Already waiting patches - fastest Paradox game that I stopped playing

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I want to think they're taking so long because when they come out with the patch, it's going to be a megapatch that fixes everything

That rarely happens, nor work when it does.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I've had three saves in a row now where every son gets that idiotic "disputed heritage" meaning their real father is changed in the game files. Ended each save immediately when it happened. I swear someone at Paradox was braindead when they designed that
The developers should have left exploring their cuck fetish sexual fantasy to mods instead of making it an inherent part of the base game.

• 9Haha
  • 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
I want to think they're taking so long because when they come out with the patch, it's going to be a megapatch that fixes everything
A friend of mine once got stood up on a date and told me he thought it was because the girl liked him so much that she couldn't handle her feelings around him.

I didn't say a thing about it. A good friend knows when he's supposed to keep his mouth shut.

You and I don't really know each other, though, so... ;)

• 13Haha
Reactions:
Yeah, 118 hours logged, but kind of feeling the need to see what a patch brings in terms of balance and fixing the UI annoyances. I've always enjoyed the challenge of the early Irish starts in CKII and I've been noodling the same in CK3 just trying out various things exploring the Lifestyle systems and how they all coalesce but the Vikings are so OP it's kind of a joke. Doesn't matter how well you're doing within Ireland yourself, without a Military alliance or two with either Wales, Wessex or Alba to call upon, you're generally going to get torn apart by the Vikings eventually. The only successful strategy I've found if you're eschewing the military 'might is right' approach is just using high intrigue to start murdering them all so their realms splinter amongst their successors but even then that's not a guarantee that 3000 of them aren't going to suddenly roll up siege your realm and imprison most or your court and dynasty in the process. If you're going to have boats, you also should have the chance that not all of them make it, especially over any notable distance. Going to make a suggestion about that tbh.

Last edited:
Reactions:
If Paradox {insert any company name} respected us they release the product and say "yeah, some rough edges here, we're aware of it and working it, 'cos you know we've got your back, and you're going to get the right product".

The support from the community would be... understanding {background fireworks, parties, virtual hugs and a massive mutual love-in}.

Unfortunately that's not what's happening. I blame {cough} publishers, marketing, management and stock prices. And that comes from somebody who worked for an investment bank for twenty years.

They can do better. They should do better. We, as customers, should be able to hold them to account.

So, how's about this for an idea (it's slightly daft, I'll admit that :p!). The gaming, customer, community picks somebody to represent them on the board of Paradox.

• 9Like
Reactions:
that comes from somebody who worked for an investment bank for twenty years.
[...]
So, how's about this for an idea (it's slightly daft, I'll admit that :p!). The gaming, customer, community picks somebody to represent them on the board of Paradox.
As a former investment banker you know that all it takes is a decent amount of shares. Right now the market cap for Paradox is about 28B SEK, which equals roughly 2.7B Euro. Begin pooling funds. ;)

Reactions:
As a former investment banker you know that all it takes is a decent amount of shares. Right now the market cap for Paradox is about 28B SEK, which equals roughly 2.7B Euro. Begin pooling funds. ;)

Investment banks are (or at least were, before I got invited out of the industry) pretty enormous machines. I didn't say that I was an investment banker, I said that I worked for an investment bank. Still, in that time I gained some understanding of managing development teams, and releasing code.

Similarly, whilst I can't code my way out of a wet paper bag, I can manage developers (and {cough} high skilled QA teams).

As an investor would I buy (or bid for) Paradox right now? Not on your nelly.

Because their product isn't good enough.

At some point the market will catch up with this.

Reactions:
Investment banks are (or at least were, before I got invited out of the industry) pretty enormous machines. I didn't say that I was an investment banker, I said that I worked for an investment bank. Still, in that time I gained some understanding of managing development teams, and releasing code.

Similarly, whilst I can't code my way out of a wet paper bag, I can manage developers (and {cough} high skilled QA teams).

Thanks for this post. It's been a long Friday, and I needed some amusement.

Reactions:
Ah, what was your job there, if I may ask? :)

Reactions:
Glad to see most people agree with the OP, I played some 50 hours at launch week and was done with the game by that point, even Imperator release version gave me 100; but every time I pointed out one of the many flaws of the game on the forums, the disagrees would pile on.

I guess people have had more time to play it now and see that it is in need of improvements asap. But I personally have little hope as so many things I dislike are design decisions that seem unlikely to change, like large counties with fixed baronies (to which I see no point since forts do nothing to stop armies), and express claim fabrication and culture conversion.

Last edited:
Reactions:

I won't hold my breath until a credible competitor comes along.

Reactions:
Yeah they can, you can lead your armies into battle, you just have to change the army commander. It's no different from being a knight since the commander is picked from your knights
Except when your commander dies, they don't get replaced. But the AI does. Just another issue I noticed the other night, still won but barely because of it.

Reactions:
Except when your commander dies, they don't get replaced. But the AI does. Just another issue I noticed the other night, still won but barely because of it.

Yeah, I noticed that as well. You'd think the game would automatically just assign the next best person on the field from your champions at the time but nope. Prepare to get royally ass fucked ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• 1Like
Reactions:
Yeah they can, you can lead your armies into battle, you just have to change the army commander. It's no different from being a knight since the commander is picked from your knights
Commander and knight are different roles.

Reactions:
I have to agree with the general sentiment here, even if not the particulars of why. I have about 60 hours in the game now, and while I see incredible amounts of potential. The RPG elements are incredibly fun and provide a perfect foundation for what this game wants to be, but there are mechanics in the game that are just laughably implemented. Most have been well aired in this thread: absurd rate of infidelity/bastardization, Catholicism awry, etc. etc. I can't help but be a bit peeved.

The levy reinforcement bug particularly hurts, given I play almost exclusively in Christian Iberia. If you are not being hyper vigilant to raise and immediately disband to maintain appropriate troop levels, you will get majorly dogpiled in the first half-century or so. The dynamic that existed between the moors and Christians is already poorly reflected in the game (mozárabes are, to my knowledge, not even mentioned or acknowledged), does AI Christian Iberia really need to be this thunderdome that devolves into a abject mess only for Al-Mamún de Toledo and his heirs to take advantage practically every time? In about four saves I have in other sections of the map I have seen the Christian kingdoms fold within the first 100 years with the Moors quickly moving to gobble up huge chunks of France. I have no problem with that happening occasionally, but seeing it 2/3rds of the time is just frustrating.

Again, I think there is a lot of potential here, and I have faith that Paradox will do what they always do and hammer out a lot of the kinks via patches/paid DLC. Part of that process is us as a community vocalizing our issues/concerns. Those of us who are dissatisfied with what is in front of us should respect those who are content, and vice versa.

Reactions: