• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What about having certain events for certain countries for getting the CP into power...
However, when they are in power have a set of universal communist events?

Event ideas:
-Formation of the Comintern (alliance with Soviet Russia, triggers check if nation is communist then asks if they want to join)
-The Communist events in that thread for all nations
-Anarchist revolutions
-Supporting counter-revolutions?? (other nations maybe)

There is one problem with the first event, and that is that we will have to code TONNES of events, one for each country... unless we have it as an invention...

Hmm...good point.

Maybe if we make a tech activated by the formation of the Comintern which gives you an alliance with the Soviets?

We can make it an invention, like the civilizing event:

Code:
event = { 
	id = xxx
	random = no
        invention = yes

trigger = {
		event = xxx #USSR formation of the comintern
                constitution = { type = proletarian_dictatorship }
                exists = RUS
        }

date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1919 }
	offset = 15
	deathdate = { day = 1 month = january year = 1934 }

name = "Joining the Comintern"
	desc = "Upon the sucess of the Revolution, the Soviet union has wired our government a telegram, inviting us into the Comintern."
	style = 0

action_a = {
		name = "We will join the Comintern" 
		command = { type = alliance which = RUS value = 0 when = 1 }
        }
        action_b = {
                name = "No, thanks" 
                command = { type = relation which = RUS value = -100 }
	}
}

Might want to add militancy (maybe +1) for Communists with the B choice as well. After all, they might want a more Soviet-aligned government installed.

Good event though...I had forgotten about the 'event = xxx' trigger, since I just use the event command event trigger.

There is only one problem with this, and that is that even if I trigger the commie eventmanually, it still doesn´t trigger.

(are inventions semi-random?)