• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

DumBMan

Prince of Persia
6 Badges
May 17, 2011
  • 500k Club
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Europa Universalis IV
Hello guys, this is my first AAR using a mod freelancer 1.5. I have decided to write in narrative form, to be more like real life. My goal will be to unite all Khergits under one banner, and to rule them instead of Sanjar Khan. You can wish me good luck and hope I will fulfill my goal.
Just if you wanna know, I have started an aar at Taleworlds forum too. There, I am at chapter 9, so don't read if you don't want to spoil storyline. Well I hope you will like it
---------------

8J2SCuB.jpg

Table of Contents

Book I - Wolf of the Plain

Lone man
Chapter I - New Life
Chapter II - To the rescue
Soldier of Khergit Khanate
Chapter III - Soldier

''You are exiled!'' - yelled Ogadai, Chief of Wolf tribe. ''You killed a fellow Wolf, murderer!''

Bold was standing in front of Ogadai, with his look targeting the ground. He tallied his fists.

''Your family will be exiled as well!''

Bold raised his look, confused. That was not the tradition. If a man is exiled, his family remains in tribe. ''That's not the tradition!''

''Times are changing. Your family is cursed by our tribe. Your father was a good leader. But he is dead! His family has place no longer in our tribe. Leave!''

Bold was angry. He wanted to kill Ogadai, he saw him smiling after Basan died. ''You wanted all this?''

He could see anger on Ogadai's face after he asked a question ''Your last chance! Leave or die!''

Bold's mother Borte showed him to leave, and they left, accused to live a life of tribeless nomads.

Author's notes:

Firstly, I hope you like my introduction. I will probably post first chapter tommorow, so I'm done for today.
Cheers..

Last edited:
Chapter I - New Life

Bold was hiding on a tree watching three men entering his camp. His mother and two younger brothers Kasar and Temudjin have hidden deep in forest. Three men were from Wolf tribe. Bold could recognize one. Behter, Ogadai's eldest son, only two years older than him. In his left hand he held an bow, and was preparing an arrow. He must kill them before they realise where is he. He must save his family. For five years, he was hiding, living life of tribeless nomad. His father would not tolerate this, so he.

First arrow was shot. It hit first warrior in chest, but this man could still stand on his feet. Behter was looking left 'n' right, on every tree he could see, but still didn't found Bold.

Second arrow was shot. It was flying towards Behter, but he saw it on time and dodged it.

Damn it, Bold thought. No more failures. He took another arrow quiver at his back. He strained tendon to his ear and fired, shooting Behter at lower leg.

''Find him!'' - yelled Behter ''If you find him, kill him at all cost....'' - he was interrupted by Bold's arrow thrusting into his neck. He tried to said something, but blood was flowing out of his mouth. He made step back and fell to the ground.

''No.''- one warrior said. ''What should we do now? Master Ogadai would kill us when he finds out.''

''Not before Bold kills us first.''

Another are flew through air, shooting warrior in chest.

''For sake of Tribe, second arrow hitted me!'' - he yelled falling on ground.

Remaining warrior drawned sword from it's sheath. ''Where are you? Show yourself!

After few moments, he saw a tall figure jumping of the tree. ''Here I am. Come on, let's finish this!'' - Bold said and started running towards warrior, holding only knife in his hand. Warrior smiled and swing his sword. Bold jumped in left, dodging the attack, and stabbed knife right into warrior's back.
Warrior yelled and swing his sword many times, but every swing could miss Bold. ''You are slow'' - Bold said and made two steps toward warrior slicing his throat with a knife. Warrior put his left hand on throat, while he dropped sword from his right hand. Bold took his sword and pierced him through chest. Man fell on ground, dead.

Someone smiled behind Bold. When he turned, he saw warrior with two arrows stuck at his chest. ''You will not live, O'Ginn. Ogadai will find you. '' - he smiled and died.

Bold smiled and returned to his family.

''Bold!'' - Borte yelled after seeing her son is alive. He ran towards him and hugged him. ''Are you allright, son?''

Bold nodded ''I killed them. I proved them O'Ginn will not fall that easy. Ogadai's son is dead. We have to leave. I found some denars in their purses, nearly two hundreds. That will be enough to rent rooms at inn in Tulga. We better go. They came with horses. You should ride, as well as Kasar and Temudjin. I'll walk. We can make it to Tulga before dusk. We should better travel fast. Number of bandits in this area has increased.''

Borte smiled ''You are much like your father, Bold. He would be proud of you. You would be good khan.''

''I will be Khan mother. I will unite Khergits under my banner, mother. Sanjar Khan may lead them in war, but still, Khanate is on the verge of collapse. Swadians from west, Vaegirs from north, and Sarranids from south. I will unite Khergits under one banner, and I shall put fear in heart of non-Khergits. I shall unite the great Calradian Empire.''

Borte was looking at him, with worry on her face. ''I don't think it is possible, son. Empire was united only two times. And it collapsed soon after. I don't think it is possible even now.''

Bold smiled ''It is mother, it is.''

Chapter II - To the rescue

The sun had set before some two hours and Bold was in his room, looking through window to streets of Tulga. He was thinking about his past.

''You are going to kill me, huh?'' - Iluch yelled while holding sword in his hand. Bold nodded and started running towards him. Iluch was surprised by his act and raised sword to protect himself, but Bold easily breached his defense and cutted his chest. Iluch made two steps back and prepared to defend himself of another Bold's attack.
Bold was taught swordsmanship by his father, Yesugei, Khan of Wolf tribe. Two of them would practice every day, until Bold would be dead tired. Every two days, they were going to hunt marmots in steppe around their habitat. At hunting, Bold became good archer, which was proved to be useful of him after exile.

''I thought you were better swordsman.'' - Bold provoked Iluch. ''You dissapointed me.''

Iluch was older one year than Bold. He was Bold's childhood friend. Bold decided to kill him after he in discrete raped Bold's future wife with his brothers. She died after that. ''I'll avenge her.'' - Bold said and charged towards Iluch, kicking him in stomach, knocking him on ground. He looked at him from the high.

''You will not kill me. You will be exiled!'' - yelled Iluch.

Suddenly, in Bold's head, picture of Eluin appeared. She was crying, with Iluch behind her smiling. ''I cannot forgive you.'' - he said and pierced Iluch through chest.

Iluch yelled, tears in his eyes. His brothers approached him, looking at Bold with hate. There was four of them. The eldest one, Kirkatai, drew his sword out of it's sheath and attacked Bold, who defended himself with ease and cutted Kirkatai's throat. He fell on ground next to his brother.
Immedietly, mass gathered around them to watch the fight. Bold was during this fight thinking about Eluin, and about his father, who died by hand of one man he didn't knew. Ogadai soonafter approached them, his eyes widened. ''What have you done?''

Bold winced when he felt hand at his shoulder. He turned and saw Borte. Suddenly, he started crying and Borte hugged him.

''She died by Iluch's hand!'' - he yelled while Borte stroked his head.

''Don't worry.'' - she said ''Everything will be good.''

When he stopped sobbing, he went out of inn on Tulga's streets. He was alone. Bold raised his look at moon, which was high on sky. Midnight just passed. Suddenly, he heard noise some twenty paces behind him. He rapidly turned seeing a man carrying a sword running towards him.
Where did he come from?, Bold thought and realised that stranger is swinging his sword towards him. It was clear that a stranger was inexperienced with sword, so he used stranger's slow speed and dodged attack. When man missed, Bold used a moment and striked man with elbow right in cheek. Man staggered two paces back, while Bold kicked in chest, knocking him on ground. Before stranger realised what happenned, Bold took his sword and put him on man's throat.

''Who are you?'' - Bold said, anger on his face.

''I didn't expected that, I must admit.'' - man explained ''You are better than I thought.''

''Answer me!'' - Bold bursted ''Or I'll kill you!''

Man smiled ''Nothing will change when you learn my name, young one.''

Bold rolled his eyes and pressed blade on man's throat harder. Small rills of blood were flowing down his neck. ''Your last chance!'' As man didn't answered, Bold hesitated. In the end, he let him go.

''I'm confused, why did you let me go?'' - man asked.

Bold didn't answered and turned to go away. Using the moment, man drew knife from his belt and attacked Bold. He heard his steps and turned, piercing man's throat. ''You are attacking from behind, huh?''

When Bold drew sword out of stranger's throat, he dropped the sword. Strange... If he is bandit, he probably thought I have purse of money with me.. but if he is not. Really strange.
Man's dead body fell on dirty ground. Soon afterwards, flies gathered around it.

Bold heard doors open behind him. He rapidly turned and saw another man approaching him. He sighed when he saw a man is unarmed. Approaching man stopped some five paces in front of him, proably aware of Bold's skill. For few moments, they were looking at each other, quetly. Then stranger looked at dead body, and at Bold. ''You are skilled, I saw the fight.'' - he finally said.

Bold was just looking at him ''Who are you?''

Man smiled and looked again at dead body ''I am just ordinary merchant, warrior. You can call me Cahal Bilguun.''

Bold was aware of this man. Who knows, he may have knife hidden under his coat. ''I am Bold.''

''Just Bold?''

He nodded. Why should he reveal his surname to this man. Who knows, maybe he knows who is Bold O'Ginn, exiled Wolf. That better stay in secret.

''Well, just Bold, are you interested to do me some favor?''

That was strange. He just met this man and he is already asking for a favor. ''What favor?''

Cahal smiled ''I need a men like you. My brother is kidnapped by bandits. I need some brave hearts to rescue him.''

''Is there a reward?''

Cahal smiled again ''Of course there is. You will get two hundred denars.''

Two hundred denars?, Bold thought. With that money, he could feed his family for two months. ''All right. I accept.''

''In the morning, they will be waiting for a ransom at castle gates. Also, you will get five men to fight alongside you. Show those bastards what you can do, but don't kill them all. Spare one or two and learn location of their hideout.''

Bold nodded and went to his room. He will need to rest, a big job awaits him in morning.

''There they are.'' - one of Bold's companions said, showing with finger at four men, just outside ot Tulga. ''They wait for a ransom.''

''Then let's give them a ransom.'' - Bold said and started walking towards robbers.

One of robbers whispered something in ear of one man, obviously their leader. That man also had best equipment, good leather armor, a sword and knifes, throwing ones. ''You bring the ransom?'' - he said to approaching Bold and his companions.

Bold nodded ''Yes, I did.'' - that's all he said after he attacked robbers. All of them widened their eyes after they realised they are attacked. Bold killed one before he realised to dodge attack. Bold's companions killed remaining two, sparing only one. He fell on his knees, praying for his life.
''Please spare me, my good gentlemen. I will be bandit no longer. I will help poor people, I'll give them money I stole...''

''Shut up!'' - Bold bursted ''Where is your hideout. Tell me, and I will spare you.''

Bandit sighed ''Oh thank you, my good lord. Thank you... Great Father bless you...''

''Answer him!'' - one of Bold's men said. Bold smiled.

''Of course, my gentlemen. Of course. It is near village of Dusturil, at the foot of mountain. Go into forest and follow the rill until you come to the big rock. Behind that rock is the entrance to the cave. In the cave, you will find everything you search for.''

Bold nodded ''Go...''

''Oh thank you, my lord, thank you..''

''Go before I change my mind!'' - Bold bursted.

When bandit stood up, he started running away, fastest he could. ''We will arrive at Dusturil at noon. We should better hurry, we don't have time to spare. This man could betray us.'' - one of companions said.

Bold nodded and they went to Dusturil. When they arrived at village, they bought loaf of bread. They haven't ate breakfast. When they finished eating, they managed to travel to nearby forest, at foot of mountain. By bandit's instructions, they followed small rill until they reached a big rock. They were sneaking all the time, expecting the ambush by the bandits. Next to rock, Bold saw a man armed with pitchfork and a sword. That was probably a sentry. Bold carefully sneaked and cutted his throat from behind. He waved his hand, showing his men to come. They got into the cave, where they heard laugh and singing. When Bold peered, he saw drunk bandits, about twenty of them, singing and smiling, while a small figure was lying in shadow, tied up. That was probably Cahal's brother.

''We have to surprise them.'' - Bold whispered ''Even if they are drunk, they can still kill us. We count six men, while there is twenty of them.''

Companions nodded and one said ''We can sneak through the shadow.'' - he said pointing his finger to part of cave that torch haven't enlighten. Bold nodded saying ''Good point. Let's go now.''

They sneaked through the shadow carefully, making no noise. Hiding at shadow, Bold reached merchant's brother, cutting the ropes with dagger. Boy widened his eyes when he realies he is being rescued.

''Follow the shadow and go to those men.'' - Bold said pointing his finger to companions. Boy nodded ''Thank you, sir.'' and approached companions. One of companions looked at Bold and nodded. Bold nodded him in response and they rushed towards bandits. At first, bandits were surprised and before they realised what is happenning, more than half of them died. Remaining ones barely drew out their weapons when Bold and his men killed them. Cave was full of dead bodies, but only bandits. Suddenly, compaions smiled ''We did it.'' - one of them said.
''I didn't expected this would be so easy.'' - said another. ''Let's go home.''

Bold nodded and came to boy ''Are you all right?''

Boy nodded ''Thank you sir, for saving me. Thank you so much. Those rascals have finally paid their price.''

Bold smiled and put his hand on boy's shoulder ''Let's go home.''

At dusk, they arrived at Tulga. Merchant was obviously happy to see his brother alive, as he hugged him. ''Thank you, Bold.''

''No need for that. Family is at first place.''

Cahal handed a purse with denars to Bold ''Here is your reward, just Bold.'' and smiled, as well as Bold.

Author's notes:

Firstly, I hope you like chapter II. Sorry if it's too long for 2 days ingame. But I hope you like it...

Nikolai II: Thank you, man. Next chapters are better, at least I think so. Also there will be many off-gameplay chapters as this is narrative style, and not every chapter will be focused on main character. I want to make this look more like a book :)

You can expect next chapter tommorow

I hope you will like this chapter, although it is a lot shorter than previous one... :)

Chapter III - Soldier

Money that he earned, Bold spent in nearly three months. Again, he was struggling to survive and to secure survival for his family. He did all jobs he could find, carrying water, helping build what can be built. By one chance, he rode to Dusturil and helped expand granary. He earned poor twenty denars. He was worried. Kasar was sick. He was burning with fewer. Temudjin barely earned ten denars in a month and Borte was taking care of Kasar, who was sick already for half a month. He said head hurts him a lot, that he cannot think. He didn't ate enough. Bold warned him that if he wants to be healthy again, he has to eat healthy food, though they didn't had any healthy food but some fruit, and little bit of bread. They drank salty tea and water. Once, while living with Wolf, they were drinking black brandy, what Khergits drank most.

They barely managed to pay their rooms. Borte somehow persuaded innkeeper Jamuha to lower prices of their rooms. But still, they could earn money to pay the rooms. Bold would ride to nearby forest in search for marmot’s lair, but couldn’t find it. He desperately needed money, when rumor spread in Tulga that Ulusumai Noyan searchs for recruits for upcoming war with Sarranids.

Wage will be 5 denars a week. If he gets promoted, he will get 10 every week. That was enough for them to pay rooms and buy food. Ulusamai’s men were in town, at square. One of them was sitting at the table writing names of recruits.

‘’Mother, that’s only way if we want to survive.’’ – Bold tried to persuade his mother, who shook her head.

‘’You will die, Bold. I cannot let you go.’’

Bold smiled and said ‘’No, I won’t. Father taught me not to be a warrior for nothing. I am good swordsman and archer. I will survive.’’

That was all what Bold said when he left the inn. Sick Kasar was looking at him through window of his room. Bold caught his look and smiled. He approached Recruiter and saw five men around him, well armed, wearing chainmail.
Renowned Lancers, Bold thought. He was imaginating himself in battle, leading big army and crushing his foes. Every nation was afraid of him.

‘’Hey you.’’ – soldier said when Bold realised he was daydreaming. ‘’What is your name?’’

‘’Bold, sir.’’

‘’Just Bold?’’ – soldier asked.

Bold nodded.
‘’How old are you?’’ – he asked again.

‘’I’m nineteen.’’

‘’Where are you from?’’

‘’From Tulga. I was raised here.’’

‘’Well, then. Sign this’’

Man gave Bold a parchment and feather to sign. Bold signed simply Bold and number of nineteen, marking his age.

Soldier nodded. ‘’Go into the camp outside the town. There you will receive your equipment and training.’’

Bold nodded ‘’Thank you, sir.’’ , and left him. It took him awhile to get out of Tulga. It was big town, biggest in whole Khanate. Population counted nearly ten thousands.
When he finally got out of Tulga, he saw a lot of brown and grey tents. That was camp of Ulusamai Noyan, with eight thousands men within. When he approached first tent, two man blocked his way. ‘’Who are you?’’

‘’My name is Bold. I just got accepted into the army. Recruiter gave me instructions to come here and take my equipment.’’

Soldiers started laughing ‘’New recruit! Look at that! You are first to come. And I thought men of Tulga are cowards.’’

‘’Not really.’’ – Bold simply answered and entered the camp when soldiers made his way.

As Bold saw, most of camp was unorganized. His father told him that too. Khergits had no organization. They had no tactic in battle. Just hit and run… That made Bold think about what would he do about it. Finding Quartermaster was pretty hard. He got lost several times. Bold saw a man sitting at campfire, old man. He came to him.

‘’Excuse me, sir.’’ – Bold said after man caught his look ‘’Do you know where is Quartermaster.’’

Man smiled and stood up ‘’You are new, huh?’’
Bold nodded.
‘’I will tell you when I see your skill with sword first.’’
Bold frowned and said ‘’All right. I accept.’’

Old man drew sword out of it’s sheath and charged at Bold, who raised his sword and successfully blocked his attack. Man attacked him again, this time he swung his sword by right side in perfect circle. Bold crouched, dodging the attack and tried to stab old man, who moved his upper body in left, and kicked Bold in head, knocking him on the ground. Bold spat blood while lying on the ground.
He rapidly stood up and took offensive stance. This time, I attack, Bold thought and started running towards old man. He swung his sword left and right, up and down, but could not break old man’s defence. Old man dealt a kick to Bold in stomach out of turn, knocking him on ground again. This time, Bold barely managed to stand up.

‘’Your yellow eyes, youngster. What is your name?’’ – man asked.

Bold frowned ‘’Why do you care?’’

‘’Because only one man had these eyes.’’

‘’And who is that man?’’
‘’Yesugei O’Ginn.’’

Bold widened his eyes ‘’How did you knew? Who are you?’’

Man smiled ‘’Have you heard story about Kushi the Exile, former Wolf.’’

‘’Yes, I heard. He was soldier of my father, but I cannot remember his…..’’
Bloody Heavens, I revealed too much!

’’Of your father?’’ – man looked at Bold, still smiling ‘’Well Bold, I see you survived after being exiled.’’

‘’Who are you? Answer me!’’

Man started laughing ‘’I am Kushi of Wolves, Bold O’Ginn.’’

Bold widened his eyes ‘’What?’’

It was too strange for Bold to meet him. For the first time, he felt fear, although he was afraid after exile, he was never scared as now. While living with Wolves, he learnt that Kushi is exiled for killing nearly fifty Wolves, which justifies his triuph over Bold when they fought.

Can I trust him?, Bold thought. I don’t know, I really don’t know.

Chapter IV - Clash at Asugan Castle

For the past four days, army has marched towards Asugan Castle, which was besieged by notorious Emir Amdar. For Bold and other recruits, marching was hard. They traveled on foot, about four thousands of them, while rest of army, some seventy thousands of combined forces, led by Tansugai Noyan, rode on horses. But of most recruits, Bold was most skilled and durable, he could travel with ease for some time. They were rarely stoping anywhere. Bold ate while walking.

At the end of march, they arrived ad Asugan Castle. When Emir's scouts reported about upcoming army, Emir soon afterwards broke his camp and ordered retreat. But Sarranids were too slow for Khergit's horsemen, who encountered them at plain which was ending by Great Sarranid desert.

Five thousands Sarranids were surrounded in steppe. Tansugai Noyan was at head of the Khergit army. He drew sword out of it's sheath and ordered the charge. Khergits soon after passed to gallop. Bold was amazed. He never saw that many horsemen charging before. When he and rest of recruits arrived at battlefield running, they saw a lot of dead bodies of Sarranids, as well as Khergits. Bold charged at infantry. Before one Sarranid could see Bold, young Wolf pierced him. Another two Sarranids wearing leather armor attacked Bold, but he easily dodged their attacks and killed them.

In front of Bold, some twenty paces, he saw Sarranid in good chainmail, killing Khergits with scimitar. His father once showed him a drawing of the same Sarranid. At top of drawing was written ''Sarranid Mamluke''. Mamluke saw him and charged with his horse. Hi swung his sword, but Bold crouched, dodging the attack. Mamluke turned his horse and charged again, this time much faster. Bold raised his shield when he realised he couldn't dodge attack at time, when Mamluke swung his scimitar much stronger than before. Shield was almost cut in two, especially in middle. Scimitar somehow passed through shield and cutted Bold's hand a little. Bold's shield was useless now. When Bold turned, he saw Mamluke charging again. Bold smiled, remmembering how his father told him stories about how he rode against Swadians at Battle of Dhirim in 1251.

Mamluke charged at him, deadlier than ever. He was holding sword in right hand, Bold was at horse's right side. When Mamluk swung his swordm Bold quickly used this and moved to the horse's left side. Bold saw how Mamluk through his helm widened his eyes, and quickly stabbed his sword to Mamluk's side, under his metal shield. Sarranid fell from his horse. Blood was flowing from his wound, where Bold's sword pierced chainmail. Bold looked at him from high, when Sarranid took of his helm. He started smiling, what confused Bold a lot.

''Those eyes.'' - he said ''Are you....'' - he couldn't finish his words. He died.

Why is everyone mentioning my eyes. First Kushi, then this Mamluke., Bold thought. Was his father that renowned. He didn't said anything, but old stories of some of his battles.
When Bold raised his look, he saw battle's end is drawing near. Khergits pierced Sarranids with their spears and arrows. Few heartbeats later, he saw Kushi fighting with five Sarranids, killing them with ease. When Kushi saw him, he waved him. Bold frowned in reply. Why is he waving me?

For the rest of the night, Khergits were celebrating a victory over Sarranids, although they shouldn't celebrate a victory 70000 VS 5000. Ulusamai Noyan came to Bold, holding paunch of black brandy.

''You are Bold?'' - he asked him.

Bold nodded ''Yes I am, my lord.''

Ulusamai started laughing ''Many saw how you fought and killed that Mamluke. He killed more than fifty Khergits you know. That was Yusuf ibn Allah-di. He was notorious Mamluke. Old warrior, but still one of most skilled and renowned in Sultanute of Sarranids.''

Bold nodded ''I just used ordinary tactic. It was quite easy actually.''

Ulusamai smiled ''Where did you learned to fight like that. I saw you killing other Sarranids as well. How many have you broken down? Ten, twenty? Maybe more?''

Bold looked at his lord ''I am sorry, my lord. Maybe I am good at stealing other lives, but everytime I kill someone, I can hear his screams inside me. It troubles me every night. Every time I sleep, I see faces of men I killed.++

''I see... Sometimes I feel that too.'' - Ulusamai said ''But nevermind now. Let's go and celebrate.''

For a few moments, Bold was just standing looking at floor and drinking black brandy. Battle against Sarranids was his first big battle. He felt like he wanted more of that. He wanted more. He was born to do this. He was O'Ginn

Author's notes:

As you can see, I have fought Sarranids near Asugan castle. In the next chapter, I will reveal something from Kushi's life. I hope you like this, and I hope you will continue reading