• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just finished my first game as Germany (H/F). Liked it very much. Random toughts:

- Combat losses are way too high! Whole divisions vanish within hours. The offensive values for all land units should be decreased, the defensive values increased. See Mathguy's posts about combat losses in real life.
- When you go for New Order as Germany, you can annex Vichy, because before Algeria is created, parts of North Africa will become US territory, which leads to the "US invaded North Africa - want to annex Vichy?" event.
- Japan never joined the Axis and did very badly, although I teched them up quite a bit. They nearly got kicked out of China in 1940 then quickly got invaded by US, Canadian and Australian forces in 1942. The last remaining provinces were nuked in 1945 and Japan was annexed by the US.
- As always, Britain doesn't defend her beaches. Invading in 1940/41 is a piece of cake. Britain should always garrison the mainland and build lots of coastal forts.
- Tanks are almost useless until you get the advanced medium tank. They get slaughtered, even by early war infantry. Hard attack values for infantry should be decreased.
- Motorized infantry is the offensive weapon of choice all the way until 1943-44. Mechanized infantry is only good for exploiting breakthroughs because of its speed.
- Right from the start Germany's got enough ICs to research almost everything simultanously, including the atomic techs. Some of the gold techs should be at least a bit more expensive to force players to focus on certain techs.
- Germany never ran out of resources, only steel is critical sometimes, but usually the trade with Sweden will deliver enough to get her through.
- Nationalist Spain behaved very oddly. After there was a land connection to North Africa, they would send all of their units to their North African provinces, then back again, then again to North Africa and so on and so on. They lost quite a few units because on their way back to the mainland they would always march through low infra desert provinces (Fort l'Allemande, I think).
- Italy does pretty well now. If supported with 6-9 divisions they can take on the Allies in North Africa.
- Partisan attacks are a pain. There should be an end date set for these events. In 1955, when the SU was long gone, Serbs were still bombing their way through their country.
- SU never accepted Bitter Peace, although I reloaded the save game several times. I was forced to annex them. Irkutsk (?) was quite hard to conquer.
- The Soviets were very passive, they never launched a counter-attack or tried to brake through the pockets I created. Almost like the AI was asleep, although I reloaded regularly to ensure it wasn't.
- With 1.06b the air force is a bad joke. No power, losses way too high. Oh, well. Not SAI's fault. :)
- I like the way manpower is created through events.
- U-boats rule the sea. A bunch of long range subs will eat up the Homefleet within weeks.
- Intercepting convoys is way too common and way too costy. On the other hand, fleets almost never seem to find each other, not even if naval bombers lead the way. Another 1.06 problem.
- Tech sharing events should be extended to 1955 if the game is meant to be played that long.

That's about all I can think of right now. All in all, SAI is the best mod I've played until now, although I haven't tried Core for some time... ;)

Triggerhappy said:
- When you go for New Order as Germany, you can annex Vichy, because before Algeria is created, parts of North Africa will become US territory, which leads to the "US invaded North Africa - want to annex Vichy?" event.
What do you mean? New Order events are independent from those triggering after US lands in North Africa.

Triggerhappy said:
- Partisan attacks are a pain. There should be an end date set for these events. In 1955, when the SU was long gone, Serbs were still bombing their way through their country.
You have to garrison key provinces to avoid partisan activity. They will last as long as you don't send troops. If you read text event, that should be clear.

Triggerhappy said:
- SU never accepted Bitter Peace, although I reloaded the save game several times. I was forced to annex them. Irkutsk (?) was quite hard to conquer.
Do you mean the event for Bitter Peace is not triggering or that USSR goes with option B?

Luxor said:
What do you mean? New Order events are independent from those triggering after US lands in North Africa.

They never landed in North Africa. New Order Events fired. France was restored. The North African Vichy provinces suddenly turned green (owned by US), the "US invaded North Africa" event fired. I chose to annex Vichy, such inheriting all of France and most of the African colonies. At the same time Algeria was created from the former US territories in Africa.

You have to garrison key provinces to avoid partisan activity. They will last as long as you don't send troops. If you read text event, that should be clear.

I know that. It's just that I think that after some time these attacks should stop. It's not a big deal. With an army of 300+ divisions surely one can afford a bunch of militia to keep the peace in former Yugoslavia. It just doesn't make any sense that years and years after the fighting ended, there still are partisans roaming parts of Yugoslavia, Hungary and Poland - but nowhere else. The whole world is at peace but the Serbs just won't stop fighting. :D

Do you mean the event for Bitter Peace is not triggering or that USSR goes with option B?

Option B. Happens more often than I like. Yes, I know, this is from Vanilla HoI.

Triggerhappy said:
They never landed in North Africa. New Order Events fired. France was restored. The North African Vichy provinces suddenly turned green (owned by US), the "US invaded North Africa" event fired. I chose to annex Vichy, such inheriting all of France and most of the African colonies. At the same time Algeria was created from the former US territories in Africa.
Ok, I found what was wrong. Event 3188003 had this trigger condition
NOT = { control = { province = 1011 data = VIC } } # Casablanca

I will change that to
OR = {
control = { province = 1011 data = USA } } # Casablanca
control = { province = 1011 data = ENG } } # Casablanca
}

This should work. When you had New Order events, Vichy was loosing northern Africa to France, and that caused event 3188003 firing. With new trigger condition, this won't happen anymore.

Triggerhappy said:
I know that. It's just that I think that after some time these attacks should stop. It's not a big deal. With an army of 300+ divisions surely one can afford a bunch of militia to keep the peace in former Yugoslavia. It just doesn't make any sense that years and years after the fighting ended, there still are partisans roaming parts of Yugoslavia, Hungary and Poland - but nowhere else. The whole world is at peace but the Serbs just won't stop fighting.
Nationalisms are very hard to die, believe me ;) . If you want to stop insurgency you have only two choices. Garrisons or give full independence to countries you annexed :D