• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Please show me how to patch of AoD.

I use a program called winmerge that allows me to send the new files from 1.8 folder to the current AOD-paradox folder.

step 1. open and unzip 1.8, step 2.open winmerge step 3. send the files from the folder to the aod game files. In winmerge its called sending from the left(aod.patch) to right(game).

http://winmerge.org/

Does anyone know how to improve performance? I am playing on a i7 with an on-board card and the game flies but at home with my i7 (windows 8) and a GeForce, the game lags!!!

I am running the game as Admin and set it to 16 bit colours with Win 98 compatibility but to no avail...

Is this on single or multi-player? SP should be able to run at any speed (at least, until you're at war anyway). MP can only run at Normal speed at best.

I'm unable to download the 1.08 patch; the download keeps prematurely quitting (eventually, after downloading at a glacial pace), and the .rar file ends up being incomplete/corrupt.

Does anyone have it anywhere and is willing to upload to it a mirror?