• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I put some icons that where posted in the graphics thread in the past year, but sprites... maybe I accidentaly left something.

Do you mind finishing? I can't do it myself, I've tried.

Do you mind finishing? I can't do it myself, I've tried.

Nope, I never even tried:p, maybe the sprites in the last verison are because I used some graphical mods over 1914, anyways, i was thinking that maybe the sprites of the original TGW can be actually adapted(In mod 1934 Qintelosky adapted the original HOI1 sprites), but back to the AI, i'm actually having some hard work at university but I keep working on this, Savefile is down until 1st september, maybe then I can relese a stable version until the final one gets relesed.

Dr.Rare allready converted them from HoI "the great war" to HoI 2 "1914". The problem is that with the advent of DD, some HoI 2 sprites were renamed, and thus don't overwrite a DD installation of sprite files. Dr. Rare doesn't own DD, so it is left for me, and quite frankly I suck at it.. :D

But yes, do your damn homework. Maybe you can write your thesis on "From 1914 AI, to world conquest". (Nothing more than simple coding) :D he he he

(here's a link to the WWI sprites, at stony road)

http://www.stonyroad.de/forum/showthread.php?t=7562

But yes, do your damn homework. Maybe you can write your thesis on "From 1914 AI, to world conquest". (Nothing more than simple coding) :D he he he

:rofl: Maybe :

"1914 AI- The final quest of reverse engineering&Cheating AI "

I will probablly relese this one soon, it seems stable and most of the games last until 1917 for now, thanks to less suicidal AI, also I reworked the garrison code for UK(still far from perfect), separate Italy AI and an abstract representation of the BEF.

Some screens:

Good and bad things

Ger has a very nice 1914 build up, but the french one is broken
2.jpg

Eng manages to perform great in the palestinian campaing, OTT manages well too.
6.jpg

But Rusia has a deep trouble garrisoning the caucas
3.jpg

Heare we see a suscessfull GER 1915 ofensive in frech soil, in this game we see a very poor ENG AI (not garrisons or BEF troops to france)
7.jpg

Also Russia is more dangerous now, his production has been reworked acording to his limitedless manpower... and also his offensive coding in 1914 has been improved
5.jpg

But theare I arranged the garrisoning problem and also i reworked the BEF problem.
8.jpg

This one is just curious, nice entente victory in 1918 (Rusia still alive at the end)
4.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome!

I tried and modified organisation ( ~ 130 for infantry, ~ 70 for cavalry like in mod33), + 100 in defensiveness and toughness, and fights are more interesting and realist (many casualties). You need lots of pp for reinforcements, but AI seems to have some problems with reinforcements (need to change reinforcement line in ai files maybe, 0.10 > ??), like French ai in my game where all her troops were devastated by German (~30/100 strenght each division in 3 months).

I wonder how the AI would work using modified units I.E. units that battle longer and take heavier manpower hits in battle? (sort of like how it is in mod 33)

It is actualy implemented, the exact changes are:

+80 Org
1/2 Movement speed

I tried and modified organisation ( ~ 130 for infantry, ~ 70 for cavalry like in mod33), + 100 in defensiveness and toughness, and fights are more interesting and realist (many casualties). You need lots of pp for reinforcements, but AI seems to have some problems with reinforcements (need to change reinforcement line in ai files maybe, 0.10 > ??), like French ai in my game where all her troops were devastated by German (~30/100 strenght each division in 3 months).

Incresig defensiveness and toughnes gets the game less dinamic, but this way you have to put 0.2 or 0.25 at reinforcement line, this can disrupt the AI serial production, but it's an interesting modification.

Would it be possible on the western front to have the German AI, after it captures certain provences or after a certain date to fire an event where it and the French switches to another AI script where they mass units on the frontlines and go on a defensive?
Then starting on Janurary 1 1915, every so many months (like maybe 4 or 5 times a year) have both the German and French AI launch front wide offensives against each other lasting about 2 months at a time. (This would be used to represent the stalemate and manpower loss due to the constant back and forth attacks)

Note this is just me brainstorming, throwing things out there.

Would it be possible on the western front to have the German AI, after it captures certain provences or after a certain date to fire an event where it and the French switches to another AI script where they mass units on the frontlines and go on a defensive?
Then starting on Janurary 1 1915, every so many months (like maybe 4 or 5 times a year) have both the German and French AI launch front wide offensives against each other lasting about 2 months at a time. (This would be used to represent the stalemate and manpower loss due to the constant back and forth attacks)

Note this is just me brainstorming, throwing things out there.

The code of the AI goes as:

German AI:

-->Try to bet france trought belguim:
-->if french surrenders then beat Russia and win the war, but normallly fails to defeat france and stablishes a defensive position in the wester front, then atacks russia.
-->if rusia is defetaed the switch to france and win the war.

French AI (more simple)

-->1914: defensive stance
-->1915: To Berlin!!

Something more complicated than that is far from achivable with the actual AI engine.

I just tried this. I played as the ottoman empire.
Germany released 2 nations called germany france released some other nations aswell. This weird bug happend just after the assasination