Preparing the 2.6 wiki update - please tell me what I might've missed

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kami-sama

Captain
2 Badges
Sep 22, 2017
  • Major Wiki Contributor
Hello Paradox community. I'm Kami-sama, main editor of the Stellaris wiki, part of the wiki moderation team and the guy who always did those large day-one wiki updates whenever a patch or DLC was out. And I am making this post because I'd like your help.

For months I've been preparing the wiki update, adding all the info I could get from dev diaries, dev streams, twitter posts and the recent sponsored videos. You can find it here, and all this info will be uploaded on the various existing or new wiki pages the moment the patch and DLC are out. But I can't be everywhere. Maybe there were dev posts that I missed. Videos that I overlooked. Brief moments in the videos I've seen where I didn't pay enough attention. This is where I need your help.

I want members to have a look at my wiki profile page and tell me every bit of info that I might've missed along with the source where I can find it. Help me spot everything I overlooked, so that the wiki may be updated faster once the new patch and DLC are out.

The following things are omitted deliberately:
  • New civics: All of them can be read in their latest form on the empire creation screen so they can quickly be added to the wiki without preparation.
  • The carrier combat computer: I don't know yet for what ship sizes aside from Juggernaut will they be available.
  • The updated Shipyard Capacity for the Mega Shipyard: I don't know the exact growth, I only know that on the final stage it's +20 and dividing by 3 doesn't give a satisfactory answer.
  • Balance changes from patch notes: Most of them require only updating variables so preparing them beforehand won't speed up the wiki update.
  • Tree of Life and Meteorite Colony Ships: It requires in-game testing to see how their cost combines with Synthetic Evolution and Corporate Dominion/Private Prospectors as well as empires without Hive Mind authority in the latter's case.
EDIT: My edits have been finished. Everyone who replied has been very helpful and thanks to them the update preparations have been polished. Half an hour before the new patch and DLC are out the wiki will be updated. This thread has shown what we can do together. Thank you everyone :)

Last edited:
Diplomatic Stance - Mercantile: It's also available for those who have the merchant guilds civic.
Syncretic Evolution: in the 2.61 beta patch slaves guilds will be able to pick this.
Shattered Ring and Void Dwellers: they both start out with a special resource tile. The shattered ring gets the arcane generator which to provide upkeep for 1 of all the 4 districts types. Void dwellers get something like that too but I could not get a look at it.
jobs changes: machine empires get a new job (evaluators, provide 4 unity with 1 energy upkeep, coordinators provide 15 admin cap and have 4 energy upkeep) and hiveminds culture job has changed to 3 culture and 5 admin cap. (can get 2 more amenities trough harmony tradition)
building changes: hive capital is now 8/8 and 15/15 housing and amenities.
Decrepit Tunnels: provide minerals and rare resources (enough rare resources for 1 district), they do no block segment district space.

Not to be that guy but the “Rules of War” resolution tree is spelt wrong as “ruler of war”.

The tradition for forming Federations also gives +1 envoys

Buildings:

Simulation Site
Icon: Building_holo_theatres.png
Machine Intelligence Only
Build Cost 400 Minerals
Build Time 360
Upkeep 2 Energy
Provides: 2 Evaluator Jobs
"To advance our civilization we must run and evaluate complex simulations."

Jobs:

Evaluator
Icon: New
Complex Drone
Base Production 4 Unity
Base Upkeep 1 Energy

Unique Blockers:

Buried Lithoids
Icon: D_hibernating_lithoids.png
Removal Cost: 1000 minerals
Removal time: 360
Removal Rewards: 1 pop
Source: Meteorite Colony Ships Colonization

Envoys (as of most recent data) increase / decrease opinion by up to 200 not 400.

Colony Ship Table:
New Column (Meterorite), with Entry for Lithoids:

500 Mineral Cost
Applies "Lithoid Crater" and several "Buried Lithoids" planetary features to planet.

Diplomatic Stance - Mercantile: It's also available for those who have the merchant guilds civic.
How did I miss this? Thanks, updated it.
Syncretic Evolution: in the 2.61 beta patch slaves guilds will be able to pick this.
2.6.1 beta changes will be prepared only after 2.6.0 is out and posted only after 2.6.1 is out of the beta stage.
Decrepit Tunnels: provide minerals and rare resources (enough rare resources for 1 district), they do no block segment district space.
Updated, thanks. This is the kind of thing I knew I could miss, had to replay the sponsored Shattered Ring gameplay video at 0.25 speed to see it.
As per the patch notes, Syncretic Evolution is no longer incompatible with Slaver Guilds
That's from the 2.6.1 beta.
Not to be that guy but the “Rules of War” resolution tree is spelt wrong as “ruler of war”.
Fixed it, that was embarrassing :oops:
Jobs:
Evaluator
Icon: New
Complex Drone
Base Production 4 Unity
Base Upkeep 1 Energy

Unique Blockers:
Buried Lithoids
Icon: D_hibernating_lithoids.png
Removal Cost: 1000 minerals
Removal time: 360
Removal Rewards: 1 pop
Source: Meteorite Colony Ships Colonization
Added them, thanks. Any chance for the flavor text description?
Envoys (as of most recent data) increase / decrease opinion by up to 200 not 400.
Updated :)
Colony Ship Table:
New Column (Meterorite), with Entry for Lithoids:

500 Mineral Cost
Applies "Lithoid Crater" and several "Buried Lithoids" planetary features to planet.
I'll save this one for post-release. It requires in-game testing to see how the cost combines with Synthetic Evolution and Corporate Dominion/Private Prospectors as well as empires without Hive Mind authority. Updated in the original post.

Last edited:
I am waiting for release to see if Mega-Shipyard is nerfed. More likely, it was changed to a four stage structure, which gives a nice 5/10/15/20 shipyards per level, and 25/50/75/100 ship build speed.

Resource Consolidation: Other planets in your system give no resources. Not sure if thats important enough to put in?

Tree of life you state the penalties for not having one, but not the bonuses for when you do. Colony ships are also significantly more expensive (in food, even for Lithoids).

Isolationist diplo stance isn't available for merchant guilds (since they get mercantile).

Remnants Colony ruins are specifically on your guaranteed habitables, pretty sure.

Hegemony, specify that the president doesn't get the 5% bonus to production.

Federation Succession: Not sure if status change is still in. Worth checking.

Decrepit Tunnels blocker (from shattered ring) can give different rare resources on clearing, each one is different.

---

Hopefully this helps!

Last edited:
Resource Consolidation: Other planets in your system give no resources. Not sure if thats important enough to put in?
It is an effect so it is. I added it.
Tree of life you state the penalties for not having one, but not the bonuses for when you do. Colony ships are also significantly more expensive (in food, even for Lithoids).
They're mentioned in the Planetary Feature description, it's just that I haven't linked it since I can only do that after the update. Or are there other bonuses besides the planetary features? Thanks for the colony ship cost note by the way :)
Isolationist diplo stance isn't available for merchant guilds (since they get mercantile).
How did I miss this? Fixed it.
Hegemony, specify that the president doesn't get the 5% bonus to production.
Don't the member modifiers apply to all Federation members, president included, in all Federation types?
Federation Succession: Not sure if status change is still in. Worth checking.
It is, it was used in the feature stream.
Decrepit Tunnels blocker (from shattered ring) can give different rare resources on clearing, each one is different.
Thanks, I'll update it as soon as I get more info of the rest of the bonuses.
Hopefully this helps!
Every post like this helps ;)
The tradition for forming Federations also gives +1 envoys
The Federations tradition adds an envoy
That's an update of a single existing variable, preparing it beforehand won't be faster than merely replacing the line after the patch is out.

If I remember correctly they said that they opened hegemony to non authoritarian empires during a stream. I don't know what are the requierments specifically tho.

You might find this thread useful. It has details about the sanctions of the galactic community. Note that only memebers of the council can pass the medium and heavy sanctions

Don't the member modifiers apply to all Federation members, president included, in all Federation types?

Not in hegemonies.

They wanted to have some kind of reason to be in a hegemony without being the president, and the president already have 2/3 of the bonuses. This only happen in hegemonies.
I believe they talk about it in the first official dev stream.

Edit: Fixed some misspellings.

Last edited:
Do we have a real rundown of what is going to be in the DLC versus what is going to be in the free patch? I have yet to actually stumble on a full differentiation, but it's very possible I missed it.

If I remember correctly they said that they opened hegemony to non authoritarian empires during a stream. I don't know what are the requierments specifically tho.
Interesting, during the feature stream posted two weeks ago the game still required you to be Authoritarian or Rogue Servitor. If they changed this we can find the new requirements if they ever hover over it in one of their new streams. I doubt they will though.
You might find this thread useful. It has details about the sanctions of the galactic community. Note that only memebers of the council can pass the medium and heavy sanctions.
Thanks.
8:24, they go over the decrepit tunnels (all three)
I just saw the video too but thanks :)
Not in hegemonies.

They wanted to have some kind of reason to be in a hegemony without being the president, and the president already have 2/3 of the bonuses. This only happen in hegemonies.
I believe they talk about it in the first official dev stream.
Thank you kind sir, table updated.

Do we have a real rundown of what is going to be in the DLC versus what is going to be in the free patch? I have yet to actually stumble on a full differentiation, but it's very possible I missed it.

If I had to guess: The new Origins are probably part of the DLC (with the exception of Prosperous Unification an the I assume new Origin for the Commonwealth of Man), new ship and new Megastruckture is DLC content.

As with the Federations, not sure how much of them is part of the DLC.

Galactic Community
  1. Galactic Council is locked behind Federations DLC
  2. Some of the resolution effects are locked behind Federations DLC. On the stream they said it is typically the level 5 effect.
  3. Galactic Community will need sections on denouncement, breach of galactic law and sanctions.
  4. Some of the things in the resolutions listed as "Bans" are actually putting the member into breach of galactic law. The only one I am sure of is the 50% naval cap requirement in the Mutual Defense line.
Federations
  1. In general, the member effects of Federation perks are applicable to all members, including the President. However, for Hegemony the member effects are for the members only and not for the president.
  2. They said on the stream that some of the Federation laws are locked behind the Federations DLC, but I don't think they said exactly which ones.
  3. Martial Alliance is missing the entries for Low, Medium and High fleet contribution.