• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Look at how cowardly Germans are! Look at them cavalry running away at the first sight of our glorious troops! Don't judge me, we're always advancing to Berlin and to victory!... in the opposite direction.

Antwerp looks pretty unprotected, is that correct?
Absolutely correct. But no Allied unit can reach this province before German ones; they are all engaged, or too far.

Look at how cowardly Germans are! Look at them cavalry running away at the first sight of our glorious troops! Don't judge me, we're always advancing to Berlin and to victory!... in the opposite direction.
Luxembourg is part of my strategy. The French 53 strong units stack is now committed here, and the 2 other stacks in the East are too far. There was no point in holding the province and having the CAV suffering staggering losses while the INFs were on their way. Infrastructure has been reduced, and the province is German; this should keep the French busy for a one or two precious day long period.

So are you luring them into one of your provinces to close the pocket there? Or waiting for Netherlands to surrender and trap them there?
No. If by pocket you are referring to Luxembourg, the French is way too strong here for me to pocket them. Regarding Netherlands, I don't think that the French would ever move so far. Supposing that they will, it would be nevertheless a very bad idea. After the Dutch surrender, what would happen? The province where are the French units will become French. Then, a supply depot will be created and the French will receive a +25% bonus for being pocketed (I truly dislike this one) and will dig in to the maximum before Germany will have spare troops to commit there. Following that strategy would result in a blood bath.

The pocketed bônus is pretty silly IMO. Units surrounded never fought better. If the germans held at Stalingrad for awhile after being surrounded or the US in Bastogne, was due to terrain and weather favouring the defenders, not because they fought harder. If the AI is too prone to encircling, then don´t give malus, but don´t give bônus either.

yIobmgr.jpg

Last edited:
Ah, the journalists. They never really knew what they were talking about, did they...

Where did you get those newspapers? Very interesting read. Guess propaganda never was exclusive to germans...

Where did you get those newspapers? Very interesting read. Guess propaganda never was exclusive to germans...
I watched this French movie on the PC, and captured some screenshots. At the beginning of the movie, there is a succession of newspapers, seemingly more and more dramatic for the Germans...the closer they get from Paris.
I've found this, but there is no music, which removes lots of the fun.
[video=youtube;_u2cU_sMioQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u2cU_sMioQ[/video]
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_u2cU_sMioQ

Last edited:
Good update. For some reason I love the map of the front in the corner of that last update, big menacing stacks of German divisions, slowly overrunning the BeNeLux and advancing towards France.

Ah, the journalists. They never really knew what they were talking about, did they...
So the Dutch were holding and capitulated within two days. Damn journalists...
That is only the beginning :)

So your getting a mini pocket in Belgium!
A tiny but bothering one. The new capital of Belgium is inside. What is the threshold for you to call a pocket big or huge?

Good update. For some reason I love the map of the front in the corner of that last update, big menacing stacks of German divisions, slowly overrunning the BeNeLux and advancing towards France.
Since there is an update for each day (or less, since one was only for before a dawn), it may appears to be slow but I don't think that this feeling is shared by the Allied side :eek:o

Ww8x5HX.jpg

Last edited:
I don't follow the French AIs strategy. Probably because there is none beyond "I haz moar divizionz, attaaaack!" :rolleyes:

I meant the pocket would be far smaller than the historical one.
This pocket in Belgium doesn't count. Now, if I succeed to realize the Manstein Plan, I should trap around 20 French and British divisions, around 200k men. Historically, it was 400k. In WiF2, the French AI put too many forces along the Maginot Line. But the beauty it that it would not change anything to the final result if the French left wing is stronger; Germany would have to leave less forces along the Maginot Line and the Schwerpunkt would be stronger.

give up eupen and surround them instead, set a trap
I won't do that, I would consider it gamey.

Need...more....updaaaaate....
I've been working on a mapping side project of me for the last days. A welcomed distraction to the AAR. There will be probably an update tomorrow.