• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If Dailer-Benz is your best encryption researcher I really must advice you not to send anything secret through air waves. Is Zuse not a development team?

Unfortunately, Zuse is not available. I don't remember if this is because of the mod, or if he will appear later in game. Dailer-Benz is so far my best team for that. :eek:o

ffvkL1E.jpg

Last edited:
No torps on those Uboots?

This a secret (lack of) weapon. As I explained to Surt, 'We are of peace. Always!', and this is an underwater cargo fleet...

Ok, here are my reasons.
1. I needed the tech teams to work on other things
2. I want to develop the Torpedo 1935 (the next tech is in 1943), so it will be quite fast to get it later since we are already in 1938.
3. Torpedoes require 140 days to be built, as opposed to 355 days for Sub VI. I can easily catch up, build the torpedoes and attach them later.
4. Anyway, I won't move any submarine to the Atlantic before that France is no longer a threat. And I want to be sure that I will be able to use the French naval bases. So, it absolutely doesn't matter if the first series of submarines are not armed.

I am leaving for a trip tomorrow for 2 weeks. I have some updates ready, and I will try to post a new one everyday, if that is possible. But expect days without any update.
I have played up to right before Poland, and I have all the material ready. This update is the 36th. There will be 14 more before Poland. I hope nobody will drop reading because of old age. :unsure:

rhrCiuq.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't realise that you had been this peaceful, so you hadn't upgraded any of your boy scouts to the newest field excursion by the sea yet!

Meh it´s obvious the submarines would be used to watch whales and make some nice action movies. So much misunderstanding :(

Dunno how is balance in this game but in all others like Arsenal of Democracy and HOI 3 I never bothered with fortifications. Are they really necessary? They didn´t come cheap.

Necessary? No. Worth it? Probably not. Powerful? Yes. Each level of fortification reduces enemy effectiveness by 10% if I recall correctly. They can be degraded through fighting or air attacks, but attacking into fortifications really is a huge pain in the ass. Each fort will probably free up a division or two for action against Poland. Though they'll be worthless once Germany attacks France through the low countries.

So, have a nice trip wherever you're going ;) I'll be looking forward to further updates.

Last edited:
So you aren´t happy only with tourist trips with submarines, you also want people to see the whales from the air? How lovely! Germany will be great tourist´s Reich :)

Will the flights also include throwing bread baskets at Royal Navy battleships? Seriously, 8 NAVs is a lot... pretend visiting the brits in 1940?

Last edited:
I didn't realise that you had been this peaceful, so you hadn't upgraded any of your boy scouts to the newest field excursion by the sea yet!
For any update (except for air units and I may be wrong in that case), I will stop one step before the last and best level reached. For example, I will stop the upgrade up to INF36 when I will get INF39. I would pay full price for INF39, but only half the price for half the duration of the upgrade (hence 1/4 of the total cost) if I stop to INF36. And it is even cheaper for older models. That is why there was no reason to rush some techs in the past (researching them later gave some speed bonus) but it is also why there is a need to rush some techs to get them just before the big push of upgrades.

Meh it´s obvious the submarines would be used to watch whales and make some nice action movies. So much misunderstanding :(

Dunno how is balance in this game but in all others like Arsenal of Democracy and HOI 3 I never bothered with fortifications. Are they really necessary? They didn´t come cheap.

Necessary? No. Worth it? Probably not. Powerful? Yes. Each level of fortification reduces enemy effectiveness by 10% if I recall correctly. They can be degraded through fighting or air attacks, but attacking into fortifications really is a huge pain in the ass. Each fort will probably free up a division or two for action against Poland. Though they'll be worthless once Germany attacks France through the low countries.
It is primordial to prevent an attack from the French when Germany will invade Poland. They will attack only if they reach a given ratio of troops. And they will need an even greater ratio if the Germans have fortifications. Keep in mind that the 'Gamble' event takes into account the total losses after that it is triggered. Having 10k casualties against the French may translate into a failure for keep losses low enough.

So, have a nice trip wherever you're going ;) I'll be looking forward to further updates.
Thank you!

So you aren´t happy only with tourist trips with submarines, you also want people to see the whales from the air? How lovely! Germany will be great tourist´s Reich :)

Will the flights also include throwing bread baskets at Royal Navy battleships? Seriously, 8 NAVs is a lot... pretend visiting the brits in 1940?
Lol, in French, "to receive bread loafs" means "getting hit". I may oblige.
8 NAVs can't be ready in 1940. I can adjust the length of the serie depending on the context.

iaxF7Fb.jpg

Last edited:
Are the flak guns any good in this game? I always kind of ignored AA guns (as province improvements) and relied on interceptor units.

Are the flak guns any good in this game? I always kind of ignored AA guns (as province improvements) and relied on interceptor units.
Flak guns only decrease enemy air units' effectiveness in the province, so IMHO AA is only useful in high-IC areas and strategic locations like a province with a reactor.

Nice Heinz and Focke really hit the spot there, Werner is 3rd air choise?
Depending of the skills required, he was first choice in that case. This kind of tech teams can be ex aequo with another one sometimes, but the other one can be used somewhere else as well. In that case, I will always prefer using the first one.

Flak guns only decrease enemy air units' effectiveness in the province, so IMHO AA is only useful in high-IC areas and strategic locations like a province with a reactor.
Unless it has been modified, AA inflicts some damages as well. Not a lot at once, but quite a lot on the long term. It was like that with HOI2 at least. And, if they can, enemy bombers tend to avoid provinces with AA from what I have seen. This can be used to funnel enemy air units where I want.

sZEnWQX.jpg

Last edited:
My heart is warmed by the knowledge that you'll put the Czech tanks to a good use defeating the traitorous Western allies... ;)

My heart is warmed by the knowledge that you'll put the Czech tanks to a good use defeating the traitorous Western allies... ;)
They are currently so much better than the German's ones.
BUT....
...what we all know is that doctrine matters more than big guns...
...except for sure when Germany has bigger guns but less advanced doctrines... :)
...HENCE...

Vjp297l.jpg

Last edited: