• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi,

Not exactly feedback, but in the next version can you do anything about these foolish stacking penalties for air/naval? All they do is hamstring the computer and make for more micro for us.

Also, I had an idea that I posted in the general mods section that I thought I would bring up with you.

What about making a couple of types (the basic Cargo Barge [I think it is]) and the Attack Transport much more expensive and "declaring" that they are the only transports one should use for invasions. You can move troops with the other ships, but should only invade with these units.

I've done the mod myself, but haven't tried it yet as I'm still in a game as Russia I'd like to finish.

Stacking limits are hardcoded in the exe nothing I can do about them sorry. As for transport types there is no way to get the AI to distinguish one from the other. He will always build the one with the highest ID attached to it.

In addition to the problem with the tank tech tree being out of sync with the inf tech tree - as I described in my German report thread, there is one more thing that caugt my attention: Oil provinces are worthless. With the multipliers you now have, Ruhr is far better at producing oil than the whole of Caucasus and the Middle east combined.

I can see the reasoning for the Oil to Rubber multiplier beeing high - lack of rubber was not a problem in the same league as lack of oil for non producing countries as Germany.
My sugestion to this is to reduce the coal to oil multiplier, preferably below 1. Oil producing provinces should be better at producing oil than provinces with only coal. Historicly as moust of us know, oil was the reason for Hitler to turn to Caucasus - with the present multipliers coal producing Albania would give more oil. To compensate, increase oil to rubber even further.

I also have one wish for the British AI. Increase its willingness to defend Britain. There should be divisions in London and on all beaches at all times after the fall of France. Preferably more than one..

-The time it takes to research doctrines in still a little to quick but much better than 1.1.

-China is giving Japan a hard time

-Britain needs to strat bomb more

-(Question) Why is the U.K. sooooo attached to the balkans? Every game (also in CORE) the U.K. invades the balkans and doesn't move much there

-Other than that, it's a real nice inprovement than 1.1

i think the tech research cost needs to be raised slightly by 1 or 2 in my german game i was able to research every tech in the game all out once without stoping untell 1947 not to mention i had an atom bomb in 1946, also i dont wana complane but a few of the french tank spirites are pritty bad, ive tryed making spirites my self and i know its no easy task to turn out something good but mabey u can borrow spirites from some other gamne or patch and give them credit for thier work, also i think that you should have an option to create pakistan along with india and dont forget to make thiers ai,s hate each other, also also for all thoes former soviet countries ie kazzakstan uzbekistan so on that can bearly upg any of thier provences, when they are created have an event that makes it so they can build in all thier provences, just so they can improve their country. i tryed just making them all upgradable in my hoi from the start didnt turn out to well set off the balence between ger and sov, i have my self never seen a event to incrase the resource value in a provence, but if you can make one you should do it for when the minor countrys are created because the majority of them have like no resources in their land so they practicly useless when created, i guess thats all and by the way great mod

There is no way, via events, to place resources in a county. You having the atom bomb by 1946 is a WAD.

I been thinking of adding fake gold techs to the tech tree to give techs after 1947 etc... since you can not have more gold techs than vanilla HoI.

Fake Gold Tech: A regular gold tech that has the same IC cost and buildtime as a regular gold tech and all techs that need it have a requirement for it there by simulating a gold tech.

I have played 3 games as Italy and 2 games as Germany.

Only once out of the five times, has France gone with the Vichy option. Have i just been unlucky in this?

There has not been an UK garrison in Malta once, and whilst at the start there is a UK garrison in Gibralter, it quickly is moved once the fighting starts. Is there anyway to force the UK to garrison there especially once the fighting starts?

I agree with the problem of Germany having no problem whatsoever in researching all of the Techs all of the time. The timing is not so bad [except the infantry-tank trees] but maybe the cost of all research should be raised by 1 or 2. It would be interesting to see what effect this would have!

The Italian AI is definately better and targets North Africa with almost single mindless determination. Other than necessary garrison units on the borders and beach hexes in Italy, all other Italian forces were in North Africa, but two problems were observed.
[1] the Italian AI does not seem to build enough/more troops as the game progresses [or if it does only a little]. Is there anyway to get them to produce more troops?, having played Italy manpower is not the issue but resources is - is there a way to get them to produce more troops once Italy is in the Axis and the resource convey is created and running from Germany to Italy?
[2] As the Italian AI advances in NA, it has a tendency to garrison all of the beach hex provincesin North Africa. In the last two games [as Germany], Italy pushed both West [through the French forces], and East [through the UK forces], but left garrison infantry units behind it as it pushed on, often to the detrement to its attacks, especially when the Italians were nearing Ethopia [having pushed the UK forces there]. Is there any way to let the Italian AI know that if the Axis forces hold Gibralter, Malta and Suez, then only key provinces need to be garrisoned [ie. have ready reaction forces available in a general area guarding three or so border/beach hex provinces.

Overall though, absolutely love it, i have not played Vanilla HOI since discovering SuperAI.

regards

Trelling

Trelling said:
I have played 3 games as Italy and 2 games as Germany.

Only once out of the five times, has France gone with the Vichy option. Have i just been unlucky in this?
Indeed. Vichy option is the first, so it should happen most of the times.

Not invading Malta is a WAD but I could change it. Since Malta is a super fortress if England lost it I doubt they would have tried to take it back.

Hmm Italian beaches in north africa this can be done but is very tricky I need to think about it.

Building more units for Italy is not something I can fix the best thing for you as Germany is to send them more resources and then they will build more.

now so far ive only played 2 games in 1.2 one as germany and one as france and in both japan doesnt do to goodi mean they take a nice chunk on chinas coast then they stop when war starts with the allies they land a few ppl in parts of indonesia and malasia but are quickly pushed out in less then a year so in 2.0 can you please beef up japan

and something else ive been wondering about why do infantry have so much more defense then tanks whats up with that ?

ahah im sorry i keep spreading these post out in the way i am but im playin super ai right now and im noticing things

what im complaing about this time is frances air units now i no france isnt famous for its naval bombers but i should still be able to get some, im at about the 1943 level of tech for both aircraft and im looking at some of my air types, especialy my naval bombers and i the only naval bombers i can build are the begging moddle and this is not cool sence im tryin to rebuild my navy its 1948 ( and yes i know im outdated on air tech) just make it so if your one of thoes countrys that gets special planes you can still research the planes regular models for every one else, for the planes that you dont get as a special plane such as naval bombers or torpedo bombers for france, i havent tryed out yet but im sure this issue exist with many other nations to so please fix this

edited by gzav - Please read the Double posts sticky.

Last edited by a moderator:
thomaha said:
I also have one wish for the British AI. Increase its willingness to defend Britain. There should be divisions in London and on all beaches at all times after the fall of France. Preferably more than one..

In Super AI 1.0 invading Britain was a cake walk. With 1.2 I just finished an operation sealion in July '40 - nov. '40 and I found it was alot harder with the UK navy constantly busting up my fleets. I had to land up in Perth and move south where the logistics penalty was really hurting me. I ended up moving my transports around the North Sea and North Atlantic to Lorient and made a second invasion at Plymouth.

At any rate, I thought the UK was using its fleet better to break up invasions near Coventry really well but it could spread out a little and cover the northern and western beaches better. Its Army was really slow to react to an invasion. It never moved until I had everything from Scapa Flow to Newcastle. And then it started fighting me well. Hence the need for a second invasion at Plymouth. (London was a real pain to take. I needed 35 divisions from all five directions to take down 9 cut off british infantry.)

Also, Canada, South Africa, and Australia all sent troops to France in '40 what about the UK?

My last question is why do tanks require so much manpower? If a '44 infantry division (German) uses 17 manpower why does a tank division use 20 manpower? With the increased losses from your mod's design for tanks I find this sucking up my manpower to keep panzer divisions in the field. In my last game on the eve of Barbarosa I had less than a 120 infantry division and less than 250 MP?!

Lao Tze said:
In Super AI 1.0 invading Britain was a cake walk. With 1.2 I just finished an operation sealion in July '40 - nov. '40 and I found it was alot harder with the UK navy constantly busting up my fleets. I had to land up in Perth and move south where the logistics penalty was really hurting me. I ended up moving my transports around the North Sea and North Atlantic to Lorient and made a second invasion at Plymouth.

At any rate, I thought the UK was using its fleet better to break up invasions near Coventry really well but it could spread out a little and cover the northern and western beaches better. Its Army was really slow to react to an invasion. It never moved until I had everything from Scapa Flow to Newcastle. And then it started fighting me well. Hence the need for a second invasion at Plymouth. (London was a real pain to take. I needed 35 divisions from all five directions to take down 9 cut off british infantry.)

Also, Canada, South Africa, and Australia all sent troops to France in '40 what about the UK?

My last question is why do tanks require so much manpower? If a '44 infantry division (German) uses 17 manpower why does a tank division use 20 manpower? With the increased losses from your mod's design for tanks I find this sucking up my manpower to keep panzer divisions in the field. In my last game on the eve of Barbarosa I had less than a 120 infantry division and less than 250 MP?!

You have ministers that increase your manpower. He comes in I believe in 1937 but there is not point to use him till the war starts since he uses 5% of foreign manpower.

lao tze realy does have a point about the tanks in my invasion of russia no matter what battle i fought i found out the tanks always are taking more losses then the infantry, there by sucking up my man power so plz increase tank defense to something at least above infantry

i dont use tanks inf are just as good

as rep spain i allied with russia and got all the way to Garmany and swiped 1/2 of it before russia even got to Berlin and i only had 3 tank divisions and i used them as a mobile reserves in case Italy attacked a beach with more then what my 1 inf division there could handle.... i never needed them.

my 2nd game as Romania I disbanded my starting tanks and when Germany was stuck in France. 1943 came along Russia attacked them and with only about 15 divisions on the border… Hungry, Burglary, Slovakia and southern Germany was mine when Russia annexed Germany about a year later

develown3 said:
lao tze realy does have a point about the tanks in my invasion of russia no matter what battle i fought i found out the tanks always are taking more losses then the infantry, there by sucking up my man power so plz increase tank defense to something at least above infantry

Argeed

I would just tone done the MP requirements. I like paying lots of supplies for tanks. I just don't like a panzer division using as many men or more sometimes than a infantry division. If I'm Russia then I never look at my MP, but Germany has it really rough really early since they have to build a huge army unlike Britain or the US.

Also, motorized infantry are way to cheap considering they work just as well as panzers with all the benefits of the uber inf GD.