• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This might help:

Reactions:
You don't need a code, just select from the drop down menu
Doesn't work for me!

I tried Beta'ing to 1.10.8 using Steam. Game wont load. It shows a black screen, then white screen, then an error pop-up saying it's crashed.

I have:
-Disabled every mod
-Disabled every DLC
-Verified Integrity of Game Files via Steam
-Verified Integrity of Game Files Manually
-Run as Administrator

Nothing works. The Rollback code PI has rolls all the way back to 1.5.3/4. Thats too far, I just want to play 1.10.8

Edit: Tried playing with 1.5.3 rollback code offered by Paradox. Same issue as above.

Last edited:
Doesn't work for me!

I tried Beta'ing to 1.10.8 using Steam. Game wont load. It shows a black screen, then white screen, then an error pop-up saying it's crashed.

I have:
-Disabled every mod
-Disabled every DLC
-Verified Integrity of Game Files via Steam
-Verified Integrity of Game Files Manually
-Run as Administrator

Nothing works. The Rollback code PI has rolls all the way back to 1.5.3/4. Thats too far, I just want to play 1.10.8

Edit: Tried playing with 1.5.3 rollback code offered by Paradox. Same issue as above.
@CBBox

Try disabling the playsets in the Paradox launcher. Please reference post 28671836.

Also try switching from DirectX11 to DirectX9 per post 1544941.

@CBBox

Try disabling the playsets in the Paradox launcher. Please reference post 28671836.

Also try switching from DirectX11 to DirectX9 per post 1544941.
1: Yes, all mods/playsets are already disabled. double checked that first thing.

2: DirectX doesn't show up as an option for me in the launcher, just this:

Attachments

• Screenshot (27).png
    Screenshot (27).png
    196,1 KB · Views: 0
You might want to try to "Verify integrity of game files..."

Mine looks like this:
Screenshot 2022-12-12 043316.png

So unless you are playing on an unusual system, the might be a problem with either the game or the launcher.

Reactions:
You might want to try to "Verify integrity of game files..."

Mine looks like this:View attachment 926503
So unless you are playing on an unusual system, the might be a problem with either the game or the launcher.
SOLVED

It wasn't a file integrity issue, it was an issue with my graphics driver.
I updated my graphics driver and optimized my settings via my GeForce app and the game starts up fine.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Glad you worked it out @CBBox but please next time start a new thread rather than necro'ing an old one.

Status
Not open for further replies.