• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
  • I going to post some comments on the mod...i played up to aug. 1939 with germany, Before i do so i want to thank you for sharing your PERSONAL MOD with us and say i dont expect any fixes or updates nor am i belittleing you work...the mod is great. :) 1>some of german minsters lack photos . 2> for germany at start rares are rare....massive trade required for them...then when you get austria you are rich. ( i see there an event that boasts ai resources) 3> you dont get any units when germany gets austria ( intended or due to not using the xp config?) 4>THE ai nations dont seem to build interstructure or IC. 5> looks like ai builds infantry....in 1939 luxembourg has 9 divisions....belgium has some 29 on my borders. 6> seems strange not to have stukas as germany but it looks like fighters can partly assume their role...anyway ty for the mod

I'm afraid that is not possible, the drastic changes in 1.12 would require much work. Also the new graphical layer slows the game engine down. It is visible if you watch the vertical scrolling which isn't that smooth in 1.12. (I play AoD in Win7, because of the dx9 support = super smooth scrolling).
I ported the mod to version 1.12 (and fix bug with counters). Prepared to work through a moddir, but due to a bug with spr files it still starts through a batch file with a change in the working directory.
Requires game version 1.12 (or 1.11)

Copy the contents of the archive to the game folder.

Run the mod via "start DEC.bat"

• 5Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Edit, ignore me! Just re-read your simple and easy instructions. Thanks a bunch for making it possible to keep playing this mod!

Last edited:
Thank you!

I've started using your edits to update GringoEsteban's Third Reich Mod to the new map. See below for the python scripts if anyone wants to continue this work or use it for another conversion to this awesome map!

Last edited:
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Attached :

province2.csv : spreadsheet of AoD to DH province IDs used in these scripts to automate conversion.
ai_aod2dh.py : converts AI files from AoD to DH.
aod2dh.py : converts event files from AoD to DH.

Note that some of the map regions have changed in later versions of AoD which trips up TRM.

Attachments

• provinces2.csv
    16,2 KB · Views: 0
  • events_aod2dh.py.txt
    1,3 KB · Views: 0
  • ai_aod2dh.py.txt
    958 bytes · Views: 0
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Attached :

province2.csv : spreadsheet of AoD to DH province IDs used in these scripts to automate conversion.
ai_aod2dh.py : converts AI files from AoD to DH.
aod2dh.py : converts event files from AoD to DH.

Note that some of the map regions have changed in later versions of AoD which trips up TRM.
Wow, nice work! Would you be able to do something like this for the E3 map mod for AoD?

I don't know. Doesn't the E3 map add a lot more provinces? This conversion script only works if it's 1:1. So the equivalents of the new provinces would have to be manually decided upon.

It would be so much easier if we could ditch provinces and just use hexes!
It does yeah, so much more!