and then say "lets give it away for free and go into debt"

I know CDPR gave away free cosmetic dlc but we did have to pay for the expansions. And thats another dev I supprt.

But If you spent a great deal of time and money on something would you give it away for free?

Dont forget they need to pay prgrammers, artists, accountants, rent, light bill, hell even some dude to sweep the floors and scrub the toilet at the end of the day.

Not trying to convince you but you need to see the whole picture. How will any company survive if they cant pay bills or their employees?

They started to make this port back in patch 1.7. I think we have all dlc up to patch 1.7? Not sure its even possible to have all dlc until we catch up to pc?
I love this game, but it's incomplete and feels like it.

The base price should have been $60 and included ALL of the DLC, even if it's not all out at launch. If that means you have to delay the release another 6 months, then do it.

Why wasn't Plantoids part of launch? Why are we waiting two months for the first "kinda" DLC and not even have a date yet for the first real DLC?

Why is stupid MP, something that should be "oh yeah, and this too, whatever", being counted as it's own release?

At the very least, we should be playing Leviathan right now and be expecting Utopia next month, with MP part of it. And if they couldn't do that, the game wasn't ready for release.

But that's just, like, my opinion.

I dont know any developer who will spend money making dlc and then say "lets give it away for free and go into debt"

I know CDPR gave away free cosmetic dlc but we did have to pay for the expansions. And thats another dev I supprt.

But If you spent a great deal of time and money on something would you give it away for free?

Dont forget they need to pay prgrammers, artists, accountants, rent, light bill, hell even some dude to sweep the floors and scrub the toilet at the end of the day.

Not trying to convince you but you need to see the whole picture. How will any company survive if they cant pay bills or their employees?
You must be a PC gamer. That's not meant to be derogatory, but PC gamers seem to have a much higher tolerance for being shafted.

Every time there is a delayed or timed release between consoles the DLC is part of the base price. I can't think of a single console-to-console game (at least one I cared enough about to pay attention to) that didn't do this.

Hello Games have been releasing consistent DLC for NMS for two years but haven't asked for one additional cent for the new content. They don't even have microtransactions.

It's just a shame. This is a brilliant port. One of the best I've seen between PC and console. But the console mentality is not to jump on ports until they are "complete". The people on this board are, effectively, early adopters. If they never drop all the DLC, they will never see this games full sales potential.

And if another DLC drops for PC before before the console catches up, they can kiss the rest of their potential sales goodbye.

I love this game, but it's incomplete and feels like it.

The base price should have been $60 and included ALL of the DLC, even if it's not all out at launch. If that means you have to delay the release another 6 months, then do it.

Why wasn't Plantoids part of launch? Why are we waiting two months for the first "kinda" DLC and not even have a date yet for the first real DLC?

Why is stupid MP, something that should be "oh yeah, and this too, whatever", being counted as it's own release?

At the very least, we should be playing Leviathan right now and be expecting Utopia next month, with MP part of it. And if they couldn't do that, the game wasn't ready for release.

But that's just, like, my opinion.
Your opinion does matter and its important to have these conversations. I dont pretend to know whats I am talking about as I dont work in the industry or own my own buisness, so you need to take my opinion with a grain of salt.

I wouldnt have bought plantoids had I not bought the delux edition. When I saw the price I lol'ed, just not for me. Expansions that add new game mechanics and other stuff, sure.

I dont know why they did the marketing the way they did, Im not privy on what goes behind closed doors but someone made that decsion. Maybe paradox can fill us in but I doubt they would.

About the MP Im not sure why It didnt drop day one, my guess is maybe they need to stress test? Work out kinks? Who knows? But at least we are getting it and not paying for it.

I guess I am looking at the reality of things that nothing is for free anymore sadly. If a company is sitting on a gold mine, why wouldnt they sell the gold? Would be dumb not too.

Your opinion does matter and its important to have these conversations. I dont pretend to know whats I am talking about as I dont work in the industry or own my own buisness, so you need to take my opinion with a grain of salt.

I wouldnt have bought plantoids had I not bought the delux edition. When I saw the price I lol'ed, just not for me. Expansions that add new game mechanics and other stuff, sure.

I dont know why they did the marketing the way they did, Im not privy on what goes behind closed doors but someone made that decsion. Maybe paradox can fill us in but I doubt they would.

About the MP Im not sure why It didnt drop day one, my guess is maybe they need to stress test? Work out kinks? Who knows? But at least we are getting it and not paying for it.

I guess I am looking at the reality of things that nothing is for free anymore sadly. If a company is sitting on a gold mine, why wouldnt they sell the gold? Would be dumb not too.
Also would be interested if you could even buy a completed version of stellaris on pc for base price? Im guessing we couldnt. If we had that on console the pc godlings would lose their minds! I shudder to think of the endless trolling that would happen if that was the case

Last edited:
You must be a PC gamer. That's not meant to be derogatory, but PC gamers seem to have a much higher tolerance for being shafted.

Every time there is a delayed or timed release between consoles the DLC is part of the base price. I can't think of a single console-to-console game (at least one I cared enough about to pay attention to) that didn't do this.

Hello Games have been releasing consistent DLC for NMS for two years but haven't asked for one additional cent for the new content. They don't even have microtransactions.

It's just a shame. This is a brilliant port. One of the best I've seen between PC and console. But the console mentality is not to jump on ports until they are "complete". The people on this board are, effectively, early adopters. If they never drop all the DLC, they will never see this games full sales potential.

And if another DLC drops for PC before before the console catches up, they can kiss the rest of their potential sales goodbye.
No insult taken. Nope not a pc gamer. I have a pc and a few games on it (ck2 being the only PD game) but almost only play ps4. Infact my pc is too old to handle this game and besides it just died on me :( I have been a console player since nintendo.

The prob with HG and NMS was that it was a complete disaster when it launced. The company prez lied about the product, showed false game play at E3 and really did sell a shell of what was promised. I preordered the game and was hyped about it. Sony even gave people their money back because the back lash was so high. It was a marketing/product flop.

My guess the dlc and updates are free because this was hw the game was supposed to be. And probably as a token of being sorry.

We could be critical about mp for stellaris, but we do know we will get it soon. Remember when HG said NMS would have MP? They said the universe was sooooo big you most likley would never see anyone. But the very 1st day during a live stream two friends did in fact find the same planet, same spot but couldnt see each other or see each others land terriformation. It really was a publicity disaster.

Last edited: