• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
After months of work by me and Guglie_, I present the 1.0 version of Project Italy. It's fully playable with any vanilla scenario, and bug-free as far as I could see. The most requested feature, besides the 99,9% accurate thousands of historical ministers and leaders with pictures which was my goal when I first started this project, is a tweaked Italian Surrender event. Now, Germany shouldn't get Libya back from the Allies when Italy surrenders and the RSI is created.
There might be something wrong, and there are definitely some more elements that I want to work on, but I'm releasing this to have some feedback from players.

Changelog PI1.0

ai folder:
U49: modified so AOI produces militia and infantry instead of alpine troops

config folder:
extra_text: contains the text of the new events
models: new models for all nations (note that the scenarios and the unit pictures are based on this file)

db folder:

armynames: added names for U49
navynames: changed "Squadra di Marina" to "Squadra Navale"
events: added Project Italy events (event = "db\events\italian east africa.txt")
unitnames: names for ITA, RSI, U49 (and other countries like Switzerland)

events folder:
coups_events: changed ministers codes for ITA
death_events: changed the leader code for the death of Balbo
election_events: changed ministers codes for ITA
italian east africa: new file
italy: almost all the vanilla events are improved, especially the Italian Surrender one; new events at the bottom of the file; the Italian Army Reorganization event is DEACTIVATED
Mobilization: excluded U49 from all mobilization events (this will be tweaked further in the next version)
1914 folder:
ITA - Italy: changed the Cadorna/Diaz event
AI folder:
ai_ministers: updated ministers codes for ITA
AI_mobi: excluded U49 from all mobilization events (this will be tweaked further in the next version)

leaders folder:
italy: new file, the old codes don't match
libya: added some pictures for the Senussi, codes are the same
socialitaly: new file, the old codes don't match
U49: new file, the old codes don't match

ministers folder:
ministers_ita: new file, the old codes don't match
ministers_rsi: new file, the old codes don't match
ministers_U14: new file, the old codes don't match
ministers_U49: new file, the old codes don't match

tech/teams folder:
teams_ita: some names and dates edited; new pictures; some new tech teams; the old codes remain
teams_rsi: some names and dates edited; new pictures; some new tech teams; the old codes remain
teams_U49: some names and dates edited; new pictures; some new tech teams; the old codes remain

gfx/interface/pics folder:
881 pictures for leaders, ministers and tech teams (99,9% is accurate, I have doubts on a couple of them)
gfx/interface/models folder: 295 pictures for ITA, RSI and U49

scenarios folder:
1914: new OOB for ITA, edited bases file
1933: new OOB for ITA, edited bases file
1936: new OOB for ITA, edited bases file
1939 and 1940: new OOB for ITA, U49; edited bases file; added slept event in .eug file
1941 and 1942: new OOB for ITA, GER (Africa only); added slept event in .eug file
1943: new OOB for ITA, GER (Italy only); ENG gives Palermo province to USA; edited bases file
1944 and 1945: new OOB for RSI
data: a couple of cool propaganda pictures for ww1 ITA and RSI

how to install:
- If you don't have any other mod installed, just copy the content of the folder in your Darkest Hour\Mods\Darkest Hour Full folder (but you might want to make a backup copy of the Darkest Hour Full folder because some of the files will be overwritten)
- If you want to play this mod combined with other (WW1/2 centered) mods, you have to check if there are any conflicts between the files of this mod and the files of the other mod(s). For example, if you're playing with a mod that uses custom models for Germany, manually copy the models for the Italian countries from my models file into the models file of that mod (or copy the German models from that mod into my file). If you need help just ask me.

DOWNLOAD LINK FOR VERSION 1.0: http://www.mediafire.com/download/t6kg8y4aeoyl5q2/PROJECT_ITALY1.0.rar

Thanks for downloading and have a good time!

P.S. today is my birthday :D

Last edited:
After months of work by me and Guglie_, I present the 1.0 version of Project Italy. It's fully playable with any vanilla scenario, and bug-free as far as I could see. The most requested feature, besides the 99,9% accurate thousands of historical ministers and leaders with pictures which was my goal when I first started this project, is a tweaked Italian Surrender event. Now, Germany shouldn't get Libya back from the Allies when Italy surrenders and the RSI is created.
There might be something wrong, and there are definitely some more elements that I want to work on, but I'm releasing this to have some feedback from players.

Changelog PI1.0

ai folder:
U49: modified so AOI produces militia and infantry instead of alpine troops

config folder:
extra_text: contains the text of the new events
models: new models for all nations (note that the scenarios and the unit pictures are based on this file)

db folder:

armynames: added names for U49
navynames: changed "Squadra di Marina" to "Squadra Navale"
events: added Project Italy events (event = "db\events\italian east africa.txt")
unitnames: names for ITA, RSI, U49

events folder:
coups_events: changed ministers codes for ITA
death_events: changed the leader code for the death of Balbo
election_events: changed ministers codes for ITA
italian east africa: new file
italy: almost all the vanilla events are improved, especially the Italian Surrender one; new events at the bottom of the file; the Italian Army Reorganization event is DEACTIVATED
Mobilization: excluded U49 from all mobilization events (this will be tweaked further in the next version)
1914 folder:
ITA - Italy: changed the Cadorna/Diaz event
AI folder:
ai_ministers: updated ministers codes for ITA
AI_mobi: excluded U49 from all mobilization events (this will be tweaked further in the next version)

leaders folder:
italy: new file, the old codes don't match
libya: added some pictures for the Senussi, codes are the same
socialitaly: new file, the old codes don't match
U49: new file, the old codes don't match

ministers folder:
ministers_ita: new file, the old codes don't match
ministers_rsi: new file, the old codes don't match
ministers_U14: new file, the old codes don't match
ministers_U49: new file, the old codes don't match

tech/teams folder:
teams_ita: some names and dates edited; new pictures; some new tech teams; the old codes remain
teams_rsi: some names and dates edited; new pictures; some new tech teams; the old codes remain
teams_U49: some names and dates edited; new pictures; some new tech teams; the old codes remain

gfx/interface/pics folder:
881 pictures for leaders, ministers and tech teams (99,9% is accurate, I have doubts on a couple of them)
gfx/interface/models folder: 295 pictures for ITA, RSI and U49

scenarios folder:
1914: new OOB for ITA, edited bases file
1933: new OOB for ITA, edited bases file
1936: new OOB for ITA, edited bases file
1939 and 1940: new OOB for ITA, U49; edited bases file; added slept event in .eug file
1941 and 1942: new OOB for ITA, GER (Africa only); added slept event in .eug file
1943: new OOB for ITA, GER (Italy only); ENG gives Palermo province to USA; edited bases file
1944 and 1945: new OOB for RSI
data: a couple of cool propaganda pictures for ww1 ITA and RSI

how to install:
- If you don't have any other mod installed, just copy the content of the folder in your Darkest Hour\Mods\Darkest Hour Full folder (but you might want to make a backup copy of the Darkest Hour Full folder because some of the files will be overwritten)
- If you want to play this mod combined with other (WW1/2 centered) mods, you have to check if there are any conflicts between the files of this mod and the files of the other mod(s). For example, if you're playing with a mod that uses custom models for Germany, manually copy the models for the Italian countries from my models file into the models file of that mod (or copy the German models from that mod into my file). If you need help just ask me.

DOWNLOAD LINK FOR VERSION 1.0: http://www.mediafire.com/download/t6kg8y4aeoyl5q2/PROJECT_ITALY1.0.rar

Thanks for downloading and have a good time!

P.S. today is my birthday :D
Happy birthday, and passed along to the right authorities for potential inclusion into DHF Vanilla, with permission of course. ;)

Thanks for your support. I hope you can include into DH vanilla as much as you can.
This is a small fix for 1.0 version. Just unzip it and overwrite the old files.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/sewdk6c762modkb/FIX1.01.rar
What's new:
- added a missing line to event 2006007
- added two events: 2006048 Reinforcements to East Africa and 2006049 Reinforcements from Italy (as the name says, Italy can reinforce AOI after Suez is captured)
- fixed start date for leader 25813 (1911 into 1918)
- fixed personalities for a few Armaments Ministers for RSI

And someday soon, you might experience a proper Italian Civil War (see screenshots below)!

Attachments

• regnosud.png
    regnosud.png
    323 KB · Views: 172
  • intro.jpg
    intro.jpg
    143,6 KB · Views: 128
This is very good! Do you know if it's been incorporated into any other mods?

This is very good! Do you know if it's been incorporated into any other mods?

I received a couple of offers but in the end nothing materialized. You should ask on the thread of the mod you're interested in. I would ask myself but I don't want to be over arrogant by imposing my work on other people.

I don't think I'd use all of it completely, some of it would clash with my design philosophy, but I could def. use improved Italian ministers and cabinets.

I don't think I'd use all of it completely, some of it would clash with my design philosophy, but I could def. use improved Italian ministers and cabinets.

You can take anything you need as long as you credit me and Guglie_

You can take anything you need as long as you credit me and Guglie_

The credit part goes without saying. Oh, and thanks. The ministers, cabinets and OOB information will help. As far as the events go I'd either have to drop them or tweak them, and if I do the later I would like your team's blessing. I don't intend to destroy any events, but if I do use them they would need to fit my design philosophy.

EDIT: I might use them for inspiration, but otherwise I won't use them. I don't want to have work that is basically ripped off of yours. (Aside from using your ministers and cabinet.

Very good work as allway,can i use some of your work at ALL IN ONE MOD?Of course you and Guglie_ you should get credits.;)

Sure. I only suggest you to use the whole of my work and not random parts because scenarios are based on models and ministers and leaders, events are based on scenarios and ministers and leaders, unitnames are based on scenarios, etc. You will experience serious bugs if you don't pay attention with the conversion of the files (which is quite easy anyway).

Sure. I only suggest you to use the whole of my work and not random parts because scenarios are based on models and ministers and leaders, events are based on scenarios and ministers and leaders, unitnames are based on scenarios, etc. You will experience serious bugs if you don't pay attention with the conversion of the files (which is quite easy anyway).
Thank you very much, i will try to add whole your MOD if this possible and thanks again credit you and Guglie_!!!

The 1944 scenario has the very same issue of the 1943 scenario: if you don't give the Americans some territory, they just get the hell out of Italy leaving the English alone.

Attachments

• new.jpg
    new.jpg
    324,5 KB · Views: 82
The 1944 scenario has the very same issue of the 1943 scenario: if you don't give the Americans some territory, they just get the hell out of Italy leaving the English alone.
Cant it be fixed by making the foreign units as expeditionary units for ENG and give all the allied territory to ENG? The british had command over this theater, and this method wont prevent us forces to leave if the us territory gets cut off from the front for the AI.

Cant it be fixed by making the foreign units as expeditionary units for ENG and give all the allied territory to ENG? The british had command over this theater, and this method wont prevent us forces to leave if the us territory gets cut off from the front for the AI.

This could actually work. Maybe you should try it out Melkor :)

eeeex

This could actually work. Maybe you should try it out Melkor :)

eeeex

I tried to move the US units to united kingdom.inc file adding the line control = "USA" but it didn't work. Oddly, it works if I replace USA with another country like BRA, and also the other way round (I can make ENG units controlled by USA).
Is there something that escapes me?

Hey M Italy is one of my favorite countries. I am having problems with Media here in China. Could it be possible to put a link for another site like Game Front? Mega is not working right either. Sorry to be a pain but I would really like to get this. Thanks,
delanonne

Check this out:
http://www.gamefront.com/files/24180416/PROJECT+ITALY1.01.rar

I tried to move the US units to united kingdom.inc file adding the line control = "USA" but it didn't work. Oddly, it works if I replace USA with another country like BRA, and also the other way round (I can make ENG units controlled by USA).
Is there something that escapes me?
US units should stay in the US.inc, and they should have the control = "ENG".

US units should stay in the US.inc, and they should have the control = "ENG".

No, this way they become English units lent to the USA.