• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello when will this patch be setup on the Gamersgate site because my winzip download doesnt seem to accept it. Keeps coming up with different error messages. Unless someone knows how to get round this will it be possible to have it on the Gamersgate site where i got it from thanks.

Hello ive sorted it out now. I had the original game on my external drive which did work and downloading the patches issued on Gamersgate, but it doesnt work well with thw winzip or winrar downloads. So i had to uninstall then reinstall on a folder i created on my C directory as im using wins Vistas and thats funny with winzip files as well on the program directory. I have now installed the games and downloaded the 1.08 patch. One final thing is it alright to use this patch with the Iron Cross game? I have downloaded the patch onto the game but it shows up with a checksum code GILD. If it doesnt work shall i just keep the Iron Cross mod on 1.07 patch then? Let me know anyone thanks.

Hello thanks but my computer doesnt seem to enjoy loading up the game with this latest patch. It makes a lot of noise and takes a long time or might not even load up at all. And i also get a warning message about loading this game from my computer's administrator so i hope its safe or i ll have to go back to the 1.07 again as it seems to be the official patch it seems.

Hello thats what i was trying to explain in my previous message. Because its not always easy to download patches for games that are setup under the Program Files. Instead i setup a folder with the games title on my core C root directory where i have no trouble downloading patches onto game files. It seems to be working alright now. One final thing for future installing patches for the AoD game. Does one only need to install this latest patch and not the previous 1.07 patch, i.e the 1.08 patch incorporates all the previous game changes? Thanks for the help anyway.

How does this work for installing? I have the game on steam...

il recommend this program for it. http://winmerge.org/ winmerge will make a judgement for what files is new and older. its send files from patch : 1.8 folder to where you have it installed. you must show the program where to update.

You should not do it this way, I currently see no indication this patch has been sent to other distributors like Gamersgate or Steam. There's no problem using the zipped version on retail or gamersgate version but there is a problem for Steam. You may install it to a Steam version but if you verify game content for AoD it will revert back to the 1.07 Steam version.
The best way for Steam is to copy the whole AoD game folder to a new location, apply the patch to this copy and use only this version for playing.

Hi I'm new to AoD, bought it on offer (GamersGate) and then came here for the patch :) There are no installation instructions whatsoever, so what I did is copy & paste the contents into my installation and chose to overwrite every time there was a conflict.

This seems to work. I can start games and the opening menu says it is version 1.08 and has the right checksum. One thing though, my sliders are not "advances" even though I have ticked the box to have advance sliders. Am I missing something here?

Thanks

I noticed this too - tick the uppermost box in the list for "Auto set production sliders" to make the red & green arrows appear. I think that's different than 1.07, but I always play with auto set on so there's no difference for me...

I just upgraded to 1.08. On the unit icons, what is the symbol to the left of the range, represented by the three semicircles?
The radius, i.e. the maximum range that unit (either air or naval) can reach.