• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

JustThatGuy

Major
43 Badges
Mar 31, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
Escaping Death's Grasp

soviet_flag_over_the_reichstag_by_metalicalypse-d37sxof.jpg

Due to my last AAR going ka-boom thanks to a good ol' BSOD, I've decided to start another AAR using the same style (a.k.a. diary entries, letters etc). This will (obviously) be an AAR from the perspective of a Soviet soldier. If anyone wants to read my other (and extremely long :laugh:) AAR, here's the link:

The Memoirs of Erwin Keller

Diary entries and letters will be based on what happens in-game. Some screenshots will be posted to show my in-game progress across the battlefields of Eastern Europe.

Basic information:
Game version: TFH 4.02 with Black I.C.E. 3.1.
Game difficulty: Black I.C.E. on normal and TFH on normal.
Start date: 1936 in-game, diary entries and letters will begin around 1938.
Style: Diary/letter/narrative
Protagonist: Danila Morozov
CGM: No

Table of Contents

Chapter One - Prelude

1. Prologue

2. Adulthood

3. Decision made

4. First regrets

5. Sukhoi

6. Colonel Baryshev's opinion

7. Waiting to be assigned

8. New companions

9. Nightmare

10. Everything lost

11. Frederik

12. Finding a connection

13. A gift

14. Confronted

15. A mistake

Chapter Two - The Coming Storm

1. War games

2. So far, so good

3. An 18 year old farmer

4. Back at last

5. Anna

6. Fate, perhaps?

7. Can't you understand?

8. You've chosen to reject us

Chapter Three - You Don't Shake Hands With the Devil

1. Shaking hands with Satan himself

2. Peace is no more

3. True intentions of the pact

4. Polish capitulation

5. There are things we want to forget

6. Assassination of Comrade Molotov

7. Interrogation

8. We're here for him

9. The Front

Chapter Four - "Clockwork"

1. Alistratov's offer

Last edited:
Character Menu​

danilamorozov123_zpseebc1e4a.png

Danila Morozov

Born: June 22, 1920 in Rzhev

A young Russian peasant from the Rzhev area. A talented hunter and marksman. Highly intelligent, but also a tad naive.

Current rank: Corporal

sukhoi4_zps4447edfd.png

Aleksander "Sukhoi" Lesnitsky

Born: May 19, 1919 in Moscow

A young Russian with a great sense of humor that comes from a family of Moscow bureaucrats. Undoubtedly Danila's best friend.

Current rank: Private

artyomdanila_zps9e4cd55c.png

Artyom Pudkhin

Born: February 2, 1918 in Moscow

Not much is known about Artyom. He has a personality reminiscent to Danila's and like Danila, he has lost his parents during his late teens.

Current rank: Corporal

ulmandanila_zps7d3f3187.png

Ulman Gromov

Born: May 1, 1914 in Moscow

"The Company Clown" as he is called due to his sense of humor and liberal use of profanity. An eternal optimist, he can see positives in desperate situations.

Current rank: Senior Sergeant

semyondanila2_zpsfb3b741c.png

Semyon Dementyev

Born: January 16, 1913 in Odessa

One of the more serious men of the 2. Battalion. Despite his Odessan background his parents are Russian. Extremely pessimistic, he is the absolute opposite of Ulman.

Current rank: Senior Sergeant

frederikgalygin_zps4a8a03ba.jpg

Frederik Galygin

Born: October 21, 1882 in Rzhev

A very mysterious old man. Not much is known about his background.

Current rank: None/Civilian

voronin2_zpsf84abb73.png

Anatoly Voronin

Born: June 28, 1908

The commanding officer of Danila's company. Always willing to take advice and learn new methods of small-unit tactics.

Current rank: Captain

miller2_zpsf6a73a78.png

Viktor "Miller" Melnik
No beard here. :p

Born: November 1, 1896

The commanding officer of the 2. Battalion. Despite his age, he is extremely fit and is respected by the men under his command. No one in the 2. Battalion knows why he's still a major.

Current rank: Major

Last edited:
Oh no, I've brought to life another terrible AAR! :sad: :D

Phew, Soviets are for 0wnz0rs :p

Only the best play as the SU. :p

Jokes aside, the first update will be up today.

Prologue

Danila Morozov (born June 22, 1920) is a Russian peasant from Bocharovo, about 50 kilometers south-southwest from Rzhev. Although having a remarkable understanding with numbers, he rejected the chance to study mathematics at Moscow University to work on the family farm in Bocharovo and to hunt for game in the many forests of the surrounding area. Also a talented hunter, he was once called by his Uncle Zhenya a "dead-eye shot." This talent will undoubtedly help him in the coming years.

russian_peasants.jpg

Russian peasants of the Rzhev area.

An ardent Communist, he has vigorously supported the actions of Josef Stalin even though he doesn't understand most of them and has been kept in the dark, like much of the nation, about the other 'glorious' actions of the dictator. He believes Stalin to be the saviour of the Soviet nation in a time of great financial difficulties. He once tried to join the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, but his mother Natasha wouldn't allow it, much to Danila's annoyance.

stalin.gif

Josef Stalin, the Soviet dictator, who is admired greatly by Danila.

His father, Vladimir, a veteran of the Great War, Russian Civil War, and the Polish-Soviet War and a cheater of death has pressured his son to join the Red Army, arguing that Danila's talents are more suitable for a job in the Red Army. He has ignored his father's offer, as he feels that a simple 'Communist' life hunting with Uncle Zhenya and working on the family farm will satisfy him. Nevertheless, Danila's dream of a simple life will soon be shattered by a storm which will strike him and his loved ones with all its might.

Author's note: In my other AAR, I described the protagonist's personality in the first update. Danila's personality will be revealed in future diary entries and letters.

Last edited:
I love the BICE mod too, and I like good narratives, you guess wath that means, right?

Subbed!

Think I'll watch Come and See again

Although having a remarkable understanding with numbers, he rejected the chance to study mathematics at Moscow University to work on the family farm in Bocharovo and to hunt for game in the many forests of the surrounding area.
So totally unrealistic, it is saddening. Back in the day, if you had a chance and aptitude to study in SU, you did. Knowledge was power back in that era. There was no family farms but collective ones (kolhoz), forests are not rich in game in that area, etc.
Sorry for the critique.

This AAR got so popular in two hours? Let's hope it's permanent (temporary) :)

Jokes aside, the first update will be up today.

Hum, this sentence made me think for some reason...

So totally unrealistic, it is saddening. Back in the day, if you had a chance and aptitude to study in SU, you did. Knowledge was power back in that era. There was no family farms but collective ones (kolhoz), forests are not rich in game in that area, etc.
Sorry for the critique.

It's an AAR and it's fiction. The protagonist is someone I created in my own image. Think of me as God, even though I don't believe that a God exists.

The area around Rzhev is a forested area. I'm not talking about in-game, but real life. Just look at Google Maps or something similar.

It's an AAR and it's fiction. The protagonist is someone I created in my own image. Think of me as God, even though I don't believe that a God exists.

The area around Rzhev is a forested area. I'm not talking about in-game, but real life. Just look at Google Maps or something similar.
correction, AAR's and Fanfiction is the forum called :D

It is also heavily populated.
God or no God, if someone starts ti write an AAR about US in 1930's with collectivization and no capitalism under FDR, you think it will be readable?
Whatever.

It is also heavily populated.
God or no God, if someone starts ti write an AAR about US in 1930's with collectivization and no capitalism under FDR, you think it will be readable?
Whatever.

Dude, this is an AAR with dairy entries and letters. I could hardly care about the economic aspect. If you don't want to read it, then just leave.

"Escaping Deaths Grasp: A Farming AAR from the perspective of Bertha, The Cow That Wanted to Live"
"Entry no.1: Uncle Zhenya came back from Moscow with a suitcase full of money because forget communism."

Edited for language. -- Avindian

Last edited by a moderator:
"Entry no.1: Uncle Zhenya came back from Moscow with a suitcase full of money because forget communism."
hahahahahahahhahahahhaha
looks like he offed Marx but took Capital ;))))
x

Last edited by a moderator: