• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ericyuen

Sergeant
85 Badges
Oct 23, 2008
zh-classical.wikipedia.org
  • Rome Gold
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • For the Motherland
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
Dear PDS,

I love the map! Thanks a lot to PSD. But, for Modders' health, please do not make some important islands (Venice, Macau, Zanzibar etc) too big, and try the best to present all islands on the map. You know a Rome/CK2 like map is really hard to mod pretty:wacko:. Please!

Love you all PDS members!:laugh:

Regard,
Erico

they have the make them larger than is accurate otherwise you would be unable to click on them

But, Macau and Venice are too big now. If I want to make a MOD in an early era, it's not easy to remove Macau.

If I want to make a MOD to show how Portugal meet Ming, I won't find the islands...

If it's like previous Clausewitz engine games, and chances are it will be, editing the shape or removing a single province should be a relatively straightforward task.

this small islands are possible with more zoom.
I dislike this map, because is the same of EUIII, maybe later we can found more provinces and islands

It's an early piece of work. They're likely to alter the map as they get further along in development.

Mind you, I don't like the tiny islands in the carribean, especially when trying to colonise them or play rebel squashing.

Mind you, I don't like the tiny islands in the carribean, especially when trying to colonise them or play rebel squashing.

Here is to hoping that armies don't always need a fleet to cross to certain lands. In CK2 I like how you could often hop armies over small pieces of water (like between Gibraltar and Tangiers or Ireland and Scotland) offcourse against a time penalty (and an artrition penalty maybe?). This would defenitly improve the caribean experience and would make for some nice Indonesian conquest.

And if they bring back naval blockades like EU3 had but CK2 didn't, maybe they could change it a bit. Instead of making 1 cog block your massive armada maybe a +0.5% crossing artrition for each big ship and 0.1% for each small ship. This won't stop you from a silly cog but would make you think twice before trying to slip by the venetian fleet.

To get back to the OP, I don't think the engine will allow scaleable island size (if you zoom in they become smaller like in reality but if you're zoomed out they grow a bit for a better overview) wich would solve the realisticnes vs easyness problem.

You could cluster several close together islands and make it so that clicking the see in or near them selects the land province and not the sea province and maybe have their flag projected on the clickable sea part (with a nice under water effect not to be to prominent in sight). This would allow small island while still maintaining overview.

I'm skeptical about this (the OP). Markusw7 is right, it's already too hard to click on the map; the worst of any EU game.

One thing which would help would be having different mapmodes default to which item you get when you click a location. EUII had one mode where units didn't show up at all, making it easier to select a province. This should be taken further. There should be modes which default to the province view, some where you get armies, some fleets, etc. Every possibility should be provided for.

Here is to hoping that armies don't always need a fleet to cross to certain lands. In CK2 I like how you could often hop armies over small pieces of water (like between Gibraltar and Tangiers or Ireland and Scotland) offcourse against a time penalty (and an artrition penalty maybe?). This would defenitly improve the caribean experience and would make for some nice Indonesian conquest.

That would be a terrible design decision. It's not "nice". If you want something to be "nice" and easy to conquer, why don't we just give the player 1000 regiments from the start so he can steamroll the whole world?

In fact, I dislike some straits all together. You can't cross kilometers of water, even if it looks narrow, without any boats. The only exceptions might be places like Constantinople. Definitely not the Gibraltar Strait.

That would be a terrible design decision. It's not "nice". If you want something to be "nice" and easy to conquer, why don't we just give the player 1000 regiments from the start so he can steamroll the whole world?

In fact, I dislike some straits all together. You can't cross kilometers of water, even if it looks narrow, without any boats. The only exceptions might be places like Constantinople. Definitely not the Gibraltar Strait.

You've got a point. Buonoparte would've loved such a rule for the Dover strait.