• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Wenceslaus II.

Moravian Scribe
109 Badges
Apr 19, 2017
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Heir to the Throne
  • March of the Eagles
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Magicka
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Prison Architect
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Shouldn't Hradiste be Hradište (or rather Hradiště but the game doesn't support "ě". It does support "š", however).

Shouldn't Hradiste be Hradište (or rather Hradiště but the game doesn't support "ě". It does support "š", however).
That looks worse imo.

This looks so bad...

I have seen the map update for Bohemia in the Three Hurrahs for Germany DD, and there were many issues with it, So here's a suggestion using the same number of provinces.
I'll also @Rhipeen as I believe he had some similar observations.
View attachment 549647

This would be such a good improvement.

One last addition to this and 1.30 would be a tag for the free city of Eger/Cheb.

Worse or not, you should use diacritics whenever possible. And not using them would create inconsistencies.
Wait, no. The other way around. Using them in some places, but not in others would be inconsistent.

Wait, no. The other way around. Using them in some places, but not in others would be inconsistent.
Not when compared to other provinces around the world in the game. And you don't even have to look far. Just look at Poland, Hungary or Romania.

Wow, aside from this helpful note, do you have anything else to say? Some elaboration, perhaps?

Yes, I have something more to say. Don't repair what isn't broken.

Yes, I have something more to say. Don't repair what isn't broken.
Isn't broken? You can't be serious.
Please explain what makes you think there should be Ostrava on a 15th to 18th century map, being an administrative center of lands, it has nothing to do with whatsoever.

Last edited:
Basically you would sacrifice an eastern Bohemian province for a northwestern one. I've got two objections:
-Chrudim is too big now, and in reality it's roughly as far from Austria as Prague. Southern third of this province should go to Brünn.
-Hradiste/Ostrava should not extend south to Wien. It's better if Brünn shares a border with Hungary, then if Ostrava (which is still find more appealing) shares with Wien.

I preferred this version (without Prachen), Moravia is perfect here:
eu4_65.png

(https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/pravda-vítězí-the-grand™-bohemia-thread-dhes-hussites-and-more.1100132/)

Or this, regarding Bohemia and Moravia:
Zem%C4%9B_Koruny_%C4%8Desk%C3%A9.png

(https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/plea-for-east-bohemia-province-fix.1194886/)

It would be cool to see one more province for Bohemia to Erzgebirge, but not for the price of a messed eastern part.
I'd prefer to leave it as it is, until we can get Znojmo and a province to the northwest, probably Zatec.
But hope for Cheb to be drawn smaller.

Basically you would sacrifice an eastern Bohemian province for a northwestern one. I've got two objections:
What's wrong with that? Northern Bohemia is the most densely populated part of Bohemia and always has been.
Chrudim is too big now, and in reality it's roughly as far from Austria as Prague. Southern third of this province should go to Brünn.
Chrusim is this large to simulate the Bohemian-Moravian highlands, which was for a long time an obstacle to movement between the two lands.
Hradiste/Ostrava should not extend south to Wien. It's better if Brünn shares a border with Hungary
It's literally called Uherské Hradiště (Hungarian Stronghold) it has the same purpose as Chrudim.
Ostrava (which is still find more appealing
Please explain, I really don't understand this sentiment. Ostrava rose to prominence in the last 40 years of the game(which hardly any players get to anyway). I don't see, why it should be represented over Hradiště, which was an actual administrative center for most of the time period.
That's a great thread, but the map has too many provinces.
Or this, regarding Bohemia and Moravia:
That looks like what I suggested, except that Žatecko is traded for Boleslavsko and Znojemsko is added.
It would be cool to see one more province for Bohemia to Erzgebirge, but not for the price of a messed eastern part.
I mean the eastern part was way less populated than the northern part (and is to this day).

What's wrong with that? Northern Bohemia is the most densely populated part of Bohemia and always has been.

As I told I'm fine with the density growth in the north, but I'm not fine with that Chrudim.

Chrusim is this large to simulate the Bohemian-Moravian highlands, which was for a long time an obstacle to movement between the two lands.

Yet the mentioned part was actually part of Moravia, so should rather be part of Brünn (which in turn could have it as a new province in the future, Znojmsko), then this Chrudim.

It's literally called Uherské Hradiště (Hungarian Stronghold) it has the same purpose as Chrudim.

I'm aware, but it's not correct. Moving from Pozsony to Brünn is not restricted by mountains.
The part in question is actually one of the lowest points in the country:
Czech-physical-map.gif

Please explain, I really don't understand this sentiment. Ostrava rose to prominence in the last 40 years of the game(which hardly any players get to anyway). I don't see, why it should be represented over Hradiště, which was an actual administrative center for most of the time period.

At least Ostrava rose to prominence. In Central Europe it was quite common for the administrative center not to be the economical center, just the seat of some nobles.
I'm fine if Bohemia owns the province it's called Hradiste, but as Austria Ostrava just feels right.

That's a great thread, but the map has too many provinces.

I see your point, it's unlikely the devs would add some province to Bohemia now (they added Prignitz like a month ago though), so you just wanna see corrections.
But I think your mending of a wound would create an other, with that awful Chrudim.
I think if Bohemia would get those two provinces, it would be as close to perfect as I can imagine, but until that the current setup seems like a working compromise.

As I told I'm fine with the density growth in the north, but I'm not fine with that Chrudim
I suppose we won't be able to agree on that.
Yet the mentioned part was actually part of Moravia, so should rather be part of Brünn (which in turn could have it as a new province in the future, Znojmsko), then this Chrudim
I don't what you mean by that, the map I posted comes from the 1.29.5 setup, I have not interfered with the Bohemian - Moravian border.
which in turn could have it as a new province in the future, Znojmsko
What future? This is clearly the last patch, even if there's one or two afterwards, they're definitely not focusing on Europe, let alone Bohemia.
I'm aware, but it's not correct. Moving from Pozsony to Brünn is not restricted by mountains.
The part in question is actually one of the lowest points in the country:
Fine, after some thought, I'll give you this.
At least Ostrava rose to prominence. In Central Europe it was quite common for the administrative center not to be the economical center, just the seat of some nobles.
I'm fine if Bohemia owns the province it's called Hradiste, but as Austria Ostrava just feels right.
It most certainly was not an economic centre for that part of the country though.
Maybe, there could be an event, once the industrial revolution hits, that would change the name.
I see your point, it's unlikely the devs would add some province to Bohemia now
Not now, not ever. This is the final setup we're discussing.
awful Chrudim
I don't see what's wrong with it. It looks fine to me.

I don't see what's wrong with it. It looks fine to me.

I meant that province you basically switched for Chrudim. I think like this the province is too southern to represent Chrudim. If you would stick to your proposal as it is, I'd suggest changing Chrudim to Jihlava or Trebic or something.

I think all we can hope is there will be some more map updates for Europe even after the patch, with the possible augmentation of Bohemian province list.
I think if it was the last time, they wouldn't leave out so much often cited provinces (like in France).

I meant that province you basically switched for Chrudim. I think like this the province is too southern to represent Chrudim. If you would stick to your proposal as it is, I'd suggest changing Chrudim to Jihlava or Trebic or something.
How about Vysočina?

Corresponds pretty well to the region in question, but I don't know how historic it is, being a present administrative unit.

Corresponds pretty well to the region in question, but I don't know how historic it is, being a present administrative unit.
It literally means Highlands. I don't think it'd be historically inaccurate to call it that.