• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TLRoff

Captain
5 Badges
Sep 13, 2018
  • BATTLETECH
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Crusader Kings II
Surprised no one posted here!

Battletech Revised has been released on Nexus and is now availible.. We've all been too busy with a two day release party for anyone to remember to post HERE!

We are sorry!

Main thing to keep in mind.. this is not a cheeze mod.. all most all mechs have their very own custom quirk, the AI fights smarter, and you can loose!

One of the primary thrusts of this mod was to give the AI a better shot at ruining your day.. SO have fun but don't get cocky! :)

• 4Like
Reactions:
Don Zappo has updated the mod on Nexus... we are still bug patching...your save games are compatible with the upgrade so be not afraid to update.

After installing the update over the top of the old install be certain to delete the \.modtek folder before running battletech again to re-initialize the mod with the update.

..note DOT modtek should be the lead folder in the mod folder. when sorted by name.

Another issue has come up and we have a work around. If there is an endless load, just alt-f4 out and restart the game you can pick up right where you left off. This us usually an issue with not running the latest CAB but not always. Were trying to figure out why this is happening and will eventually figure it out. It is also recommended that player restart the game after 2 to 3 hours of play as various artifacts of the game don't clear from RAM when no longer needed. You restart every few hours to reinitialize RAM use to avoid an inconvenient game crash. It also keeps the game operating fast as it will start to bog down over time. Pretty sure its a bug that only HBS can fix. Sorry folks! That ones not ours!

I will post here for additional updates so you'll know when to grab the latest version if you don't have nexus notifying you of updates..

I run BT on a Mac so I don't use ModTek and I can't run .exe files. Is there a way I can play BattleTech Revised.

Unfortunately modtek is required for many of frameworks BTR is built upon. Wine can be used to run the modtek one injector and run the cab installer

WINE is not supported under the current Mac OS Catalina (10.15.5).

It's unfortunate that Apple has chosen to remove 32 bit support and limit consumer choice, but I'm not sure there is much modders can do about it.

It's unfortunate that Apple has chosen to remove 32 bit support and limit consumer choice, but I'm not sure there is much modders can do about it.

I'm sure it's rather naive, but I was optimistic when HBS built-in the Mod loader that I would be able to run many of the popular mods. However, in practice, that has not been the case. Is there some serious implementation problems with the HBS Mod loader?

I'm sure it's rather naive, but I was optimistic when HBS built-in the Mod loader that I would be able to run many of the popular mods. However, in practice, that has not been the case. Is there some serious implementation problems with the HBS Mod loader?

There are a few issues with the built in modloader.

1. It cannot modify dlc assets (mechs, weapons, etc...) or at least as easily as modtek can.
2. there are timing issues as the modloader loads mods later into the game's startup than modtek, this causes issues for mods that need to modify some deep areas of the game as those objects are already initialized
3. Modtek offers additional features the modloader does not (mainly since we have free control over the source the community can add things when they need it)

HBS did include the concept of a system mod into the mod loader that in theory could be used to mod the modloader itself and potentially address the above issues but with modtek readily available I'm not aware of any efforts to do so. At the end of the day most of the modders capable of doing that work (myself included) are few in number and have either moved on from this game or would rather spend their time on other improvements and mods instead.

• 1Like
Reactions:
This is my new go to mod pack.
I really missed Galaxy At War from the latest BEX release & the addition of a retuned Mech Engineer adds a lot of immersion & options.
It is not that I do not like following the lore, I do, but it is just that I like to feel that my merc company can make a difference.
This mod leaves plenty of options.
I really like that.
Great work, Team!
Thanks a lot!
:)

Yes, there is now a MAC install guide on the nexus page.

Thank you and thank b0bbyd1g1ts and the rest of the team! I will endeavor to follow the instructions over the next day or two and report back. As a Mac-based gamer, you can imagine my pain. I was over the moon when HBS annouced Mac support right at the beginning and now I'm over the moon once more that I have an opportunity to check out some the mods. Thanks again!

and it's version 1.6 this am..

Nothing like releasing and a couple hundred folk testing for you..

Seeing many many many nice good things being said..... Amazingly positive.
We have done our best to warn folk strait up "Caution: This mod is made to kick yer butt" and apparently, they like the challenge.

Hey HBS.. next battletech outing..be daring, take a chance...make it HARD!

Yep, Bella said it first and me.. I slept in today ... it felt sinful...or should have been sinful, but it's not.

Hey look it took 2 days between 1.6 and 1.7. Turns out work isn't EVEN done yet. We may have to rebalance melee after a person of renown put together a CRG-1A1-RV Charger variant that could punch for 450 points of damage and went and showed it off. Thats person of course was me. (Dr EVil Laugh) I wanted a shark with a laser on it head, and I got one...

I'd have to go look up the shop question and I'm not one of the coder guys.. I'm QA. :) And I really get caught on my sleep..I'm an old guy. these kids pull a week worth of 18 hours days and they bounce right back.. I do thim and and I kinda lay there like a gutted fish...this is part of what can happen when you hit your 60's