• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Belgiumruler

Comrade Belgie
95 Badges
Aug 18, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • March of the Eagles
  • Impire
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Darkest Hour
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • War of the Roses
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Majesty 2
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
tucw.jpg

After finishing my Colombia AAR, I start a new one. I am palying the World War I mod with the Gallipoli Campaign Scenario. This AAR will be narrative, in the perspective of John Addison, a soldier in the ANZAC force. I hope you will enjoy and comments are very welcome like always. I play on normal difficulty. The titel is based on one of my favourite songs, Cliffs Of Gallipoli from Sabaton http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOCe2Y7iVF8. I play the British side.

House Rules:
No cheating
No reloading

Let's get started!

v11w.jpg

20 April 1915, Alexandria

"Hi John, How are you today?", Cadel asked, Cadel is my best friend, he is in the same regiment as me. "I am fine, and you?", I answered. "Oh everything is fine with me, Sergeant Jones asked me to tell you that we leave tommorow to Turkey, in 3 hours we have a briefing, we expect you to be there in time." "Fine, I will be there in time". I was there in time, I was sitting behind Cadel, and the Sergeant started to talk: "We leave tommorow morning at 7 A.M., local time. Our Journey will go to the Bosphorus strait, where we are going to land at the peninsula of Gallipoli, we are ordered to land at Sector B with our Brigade, goal, securing the beach that the reinforcments can arrive, questions?". "What about the Ottomans defences? And their equipment?", A soldier on the third row asked. "They don't have machine guns, only artillery from the previous century, and an understrenght garrison, good luck soldiers, we need you."
sjp1.png

"After the landing, what will be our next move?", I asked. "We will move to Istanbul and secure the city, that would provide us with a sea road to Russia, making us stronger as well defeating the Ottomans, I expect you to be here tommorow at 6 A.M., good luck soldiers."

HI THAR!
No notification Via steam needed

20 April 1915, Alexandria

""What about the Ottomans defences? And their equipment?", A soldier on the third row asked. "They don't have machine guns, only artillery from the previous century, and an understrenght garrison, good luck soldiers, we need you."
sjp1.png

"After the landing, what will be our next move?", I asked. "We will move to Istanbul and secure the city, that would provide us with a sea road to Russia, making us stronger as well defeating the Ottomans, I expect you to be here tommorow at 6 A.M., good luck soldiers."
Ha, when they find out the ottomans got up to date weapons (Thanks to germany) They are going to get pwned so badly

The Brits will make for good kebab :D

I know literally nothing about Gallipoli, other than that it was a major WW1 battle, so please do enlighten me!

Let's just say the Brits got their asses handed to them. :p

Don't forget the Australians, the New Zealanders, South Africans, Canadians

And the French. I blame the French, everyone blames the French.

er3f.jpg

6 A.M, April 21 1915

"Is everyone here?", The sergeant asked. "Yes Sergeant!", we all shouted. "good, follow me, march!". We started marching towards the harbor, in the harbor we saw the mighty British fleet. Of what us has been told, the fleet existed out of the majotry of the Royal navy, 2 seaplane tenders, including the Ark Royal, one Battleship, the mighty Queen Elizabeth. Then 3 Battlecruisers, 26 Pre-dreadnought and many more cruisers, transports and mine sweepers.
300px-HMS_Queen_Elizabeth_(Queen_Elizabeth-class_battleship).jpg

It was 8 A.M. when we entered our ships, we would sail out next day, first the British marines would invade on the other side of the Dardanelles, to distract the Ottoman defenders, then we (the first wave) would land at Gallipoli, anf finally the second wave would land closer to Istanbul, for eventualy providing support if the landing fails, not that it would fail, the understreght and poorly equiped Ottomans would quickly go down under our power!
655t.jpg

April 26 1915

While I was making a walk around the ship, I heard talking in the commando room, I keep waiting to hear with they said: "The British marines are being evacuated, the Ottomans have modern equipment, including Machine guns, also, the aircraft of the HMS ark royal spotted German troop moving towards Istanboel, we underestimated them!", said a voice. Another voice said: "No need to worry Churchill, the situation is under control, tommorow the ANZAC lands, they will not fail, I promise". While returning back to my bed, I couldn't stop thinking, the British failed, what will happen to us?

27 April 1915

"Go go go, to your boats! God damm! Move your lazy asses!", the Captain scouted. "We have boat 6! Move!", Our Sergeant ordered. Everyone grabbed their weapons, loaded them and filled their bottle's with Alcohol. The spanning was enormous, we all thinking about the same, how strong are the Ottomans? Our boat begun moving towards the coast, on a certain moment we heard machine gun fire, I took another sip of Alcohol. "Out the boat! Go Go Go!!!!", the Sergeant scouted. "Good luck buddy", Cadel said to me. We start running, it would be flood in 2 hours, so we have the risk of being trapped between the cliffs and the sea. "Cadel!", I shouted, but it was to late, he runned into a rain of bullets, death. I kept running, Finally, we reached the cliffs. "5 minutes rest, after that we climb up the cliffs to take out those machine guns!", the Sergeant ordered. Five minutes later we started climbing, from the 20 men in my regiment, 7 where still alive. "It is impossible to reach the top, we need to go down, and wait, the second wave of French and British will have to rescue us". We started climbing down again, the flood cames, we where trapped on a smalll strip of land, maybe 1 meter, with 2000 men!
997.jpg

29 April

We are 2 days here now, trapped between the Ocean and the cliffs, we lost 200 men more. Luckely we received reports from the French, in 2 hours they would rescue us, the landing would be succesfully then.
images

30 April

We are rescued, it took a day longer, but the landing was succesfull. We secured a bridgehead. A road to Istanbul is secured!
sqmj.jpg