Already waiting patches - fastest Paradox game that I stopped playing

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm not claiming knowledge of when the bugs were created, i'm giving a reasonable explanation as to why you claiming "They should have known or found these bugs and fixed them already" is nonsense because...

1. You don't know how long said bugs have existed for.
2 .You don't know that they don't already know about them.
3 You don't know that they aren't already fixing them.

No fundamental mechanics are broken, there are some that don't work in some cases and in some cases for the AI but the game is absolutely playable.

That's like saying the 787 Max was flyable.

If the bugs weren't known about prior to release they should have been.
If the bugs were known about prior to release they should have been addressed prior to release.
If the bugs were introduced with new release candidate code then Paradox's software development cycle and source control tools and processes are inadequate.

• 1Like
Reactions:
That's like saying the 787 Max was flyable.

If the bugs weren't known about prior to release they should have been.
If the bugs were known about prior to release they should have been addressed prior to release.
If the bugs were introduced with new release candidate code then Paradox's software development cycle and source control tools and processes are inadequate.
You, i like. That's a healthy mindset!
Besides, some of the bugs that are present can be identified in a matter of minutes...How come my consort, spymaster and mother of my eldest just left the court to inherit a county overseas?! ....aww..she remains my woman ♥.....wait, there's no alliance!
It's just funny sometimes :D

Reactions:
Correct, but that was in the 6th century so outside the scope of the game. Otherwise we would also have to count colonies in america and africa in the 16th/17th century.

A correction: Lombard conquest of Italy happened in 6th century. But they left Scandinavia right at the start of the 1st century. Over half a millennium separates their life in Scandinavia and their conquest of Italy.

The Lombards are still a Viking settlement in relation to migration during the game's time frame. The rest of your statement is a non-sequitur as it's beyond the scope of the game.

The Lombards left Scandinavia over three centuries before the first known mention of the term viking. And then nearly three more centuries have passed before they conquered Italy. Even in the earlier start date of CK3 nearly a millennium has passed since they left Scandinavia. More than a millennium in the later starting date. They have absolutely nothing to do with viking settlement or viking migration of the game's time frame.

By your metric you could argue that actual vikings in CK3 conquering Cyprus would also be fine and dandy because Goths reached it and they also originated from Scandinavia.

Reactions:
I'm not claiming knowledge of when the bugs were created, i'm giving a reasonable explanation as to why you claiming "They should have known or found these bugs and fixed them already" is nonsense because...

1. You don't know how long said bugs have existed for.
2 .You don't know that they don't already know about them.
3 You don't know that they aren't already fixing them.

No fundamental mechanics are broken, there are some that don't work in some cases and in some cases for the AI but the game is absolutely playable.

I didn't say a word about you claiming knowledge of when the bugs were created. I pointed out you have no such knowledge, making your remarks like "how do you know this bug wasn't created just in the release candidate" utterly empty rhetoric and completely ineffective as an excuse for those bugs (though it's not the only reason why that excuse is weak). Those are two vastly different statements. Between this and your blatant straw-man about releasing the game with no bugs whatsoever, it seems you can't stick to what you're actually replying to and instead resort to replying to your fantasies. Achieving nothing other than showcasing the stark weakness of your argumentation.

The same goes goes for your "They should have known or found these bugs and fixed them already". Why did you put that in quotation marks and even stated this to be my claim when I claimed no such thing? How goddamn disingenuous can you get? Go on, make an actual quote of my post where that phrase... nay, anything along those lines is actually contained. Oh, wait. You can't. Because I didn't say that. So cease misusing quotation marks, which you apparently don't even know the function of.

And sure, no fundamental mechanics are broken in a strategy game where your territory is governed by titles, which you then pass on from generation to generation, where the succession goes bonkers the moment an individual title gets its own specific gender succession law. Even when that gender succession is a 100% match of the realm succession law. And where this is something that just happens on its own with no input from the player or the AI.

Likewise, no fundamental mechanic is broken in a game where your prime goal is to maintain a succession within your dynasty, generation after generation and where the AI flat out ignores it the second a female ruler ascends to the throne or a female character becomes the primary heir. But hey, if you're squinting your eyes hard enough, even things like the AI ignoring the game over condition of the game in its decision making isn't a fundamental mechanic working in an incorrect manner.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Pffft! Well isn't that overly passive-aggressive :p You do you and i do me and hopefuly we won't do each other! My point that is a rather weak argument still stands. 50 is not much to say that you are tired/bored/etc of something. People wouldn't make it to their next vacations with that mindset!
It wasn't meant passive-aggressively at all. You mentioned in another post about having a family and a full-time job. Same here - and I already feel uncomfortable with the time I'm dedicating to the game vs my other obligations. My response to you may have been influenced by the fact I had just seen someone on another thread who had clocked almost 200 hours already... It's genuine concern.

And to clarify: my original comment about playtime was related to OP saying it's the fastest game he stopped playing. From another comment of yours I suspect you took that comment as a non-sequitur to something which you said previously. If so, it wasn't meant like that. I have to admit I hadn't read the entirety of the thread when posting.

Reactions:
Because genetics says that at the base they are the same people with a shared genetic history. The only differences between the two is that Lombard added in further genetics from the local inhabitants of Italy. They're an offshoot of their original genetic group that are the Norse.

genetics are irrelevant to culture/ethnicity [in the medieval era]. the Lombards settled in italy in the 560s while the people in Scandinavia who would be known as the vikings would arise in the late 700s. it's like calling the united states english.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Plus it has bangin music. As soon as someone can mod Pagan Fury into this game, IM me!

And it has some other pieces of sound design that is sorely missing in CK3. Execution sounds for example. Sure, they were gruesome (which is what they were supposed to be in the first place), but they were very immersive. Now in CK3 there is no sound at all there.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Of course i do! Main reason why i bought it, doesn't mean that it can't be better which is the point of the whole thread!

Oh but i went through the effort of actually answering to someone that was disregarding a point of view by mentioning their time with the game..which is exactly the kind of thing you say you avoid! So the context was there! :D Think nothing of it, padawan!
Oh, what a magnificent effort!

Anyway, feel free to use some of my mods for playing this game, ehm, master ( :D ), coz, you know, bitching and sptiing around on other people isn't the only (and is deffinitely one of the poorest) thing how one can get things better. Even padawans know that ;)

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
One thing I don't think I've seen mentioned in this thread so far is the mod community. I think I am right in saying that the teams behind Princes of Darkness and Bronze Age got early access to the game precisely so that they could release their full conversion mods early / with the release of the actual game.

I'd be astonished if nobody in those teams stumbled across some of these issues. I'd be equally astonished if they didn't make Paradox aware of them.

And no, I am not expecting any comment from people associated with those mods. I imagine they are all wrapped up in NDAs etc.

• 2Like
Reactions:
To me CK3 lands in a happy middle ground.

It's all about learning the game mechanics and exploring the game world, which gives it maybe a few dozen hours of great gameplay.

Once you've started to master the game it's effectively a goofy sandbox which can still be fun to play around with, but not something to spend all that much time on.

Last edited:
Reactions:
It's a phenomenon I've dubbed the Niantic Defense- where supporters of a developer will claim a developer has flaws then claim because of those flaws, it's not their fault.

In this case, Paradox creating a tangled mess of spaghetti code means it's ok for them to release bugged content.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
I've had three saves in a row now where every son gets that idiotic "disputed heritage" meaning their real father is changed in the game files. Ended each save immediately when it happened. I swear someone at Paradox was braindead when they designed that

• 5Like
Reactions: