• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
i can see names i recognise posting retrofitted Dune memes abiut Johan right now who used to post bile hatred at him during the development and release of Imperator.
I wish I had as good a memory lol.

Reactions:
The funniest things about this part of the forum are both the anti-vic3 pity party going on and the weird auteur worship that Johan is going through right now especially since i can see names i recognise posting retrofitted Dune memes abiut Johan right now who used to post bile hatred at him during the development and release of Imperator.

I Hope forts auto capture territories adjecant to them like in Imperator so carpet sieging wouldnt be neccesary, or that otherwise theres off-map garrisons that can actually put up a defense and not just exist to be rolled over.

I would love for forts to be able to hide and remove attrition from armies, or act as rallying points for neighbouring armies so you can rise up an army in a safe way to which strike the enemy.

This would also means that being able to bypass front just creates a really possible danger of troops appearing on your back or cutting your supplies

My problem with that is while I would agree with the idea if implemented there would be nothing left to do, it would I think kill the game. The only thing you really can do in that game is manage the economy - no other aspect of that game would I consider to be done in a way that allows for an engaging gameplay. I mean seriously, what would you do in the game in its current form if you could automate most of the economy?
Timing conquests and legislature with my economy, mostly. Through incoming DLC and its different approach to subject nations may change that.

Reactions:
I respectfully disagree. But warfare like Hoi4 could be interesting!
You bet
oByC4lf.jpeg
eXIr8rW.jpeg

Funny thing, nobody asked for EUV warfare to be as detailed as HoIV. Because, obviously warfare have been completely different in said periods, country-wide frontlines never existed pre-WWI and battleplanner could not be used without heavy adjustments- I doubt that it could be used at all. Yet what people like in HoIV is exactly what could benefit EUV. Manual unit control is the most important thing here and battleplanner comes next, because it solved two most important featues of engaging combat - let AI handle things like defensive fronts and manage important areas\breaches. Up to napoleonic era armies relied upon supply bases, i.e. castles=>forts. And the most effective way to defeat nomads were to build a series of forts to hinder their ability to maneuver and have time to gather a response force, in other words, good old ZOC. EUV stacks were always too valuable to let AI handle them, especially for defensive actions. No sane EUIV player will leave stacks automated when Ottomans moving their armies to chokepoint mountain forts to dogpile on them.

There is a reason behind my hostility to "Victoria 3-like product" and mobile gameplay advocates. In my opinion, those with mentality of "let AI handle war" is the most harmful bunch of feedback providers as they represent the opposite of why Paradox games became so popular - and that is a combination of highly controllable warfare and building of economic basis. But micromanagement was always an intergal part of a core war mechanics.
That's why I see them and Victoria 3 dev team just as some random people who arrive to Starcraft online stage and say "Hey, I know, ordering zerglings around with right clicks was here for a long time, but it is time to move forward and dispose of those archaic mechanics - we think that it is better for the game to handle army control to AI and let player concentrate on the main thing - mineral and vespene gas gathering". Like developers at EA once said "I thing it is a good idea to remove resource gathering and base building from Command & Conquer 4"

P.S. It was super ironic that after release HoIIV was heavily criticesed that its war adn battleplanner system was better fitting to...WWI, rather than WWII.

• 7Like
Reactions:
Timing conquests and legislature with my economy, mostly. Through incoming DLC and its different approach to subject nations may change that.
Legislature? You mean when an autocracy and democracy enacts laws exactly ther same way? When you click a button and hope that RNG turns our right? No need or possibility for deals with the opposition or anything. Yeah the political game is really engaging...

Reactions:
Legislature? You mean when an autocracy and democracy enacts laws exactly ther same way? When you click a button and hope that RNG turns our right? No need or possibility for deals with the opposition or anything. Yeah the political game is really engaging...
Dont forget that if you have high enough radicals, passing any law will instantly set in track a revolution with 99% of your provinces against wathever you are pushing, irrelevant of the law you are passing.

• 5Like
Reactions:
Dont forget that if you have high enough radicals, passing any law will instantly set in track a revolution with 99% of your provinces against wathever you are pushing, irrelevant of the law you are passing.
We want enlarge vote rigth.
People: NO.
ruler: eh? what?
People: NO
ruler:.....ok.

• 3Haha
Reactions:
Automated warfare i stupid and if left unchecked, it will be the downfall of PDX.

Let use led our armies. That is the most fun part of EU. When you have perfectly set up your [French] Kingdom, amassed wealth and men, fortified your realm, built alliance with key powers (mostly the Ottomans) and are ready to finally cross the Rhine to occupy some minor diocese and plunge the entirety of Christendom into Warfare.

Let the player command his armies as if he was one of the captain-king of the modern period and let the AI crash itself upon your mighty 3 provinces deep Vauban line fortifications.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Automated warfare i stupid and if left unchecked, it will be the downfall of PDX.

Let use led our armies. That is the most fun part of EU. When you have perfectly set up your [French] Kingdom, amassed wealth and men, fortified your realm, built alliance with key powers (mostly the Ottomans) and are ready to finally cross the Rhine to occupy some minor diocese and plunge the entirety of Christendom into Warfare.

Let the player command his armies as if he was one of the captain-king of the modern period and let the AI crash itself upon your mighty 3 provinces deep Vauban line fortifications.
And fougth for 5 years for one province!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Veering off-topic here. In-depth discussion of Victoria 3's mechanics without relation to PC are better done in its subforum

• 2Like
Reactions:
And fougth for 5 years for one province!
Project Caesar : The Ultimate Eighty years War Experience ! :cool::cool::cool:

But after fighting for 5 years, you will recieve a notice that a treaty port with 20.000 people had been occupied for the entirety of the war, so your government is capitulating effectively now.
That awkward moment you realize you lost half of your colonial empire to a 2 provinces revolt movement of "Gueux des mers" / "watergeuzen" while you were trying to re-occupy their 500s star forts just like the Habsburg did in real life. o_O

Project Caesar : The Ultimate Eighty years War Experience ! :cool::cool::cool:

That awkward moment you realize you lost half of your colonial empire to a 2 provinces revolt movement of "Gueux des mers" / "watergeuzen" while you were trying to re-occupy their 500s star forts just like the Habsburg did in real life. o_O
fun fact, rebels can only enforce demands if they have unsieged provinces