Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Dev Diary #27: Tactical Combat Maps

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Maybe there was some sort of acid rain that does a lot of damage to certain materials but leaves others unscathed.

Or the rest of the tower was made of a sci fi material and it was destroyed by a sci fi weapon that only damages that material

That Psynumbra map reminds me of some notable Sith architecture. I approve!
Now I'm wondering whether Celestian stuff will resemble Jedi temples...

latest

latest

swtor-sith-academy-obelisk.jpg

Maybe there was some sort of acid rain that does a lot of damage to certain materials but leaves others unscathed.

Or the rest of the tower was made of a sci fi material and it was destroyed by a sci fi weapon that only damages that material
I think maybe the most likely answer is just 'oops, they didn't think of that' :p

Like the "mystical" site. Gives me a Sith temple feel.

Are the combat maps octagonal again? This created problems in battles with multiple army stacks where the armies deployed on the flanks would start combat already engaged by the enemy. I really did not like this.

edit: even if they are octagonal, making the deployment zones larger would avoid the problem.

Are the combat maps octagonal again? This created problems in battles with multiple army stacks where the armies deployed on the flanks would start combat already engaged by the enemy. I really did not like this.

edit: even if they are octagonal, making the deployment zones larger would avoid the problem.

Umm...hexagonal you mean?

Either way, maps are larger now. Check out the various recent vids.

Out of the tactical maps that was teased, I have to admit I am liking what I am seeing. Would there any any chance that there would be buildings with multiple layers in it? Elevation appears to have an impact on accuracy, which gives the maps a interesting dynamic. I think it would be unique to see the city tactical maps have buildings in them that have a couple floors to them.

Out of the tactical maps that was teased, I have to admit I am liking what I am seeing. Would there any any chance that there would be buildings with multiple layers in it? Elevation appears to have an impact on accuracy, which gives the maps a interesting dynamic. I think it would be unique to see the city tactical maps have buildings in them that have a couple floors to them.

I don't think we've seen those in videos. I think elevation here = higher accuracy.

I haven't seen the extra range bonus from being on a wall in any of the videos, which makes sense as that is more a medieval warfare type thing.