About Discount Strength of DLCs and Game Version

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Peter JY

Recruit
8 Badges
May 20, 2020
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
Some days ago, there is a discount on Steam, the main part of CSL was -75%, but most of the DLCs, such as Parklife, GreenCity, was just -50%. Can it be less money in discount? All of the DLCs will be -75% or more?
And there is also a piece of advice, is that can Paradox open the game version fallback channel? Many Mods is incompatible with the latest version, and I want to play the older version.

As more discount essentially means less income for the developers, I doubt that this sounds attractive for Paradox :).
But I think for some people(like me), more than 200RMB for all the expansions (in discount) is too expensive. So I think can Paradox give more Preferential Strength (maybe spells this), and they can choose to give less discount times to balance the income between less less money and normal less money.

In general newer expansions will have a smaller discount than older ones. I doubt that will change much.

And there is also a piece of advice, is that can Paradox open the game version fallback channel? Many Mods is incompatible with the latest version, and I want to play the older version.
It is Colossal Order who would have to do that, and given they haven't so far I doubt it will happen now. PDS already do that for all their games.

You could update the affected mods to work on the new game version!

But I think for some people(like me), more than 200RMB for all the expansions (in discount) is too expensive. So I think can Paradox give more Preferential Strength (maybe spells this), and they can choose to give less discount times to balance the income between less less money and normal less money.

Just remember, you don't need any of the expansions. They have some nice options, but none are essential. Plus there are a lot of free things in the workshop. Assets rarely break during expansions. But mods will, so be leery using any mods. They aren't needed to make the game work. Everything in-game is working as it is suppose to. There is a rather large learning curve to the game, as agent based simulators are new and not very intuitive to learn.

Try just the base game for a few cities until you learn how the agents work and you'll find you don't need anything but cosmetic mods and assets for this game. So you may need a RAM update if you get addicted to this game like everyone else. lol