[1861] World in Revolution 1861 Information & OOC Thread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Frymonmon

President of California
29 Badges
Jul 21, 2010
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • March of the Eagles
  • Lead and Gold
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • For the Motherland
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Cities: Skylines
T2Jvm5E.jpg

Embassies

These are threads for a player to post regarding their own nation. They may be used for internal ICs, general information, a table of contents for any IC's made in other threads, as well as the conduct of foreign policy between nations. I ask for this game that it is prefaced with "[1861]" so that the United Kingdom's would look like "[1861] The Court of St. James"

International Relations
This thread will be used for all IC (In Character) content that is broadcasted on a world or regional stage. By all accounts, this is the thread where "normal" IC that we are used to in the old single-thread games. The introduction of embassies simply makes diplomatic exchanges between two countries more fluid and realistic, as actual discussions take place in this thread.

Important Event
This is a new category, which will be marked off with its own thread. These are what we had once known as "Minis" or "Mini-Updates." They now gain their own thread for people to respond to and raise issues about, making it a singular place where people can react to events, their reactions recorded and understood by all. To give an example of how it would be formatted, the Battle of Gettysburg would look like this: "[1861 IE] Battle of Gettysburg."

International Conferences & Peace Negotiations
There is currently no thread for this, as the participant nations must make them when the time comes. In such cases, threads, in the case of Peace Negotiations, will be made by an arbitrating party (as is the norm with peace deals), and the two sides will come to the thread and discuss what needs to be discussed for a treaty. The Treaty that results from this may be posted in another thread where it can be ratified and kept of notice so it does not get buried. For International Conferences, such as the Congress of Berlin for example, can be posted and similarly discussed. For this game, all threads posted should have the preface "[1861]" posted with it. In this case, if the Congress of Berlin was held in 1888, it would look like "[1861] The Congress of Berlin (1888)"

IRC & World in Revolution: 1861 Mk. III
Here is yet another big change that will be taking place. I would like to ask that most, if not all, IC discussion over the IRC client be ceased. I would like for them to take place in embassies and through the mechanisms here in the thread. As such, talks that take place over IRC, if discovered, will be punished. We did not move to a subforum for everyone to discuss behind closed doors. If discussing sensitive matters do it using secret or private notes on embassies. For the purpose of the game, they can never be used by another player, and if they do use it, they are expelled and banned from the game.

General Rules & Participation Information
1. Do not post in the "News from around the Globe" or "National Statistics" threads.
2. Some form of IC is mandatory every two weeks.
3. Anyone may join as a statless nation. This means that you may post an embassy, engage in diplomatic affairs, have things you do be mentioned in the update, and for all intents and purposes, you will be that nation. However, you will not have any stats with the nation. This is good for players who like to IC and have some form of impact on the game. You could be crucial for the establishment of alliances and the very flow of the game. You may open an embassy to participate, and you may IC as if you were a nation with stats.
4. Political Movements are playable, as are rebel groups. If you are playing as a rebel group, and you topple the nation's government, you will assume the position of playing as that country, but you must have already directed the movement from some point in its existence through IC here in the subforum.
5. ALL IC MUST EITHER BE IN ENGLISH OR HAVE AN ENGLISH TRANSLATION. NO EXCEPTIONS.
6. The only things posted with the spoiler tag are to be private communications or things kept secret. Anything else is barred from being posted in spoiler tags, and will be considered secret, meaning it has no effect on the game.

Last edited:
This was posted shortly ago on irc.

[18:16] <Fryazan> i have a message here from my father
[18:19] <Fryazan> My friends, if you have read this it means that I have passed on. I want to thank all of you with all of my soul for being my friends near the end of my life. I could list the names, but it would be too long. I thought of each and everyone of you when I wrote this. I thank you all, good bye, and god bless you

I don't currently have any answers to any questions anyone might have and am just relaying what was said on irc atm.

This...Is shocking. It feels unreal. I always had a gut feeling that the internet as a place full of young people such as myself, which I couldn't shake. And a death in an internet community, especially an untimely one, made that seem unfathomable to me.

Thank you, Fry, for running your games. Thank you for having me in them. May your soul rest in peace. If any of his next of kin reads this somehow: My thoughts are with you, and I wish you all the best in this difficult period.

Last edited:
I am hoping to cobble together a GMing breakdown this weekend and maybe we can get a mini or 2 done next week. As much as possible I will copy stats from 1861 mk2. If anyone playing a nation with stats is pulling out please let us know, otherwise atm I am assuming all players are still wanting to give this a try. As far as nations without stats, for now no new nations but once we get everything lined up we can likely add more. I hope that maybe we can add military stats to everyone so at least the nations without stats can fight a war with war orders if needs be but atm its just a hope since we have very little done atm obviously.

I guess we need to reestablish the game.

I guess we need to reestablish the game.

No one who played this wants to on these forums, and Fry (who is alive turns out) isn't doing this again

By all means though you can reestablish it if you want. No one will stop you!