• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(596)

First Lieutenant
Dec 27, 2000
Visit site
I played as Wales and about every 6 months the game took a loan automatically, at first I thought it was cool because it's free money. But then I went bankrupt, so fix this bug please.
:)

P.S: Is there any way to give Wales a more pleasant color in the political map? I hate seeing that awful pale orange.

------------------
- 'Quand je mourrai, je resterai dans l'esprit des gens l'étoile de la justice, mon nom sera le cri de guerre de leurs efforts, la parole de leurs espoirs.'

- Napoléon Bonaparte, Empereur des Français.

[This message has been edited by Empereur Napoléon (edited 16-01-2001).]

Originally posted by Empereur Napoléon:
P.S: Is there any way to give Wales a more pleasant color in the political map? I hate seeing that awful pale orange.

Nothing wrong with Orange I'd say :D
Red would suit Wales better though, but then they'd be the same color as big neighbour England.

greetings, Oranje

------------------
Common sense is the set of prejudices acquired at age eighteen.
Albert Einstein

The orange in the game is ugly, too pale, maybe if they made it brighter with more gleam to it it would be great. Don't get me wrong, orange is a great color, just not this one.
I hope paradox can fix this slight (and probably easy to change) problem in the next patch.

Originally posted by Empereur Napoléon:
I played as Wales and about every 6 months the game took a loan automatically, at first I thought it was cool because it's free money. But then I went bankrupt, so fix this bug please.
:)

I am not all that sure it is a bug. You play a very small country yes? Then you have to balance your monthly budget carefully. If you run a deficiet you'll be forced to take these loans.

Had a hell with Oman last week... :)

/Greven

How would editing cause an automatic loan for you? I don't know what I could have done to cause that.

I haven't tried playing as Wales yet. I have played that edited version as Sweden and haven't had that problem. And Wales is doing OK in my game. Hmmmm....

I don't think it has anything to do with editing, but the fact that Wales don't make to much money. If you reduce your costs i.e. don't take any loans, scrap all your armies and navies you should be able to get through without any automatic loans :)

or better still increase your income.......doesn't those English lands to the east look rich ;)

[This message has been edited by Fossa (edited 17-01-2001).]

I gave them a slight head start in trade tech so they could try to gain income that way, but maybe they need a little more help.

Wonder if the automatic loans have something to do with making Wales a vassal of England?

[This message has been edited by Tom (edited 17-01-2001).]

It´s as simple as this: If Your monthly balance is on the negative side, this money will be subtracted from Your treasury next month. If there´s not enough money in the treasury, You will automatically take a loan. So always be carefull, whenever Your treasury is low, because taking an unintended loan can be quite annoying...

Regards, Hartmann

Ah, I believe that answers it. If you do not have enough monthly income to support the cost of your units, you must be forced to take a loan. I have a negative monthly balance which readjusts itself when I hit 0 treasury, but my monthly income is much more than the cost of my units, so it just subtracts a little from my infrastructure development.

I could give Wales a bit more starting money, but I gave them some traders to begin with, so the goal was to use the money in the bank to establish a good position in trading posts, thereby giving a good monthly income.

[This message has been edited by Tom (edited 19-01-2001).]