• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Eugenioso

Banned
5 Badges
Sep 15, 2008
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Darkest Hour
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
as the title states.

simply fucking impossible.

I suppose u play on normal level?

No it is not. Push on the whole front the USSR back. From Rumania to Konigsberg. Dont let them rest. Make many pockets as possible. Use HQ and many directions to attack from.

Do not attack Urban (unless its bad defended) but go around it and encircled it (for example Kiev)

Try to distract the enemy from the province u want to break through (tanks need to be fast and not to be hold up by long battles). Use offense supply always. Use your CAS/TACT only on the points u really need it

Use your tanks not in the North. Only in South and to Moscow.

Also important that your main goal is Moscow and many pockets in 1941 and to prefend that Finland is made puppet by USSR.

I suppose u play on normal level?

No it is not. Push on the whole front the USSR back. From Rumania to Konigsberg. Dont let them rest. Make many pockets as possible. Use HQ and many directions to attack from.

Do not attack Urban (unless its bad defended) but go around it and encircled it (for example Kiev)

Try to distract the enemy from the province u want to break through (tanks need to be fast and not to be hold up by long battles). Use offense supply always. Use your CAS/TACT only on the points u really need it

Use your tanks not in the North. Only in South and to Moscow.

Also important that your main goal is Moscow and many pockets in 1941 and to prefend that Finland is made puppet by USSR.

I use a slightly different strategy but the list of secrets and pearls I discovered are somewhat more numerous. I will be interested how these will work in Platinum.
I am now working on how best to deal with the Allies after Barbarossa......the problem is, I focus so much on Barbarossa that my Navy is totally neglected until 1942 (by about August-September 1941 the Soviets are mainly finished but mopping them up will take until early 1943 given supply/distance issues...) and then to get modern carriers takes some time...plus Burma is tough and those Americans have an enormous airforce by 1943-44 that they use quite a bit in Africa. Still playing Gold on superhuman/slightly ahistorical.

It is possible (Not even that hard as you might think, cause I did it twice), but the things you have to achieve in order to win it are totally unrealistic (You have to conquer the whole USSR). There is a surrender event, but it never triggered for me, so I had to annex the whole thing and relesed Russia as a free nation (I dont care if its forbbiden in the rules, if the game cheats me, I exploit it).

I can give you the following advice:
-Elastic defense (In order to defend the front line use fast troops, if the soviets attack, first wait till one unit is exhausted then retreat it to a neighbor province and send in the unit which was there).
-Its a must that you save Finland
-Its a must that you at least surround Leningrad in the first year
-Encirclements are a must

Last edited:
My third end of Soviets event as Germany:
1943-06-12 : 8:00 July 13, 1943 : Soviet Union had The end of the Soviet Union .
1943-06-12 : 8:00 July 13, 1943 : The end of the Soviet Union happened to us.
1943-06-12 : 8:00 July 13, 1943 : Soviet Union are now part of our nation!
"After several defeats, capture of hundreds of thousands men, the loss of a large part of the Soviet Union's territory, Red Army's chance of victory are seriously reduced. It is the end of the revolution and the rise of the German Reich. Dem Fuehrer war richtig"
The red army was practically defeated in 3 months (June, July, August 1941) with Leningrad, Moscow, Stalingrad surrounded plus German army closing in on Urals and Caucasus. Red army disorganized event did not seem to trigger. After that it only took this long because of logistical problems, winters, sheer distances and China.
(WIF Gold superhuman).

as the title states.

simply fucking impossible.

In normal/normal it's possible by september 1942.
As for the end events, Delex, the event in question has an offset of 30 days so, after taking all the VP you have to wait a bit.

gyozelemlg: Try the newer versions, you will have more difficulties (longer building times for exemple). 'Red Army tottally dizorganized' event takes place if you actually take Moscow, Leningrad and Stalingrad.

In normal/normal it's possible by september 1942.
As for the end events, Delex, the event in question has an offset of 30 days so, after taking all the VP you have to wait a bit.

gyozelemlg: Try the newer versions, you will have more difficulties (longer building times for exemple). 'Red Army tottally dizorganized' event takes place if you actually take Moscow, Leningrad and Stalingrad.

I have to wait 30 days even after I have taken the whole USSR? Whats the point anyway. Rather annex the thing and release a friendly Russia, even if i get 25 dissent, still better then to get those minors. There should be an option which would state: do you want a totally unrealistic war against the USSR or an realistic.

I have to wait 30 days even after I have taken the whole USSR? Whats the point anyway.
To see if you keep the control of your conquests. And "realistically speaking" the organization of some 5 or 6 puppet states takes a while RL.
Rather annex the thing
Totally agree, my standard policy.
and release a friendly Russia, even if i get 25 dissent, still better then to get those minors.
Disagree, from a game-style point of view, puppets (and especially big ones) make things to easy.
There should be an option which would state: do you want a totally unrealistic war against the USSR or an realistic.
Yeah, and some options for every man's definition of realism, and some other for every tiny puppet someone could want ... It is totally unrealistic, from the start, that Germany can beat USSR. But it's just a game. With a 'bitter-peace' style of event, which you seem to enjoy, the things would be finished to early, unless you don't take the upper difficulty levels.

That is why i like compendiums aproach to it.

You can follow three occupation plans.

I remember two.

You got alfred rosenbergs plan (basically when you have occupied a territory it is made as a national province (still with dissent tough)

Then theres the other plan where you work with the people and are to set up satellite states in the end if you release ukraine (event) (you can ignore Belorussia) the ussr goes into civil war and you can either make peace with them gaining huge territory wins (close to ural mountains i think) or continue the fight with a russian allied under general vlassov.

Hastily written but you get the point :p

Newer versions need Armageddon, which I do not have. On the other hand, Gold worked fine with Doomsday, which I do have. I wish there was a way around this. How can one get Armageddon amy more?
By the way I just got this:
1945-06-13 : 9:00 July 14, 1945 : Marinarmee Bock has arrived in Washington D.C..
Om my way to WC....still having fun with Gold.

I played my first game as Germany today and I've just started my Barbarossa, I've played as USSR many times but none of them times did I get level 5 forts along the polish border. In this game the Soviets don't seem to get the big org hit that I always have to have for about a month, after finally managing to break through the forts with masses of Soviet troops with 50+ org, every province I now fight in has 10-25 Infrastructure which renders my panzer divisions useless.

Also, I was curious about why the German AI does so well in Barbarossa, so in one of my UK games I took away the fog at the start of Barbarossa and it showed scattered Soviet divisions from the polish border all the way to Moscow, but in my game they concentrated most of their forces on the forts, how come the AI is smarter against me and unrealistic against an AI Germany?

I'm using Titanium version on 1.3b and I, too, find playing Germany an annoying and a disturbing challenge.
The IC levels seem absurd. USSR has 400 usable IC while I gotta stick with around 200 till I conquer France. I have a minimal amount of interceptors and that few are getting their asses kicked by the pathetic Soviet Air Force. My Allies are totally useless. They do nothing. Western Allies are on ectasy and keep assaulting Norway. I have to keep a major occupation force there.

So I'd like to hear how is playing Germany easy let alone interesting in Titanium. I've won as Germany in earlier WIF versions, but now all it does is drive me insane.

Also, I'm trying to maintain a historical approach (this was the purpose of this mod, no?). I try to have a notable submarine force and a big air armada. However, this leaves me with a pathetic army.

Yes, Barbarossa in WiF is hard for the first time, but after two or three games anybody can beat SOV almost with certainty.

Basically, you need to focus on things you really need to defeat them (no garrisons, no ships or subs etc.) and encircle and destroy at least 250 divs until 1943. Once you have encircled 100 divs in 1941, it is easier and easier to destroy lots of them later in 1942. AI is still as dumb as in vanilla (except for landings) so exploit it. There is no other way to win.

I think that Barbarossa here is what is should be because GER lost in real life and in fact its chance to win was practically zero.

If you don't want to lose your first games in this mod, play SOV, UK or US - you are almost sure to win.

Finally, this is a screenshot from my latest WiF GER game (all my land units are selected; SOV has got cca 40 land units):

BarbarossaWiF.jpg

Last edited:
I agree that Titanium was a bit too harsh with german players. :)
A bit :rofl:
Yes, Barbarossa in WiF is hard for the first time, but after two or three games anybody can beat SOV almost with certainty.

Basically, you need to focus on things you really need to defeat them (no garrisons, no ships or subs etc.) and encircle and destroy at least 250 divs until 1943. Once you have encircled 100 divs in 1941, it is easier and easier to destroy lots of them later in 1942. AI is still as dumb as in vanilla (except for landings) so exploit it. There is no other way to win.

I think that Barbarossa here is what is should be because GER lost in real life and in fact its chance to win was practically zero.

If you don't want to lose your first games in this mod, play SOV, UK or US - you are almost sure to win.

Finally, this is a screenshot from my latest WiF GER game (all my land units are selected; SOV has got cca 40 land units):
Germany is way too weak in Titanium. In real life it had the chances to win but those chances were ruined by bad luck and Germany focusing on WAY wrong matters (SS and other nonsense).

But I guess I could give Germany a second shot... But it seems tedious. I want submarines, and an air force. I want my Luftwaffe bomb UK to ruins. I want rockets, and the Atlantic Wall. I want a realistic game but still win it. Just like in the previous WiF versions.

well i started the post because i thought that i was the only one that couldnt win as germany. well i feel better about myself now XD

about a week after i started the post i finally won as germany by 45. it was tough, and titanically long. not because of enemy troops, but rather for the months i had to spend to travel from point 1 to point 2 in deep russia.

the main problem for me now is what happens after i dominate the russians. i mean after i reconquer africa, use paratroopers to land in Gibraltar and score an alliance with Nat. spain. if submarines were useful perhaps i would try to build some, but with the level of cheapness that a convoy costs, coupled with the fact that subs are too expensive, take too damn long to build, are as tough as a piece of paper and dont do that much damage to transports, my only choice seems to forego sealane interdiction completely, and begin to muster a massive fleet to invade the US by 50.

the problem germany has is that yes, after you beat russia you are over the side, but then there is the problem of building a fleet. an airforce is not necessary since by the end of Barbarossa you should have an incredibly potent airforce.

Germany Barbarossa

I had a strategy who works fine at normal with (Unfair) AI agressiveness with still building 3 garrison on each by barbarossa.

To do so I have 40 Medium Tank/8light tank by June 41 and i build a defence line retreated back in German lines with infantry ( gives me 24inf on each 6 territory with an HQ). (from Berlin down to Kozise) (Hungay and Romania are still neutral).

Then I DOW in april, 1 month after ,in June USSR have almost 200-300troops on my frontline. (Gives me also some free Berlin Volks by event) Then with my 48 Tanks I ally Romania and I make a Hook from Beltsy to Koningsberg leaving 3-6 tank by territory, the pocket is huge and kills most of the red army.(200-300troops). Then its not over, you have to keep going with the pockets, surround the big citys and keep going for central asia.

-------------

Another option faster but more risky is to keep the same defence line srategy in germany with the infantry but send the 48 tanks invading before barbarossa, Turkey , then Iraq , The attack or Alliw Iran, then take India, then Invade Afganistan. From Afganistan in June 41 you can strike all factories of siberia by winter without serious resistance (you need a defence in the Baku tought around an extra 20 troops). In winter russian has 100IC max, then you can push with your defence line to close the sandwich. But this strategy is very quick but is risky since US goes in war faster and there is a risk of supply cut off in the middle east by UK/USA.