• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Many tantalizing hints in this chapter of events both past and to come.

The fate of Old Miresh will certainly be a sobering wakeup call about humanity's place in the universe. If the present enemy is at just a fraction of their old strength, which was wiped out without a trace so casually, then who knows what eldritch and titanic powers are still lurking out there, yet to be discovered -- or awakened?

More immediately, it looks like Suharto is moving his pieces in position for a big power play. With his most prominent opponents discredited and the opposition fragmented, he'll never have a better opportunity to seize absolute power for himself, if that is his end game.

If Suharto has been bought by the wealthy Inner Circle setting up an oligarchy for the wealthy is certainly in the cards.
Unless more hints are dropped his eventual plan will remain a surprise though.

Cold war inter-spaced with hot ones
Elves. Ooof. :oops:
Most excellent. It's a delight to read, as always. :)
So great to see this back. My favourite AAR of all time :)
I'm really glad you're enjoying this little story attempt of mine.

I think Stansfield and this admiral are quite similar in some regards. They both have a frank honesty about them.

Maybe they are fighting too many wars?
We're sure to find out, aren't we?
Many tantalizing hints in this chapter of events both past and to come.

The fate of Old Miresh will certainly be a sobering wakeup call about humanity's place in the universe. If the present enemy is at just a fraction of their old strength, which was wiped out without a trace so casually, then who knows what eldritch and titanic powers are still lurking out there, yet to be discovered -- or awakened?

More immediately, it looks like Suharto is moving his pieces in position for a big power play. With his most prominent opponents discredited and the opposition fragmented, he'll never have a better opportunity to seize absolute power for himself, if that is his end game.
The galaxy is a cold, dark, place, and the Confederation has barely explored any of it.
If Suharto has been bought by the wealthy Inner Circle setting up an oligarchy for the wealthy is certainly in the cards.
Unless more hints are dropped his eventual plan will remain a surprise though.
I expect there will be several power plays throughout the Confederation. With several new factions growing, the old parties will need to solidify their position. Oligarchs enjoy wealth and have little regard for the rules of the masses. Suharto can work into several directions from here.

Stansfield may, I feel, be getting a useful education on courtly manners, since Suharto seems to be the sort to rather like a court.

I'm really curious to the why myself, it's not only Stansfield. :)

This tale is so very interesting, I have rapt attention put into this one, nice job.

Hello. It's been a while hasn't it.

Sadly, I've decided that I will not be continuing the story as is. With the game continuously updating, it is difficult for me to retain the same version, while the updates pump out new features which would make the experience more enjoyable for me, as well as would add to the story.

As a result, I've decided that I will be restarting the story under a new thread sometime during June. I've learned alot from my previous two goes at an AAR, and I think that I finally have a genuine idea for the story I wish to write, as well as the kind of content I would feel comfortable putting out there. Thanks a lot for reading my AAR, and I hope to see you on it's reboot soon.

Sad to see this go, I really liked where it was going. See you June then!

We look forward to a new an improved story, many authors rewrite their stores many times before publishing, just look at Tolkien :)

ps.
Remember to post here and link to the new story.

As above -- saddened as I am to hear of this tale's end (for the moment), I'm grateful that you decided to let us know, and not just let it molder away.

Do let us know when the reboot hits -- I'm looking forward to seeing more of Captain Stanfield and the Warlord, in whatever form they may take :)

Quite understandable.

Well, it's sad to see an AAR go just as the story is getting interesting... Good luck with the reboot, though!