• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Does Carolus totally rule, 1337 Haxx0rz!?

• Yes, he sure is the 1337!

Votes: 1 100,0%
  • My cat is more 1337 than he!

Votes: 0 0,0%

• Total voters
While I wait for warspite to help me w/ polls, I'll ask for nominees for the first category: Beta AARs (pre-release only). Anyone who's nominated will be on the poll, and perhaps some people who aren't, if I find any others. I think I'll do one poll per month to cover one of the categories, and one additional poll a month for best aar started that month. What do you all think?

And don't forget to nominate!

In the next couple of weeks I'm going to start up the 'AAR of the Week' and my 'New Author of the Week' selections. I'm just waiting for some more entries. Recommendations are welcome.

Confusion on Austrian Difficulity

I'm a bit confused. The difficulity and A.I. Agresiveness are both on Hard. I had some problems with stability in the easrly 16th centuary. but by now, there's very little resistance. I'm speaking mostly of Western and Middle Europe.

http://www.angelfire.com/emo/Squad/austria.jpg

I seemed to gain a lot of Cassus Belli against the nations around me and after they all changed their religion, I could conquour without a loss of stability. As the picture shows, the only unafiliated nations really left in Western Europe, all the wat to Thrace are;
Burgundy with two provines, France with one, and Aaragon with four.

My alliance with England who has a few provinces, and the French Catholics are the major power with six. Venice, my vassal, has about six as well. Sweeden is kicking butt up North, but I can't deal with them yet as their also in my alliance. Polland has done nothing the entire game and just sits their a buffer between me and the East. Spain sent about fifty years in a rebellion that would not end since the Cannaries never rebelled so the governement was never broken. Since they turned to my vassal via the event generator, I went in a "liberated" their provinces for them, err. me.

So, my question being is this difficulity normal? This says nothing to my huge number of colonies and trading posts in North and South America and Africa. Is the "very hard" difficulity a lot more difficult or just a little more? Any advise or suggestions are appreicated.

-Guan

Until the next patch (1.02) comes out I wouldn't recommend playing a major. In most games it's just too easy. Try playing a minor and see how it turns out. There are a number of issues about playability that you can read about it the general discussion threads. I tried to look at your screen shot but it didn't work for me. If you've become a large power then the other countries won't DOW you something that is being fixed in the next patch. Again try a minor like Prussia of maybe one of the provinces in Russia.

Joe

Thanks for the reply. I did start with Novogord. It wasn't as easy. But still pretty simple to pacifise poland/lith and then the HRE. Guess I'll start to rebuild the Bavarian Empire. Thanks again.

-Guan

Ahh, aparently the link does not work, however if you cut it and open it in another browser it does work. Quite odd.

-Guan

Idiotboy: Flattery will almost get you anywhere, but I'd rather concentrate on some other well deserving choices. As it is I'm going to put it off for another week or so until we get some more AARs posted.

warspite and I would like to track those AARs that have been completed and create a special link page for them.

So with that being said, can anyone who completes their AAR PM me and I'll add it to an on-going list for posterity's sake.

Thanks kindly. :cool:

Multiplayer AAR: The Hungarian Clan

I had no intention of writing an AAR on our recent MP game, but as I was encouraged by others to do so, I will give it a try, in the hope that there might be some new tricks to be learnt, and MP expirience to be gained for others.

Welcome, kings, warriors, travellers, wanderers, dreamers, artists, and all those who, in some way or another, have courage to follow their own wanderlust. Even You, members of the once mighty Deshi-Bahini Clan can :D come forward to hear what I have to tell, for this is a tale even beyond Your imagination.:D

I hope you enjoy this tale! Be my guest!

Last Sunday our glorious Clan met again to fight it out amongst ourselves, this time, however was different as it was our first "tournament" with EUII. Settings were:

Patch: 1.01. Very hard, aggressive, 1 minute 4 months (we did not have any problems with this, although we were used to 1/2 with EUI) annual autosave, otherwise default. (music turned off, in order to enhance gameplay)

We have randomly decided to play with the following countries (I will use the real names in the case of those 2 gents who are not active members to this forum):

England: Kalpeti
France: Zsolo
Castile: Attila the Hun
Austria: Zoli
Ottoman Empire: Bálint

Note, that for ideological reasons (should I say Clan ordinance) we did not select Hungary as Human controlled as we feel it's settings
are so unhistorical at present that we refuse to include it in "our" tournaments until the next patches, where we hope to see some serious
corrections. (this is not a threat, nor a pressure, thus should not regarded offensive!!)
;)

This is just a brief summery of the major events that happened, from my (Castile's) perspective, including some of my comments, so I would be glad if Kalpeti and Zsolowould write a brief summery from their perspectives.

My major goal was the reunification of the Iberian peninsula under the Castilian flag as soon as possible, even if this meant waging wars. There is obviously the "Viva Espana" event around 1470s, but I did not want to wait that long especially knowing of Zsolo's (France) ambitions to drive Kalpeti (England) from the mainland for good, and reunite France ASAP. A strong France would obviously interfere in our plans, as I had the intention to intervene on either side of the 100 years war too (nice southern provinces to be gained: Guyanne?? or Languadoc??? or Provence?? hehe), but I needed to get rid of the potential trouble spots at home: Granada, and Aragon. Portugal was no threat, and I needed them to explore the world, in order to get Maps, so I did not want to take away resources, and money from them, thus no war against them. Navarra was destined to become my vassal. This was my initial plan for the coming 30 years. Good solid wars, no major problems, especially not with major powers. (Boy, how I was wrong!!!!)

1419-1422: I have used my 200D to send an insult to Aragon (relations dropped from 200 to 145), in order to avoid a further 1 point drop of stability, when declaring war against someone you have +150 relations, and built a 10k force in Cantabria, additional to my 40k army in the south. In the course of summer we have been invited into the alliance lead by the Knights (Portugal, Mameluks!??!!), and immediately after that declared war on Aragon (without allies at that time), without inviting my allies. (wanted to avoid the peace bug, see above). I have managed to conquer mainland Aragon until the year was over. Everything went according to expectations: England annihilated all french troops in the north, and conquered all of northern France, annexed Orleans, France had to give up Lyon to Burgundy in exchange for peace, Ottomans attacked Byzanthium, only Austria remained quiet during the year.

1423-1426: After conquering the remaining islands, Aragon finally sued for peace, thus I took from them Rousillon (although not a core province of Castile, but I have considered this to be my "new" frontier with France, obviously much to the anger of France, being one of its core provinces). In the meantime while Ottomans grew stronger taking away two provinces of Byzanthium (something the AI never does), Austria remained quiet again, did not do much (what were they up to???), whereas the northern conflict was to have its tragic turn! At the most decisive battle, Zsolo's (France) last army (made of about 20k cavalry and 10k infra, as it turned out to be later on) completely annihilated the main English force at Guyenne, killing an army about the same size and 2 named English leaders. (This was to be a black day for England) Virtually without facing an opposition the French have begun their march back north.

1427-1429: Castile recieved de Luna a great leader thus the Granada campaign could be launched (again without my allies). We did not meet much resistance at Gibraltar, nor Granada, as the main Granada force moved north, and tried (without much success) to capture Andalusia. Due to very low supply limits I have only used the smallest required force for the sieges (5-6k) and marched my main army with de Lune north, to crush Granada in Andalusia. Although they had roughly the same force, Granada was almost completely annihilated by de Luna as we had cavalry superiority (about 18 k cavalry and 10k infra). Shortly after Granada sued for peace handing me over Gibraltar and 150D. Unfortunately the northern conflict ended with a horror: England was not able to regain strength and was even threatend of being invaded by Scotland. France offered a peace which to my shock England accepted: Normandy, Calais, Caux, and Orleans were handed over to France!!!!!! (I was shattered by the news, France rose from the ashes!!!!) Ottomans annexed Albania, and Austria finally showed its capabilities: They (Zoli) have used a brilliant tactic: vassalised Bavaria, and Mantua, allied with Venice entered into 3 wars, and Austria let her allies do the job: Austria instead of taking provinces himself gave conquered provinces to Bavaria, and Mantova, and vassalised the remining 1 province. Thus Bavaria got 1 province from Switzerland, and Savoy, while they all became vassals to Austria. In doing so Austria got 4 vassals and lot of income, without the worry to put down rebelling provinces in newly conquered lands. This he left to her allies. (During the year Austria bega to build an Arts Academy in Vienna!!!)

to be followed.....

Ta Da!

I come to announce the beginning of a new AAR...

I don't have a title....

I don't know what my aims will be....

But i will play as...

The might power of Cologne!!!

Should be fun... if not a little testing... we will see... I will get started tonight... anyone with recommendations on how to write one of these things... I know we like Screenies... but shold i take notes as i go, or just use the history log?