• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
In Nemesis, you determine the fate of the galaxy by pulling strings behind the scenes with new espionage mechanics. Choose to become the
Galactic Custodian to counter Galactic threats, or take the menace option to BECOME the Crisis.

Ultimately, you will have to decide whether to grasp the reins of a galaxy spiraling into chaos -- or ferment the chaos yourself.

Will you find a way to take power through diplomacy and subterfuge, or will you stand on the sidelines as the stars go out one by one?

Wishlist Now!

From the Steam page:

"Ultimately you will have to make the choice between chaos or control, to take charge of a galaxy spiraling into crisis. Will you find a way to take power through diplomacy or subterfuge, or will you watch the stars go out one by one?"

Here it is with the typos fixed:

"Ultimately you will have to make the choice between Kaos or Control, to take charge of a galaxy spiraling into crisis. Will you find a way to take power through diplomacy or subterfuge, or will you watch the stars go out one by one?"

So, this really is an espionage expansion!

• 1Love
Reactions:
From the Steam page:

"Ultimately you will have to make the choice between chaos or control, to take charge of a galaxy spiraling into crisis. Will you find a way to take power through diplomacy or subterfuge, or will you watch the stars go out one by one?"

"Ultimately you will have to make the choice between Kaos or Control, to take charge of a galaxy spiraling into crisis. Will you find a way to take power through diplomacy or subterfuge, or will you watch the stars go out one by one?"

To be honest unless there are big changes to the base game it should read:

Once you have practically won the game you can press a button and farm some ressources for an extra ending sequence. There is also another choice, but no AI will ever be strong enough to challenge you and become a meaningful enemy, so thats only in theory.

• 3Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Not sure that more super-mega-huge-grandiose-end-game stuff is what the game really needs but alright. Hopefully espionage enriches the rest of the game in a meaningful way.

• 3Like
Reactions:
also, the empires who would WANT to become crisis generally dont have access to the market
you don't have to be fanpu to become the crisis.

you don't even need to be fanphobe/fanmil.

Reactions:
From the Steam page:

Its 2021. Needs nude mod for Agent 99.

Reactions:
Do hive-minds get to participate in this newly invented game mechanic?
seems so, they have shown machine empires as an example, it would be weird to exclude hiveminds from that

I will play this with my brother as soon as it comes out, and I just told him of this expansion and he is already "I'm going to stop you, me and the galaxy, we are all going to stop you". Poor boy, he already knows what's coming!

• 4Haha
Reactions:
I will play this with my brother as soon as it comes out, and I just told him of this expansion and he is already "I'm going to stop you, me and the galaxy, we are all going to stop you". Poor boy, he already knows what's coming!
first total warhammer 3's chaos invasion, now this, evil really is on a roll this year isnt it XD

• 1Haha
Reactions:
I'm cautiously optimistic, but also kinda 'meh' about the Crisis mechanics. I've got Gigas and NSC to give me scary toys that blow shit up already - what I want more is meaningful empire interaction, internal politics, and AI that can pose a threat.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Given that the data of most popular ethics relesed some time ago indicates that the most popular ethics is Xenophiles (even though most players on the forum are fanatical purifier players) is there anything for the core playerbase in this DLC?

Reactions:
Meh. It's not terrible. I'm not too impressed though. Seems kind of pointless.

The colossi were supposed to be the "OMFG EVERYBODY RUN!!!!"
Same with juggernaughts and Titans...
They weren't.

and what happens if multiple empires pursue this?
Multiple crises? Doomsday race?

the unique ships thing is neat but see a little late to the party.
Did they not think anything else deserved their ownship set?

Reactions:
Given that the data of most popular ethics relesed some time ago indicates that the most popular ethics is Xenophiles (even though most players on the forum are fanatical purifier players) is there anything for the core playerbase in this DLC?
As a Xenophile-focused player I hope/assume the:

Choose to become the Galactic Custodian to counter Galactic threats,
will be a feature for Xenophile Empires. Maybe it will be a nice, passive-agressive way to subjugate the other empires and force them to stop their silly purging.

Reactions:
I just need to ask something. What happens to the old crisis with this new DLC?
Are we going to face both the Scourge/Contingency/Unbidden and some AIs/players turning into this new crisis or are the old ones blocked as soon as an empire becomes a crisis?
Are there multiple ways to become the crisis?
Otherwise it might get old really fast if there's only one kind of end-game crisis.

Overall, i'm still interested about the announced changes (espcially changes to pop growth and economy) but rather unimpressed by the DLC itself.

• 1Like
Reactions:
There are no details in the announcement and it is not clear how ill it work, but provisionally, this looks very underwhelming.

It is hard to be interested in new end game content in particular because mid game is slog, and because I suspect it will boil down to you fighting a big coalition with a couple of bonus units thrown in, and it will become boring the second you are stronger than the coalition.

Hopefully espionage is good, but if every other PDX game over the past 20 years is any indication, it is unlikely.

• 2Like
Reactions: