• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Arko

Red zone
45 Badges
Jul 1, 2009
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Deus Vult
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Magicka
is that a bonus building for the owners of that Magicka/Magicka2 game ?

Reactions:
Now we've got third class customers: those who didn't pre-order and those that don't own Magika! lol

Reactions:
Imo, it borders on extortion to make you buy *another game* in order to have all content for the game that you actually want to play in the first place. First the pre-order thing, and now this... It's not the end of the world (what with all the umpteen modded parks and assets out there), but I'd think carefully about such potentially alienating business practices. To be fair, my grumbles would ungrumb at the mere hinted notion that all 'exclusive' content will be made available in a future paid DLC (hint, hint ;)).

Reactions:
You have all the content. The thème park is a bonus.

Reactions:
An interesting philosophy. Let us take an analogy. If, say, there were a row of cakes in a shop-window, that all cost the same amount, but only the first three cakes had cherries on top, and you were 4th in line and got a cake without any cherries -- you'd just think you missed out on a 'bonus' and go away as a happy customer?

EDIT: Since this was about the theme park, let's amend the analogy a little bit: instead of the order of arrival, the determining factor on who gets the cherries would be that only those people got a cake with cherries on top who'd also bought a bouquet of flowers from the neighboring flower-shop. Do you think this a sound business practice; if so, for what possible earthly reasons?

Last edited:
Reactions:

If a 'bonus' means 'a slap in the face', then I'm with you. Otherwise, I'm siding with stiiknafuulia on this one.

Not that I NEED this in my game, but at the end of the day, the devs of Cities Skylines made this for Cities Skylines. That means it's part of the game. Call it a "bonus" or whatever else you like -- just a game of semantics. This theme park is part of the game as much as any other dev-created asset -- and most of us will be barred from using it unless we buy a completely different, unrelated product to Skylines and the entire Cities franchise. Had this been done right, they'd include the theme park for all loyal fans who bought the expansion -- and make a tasteful, subtle nod advertising Magika.

However, this way is what you call 'dirty marketing tactics at work'. And it's disheartening how so many people just shrug it off and accept it.

I suppose gamers get what they deserve.

Last edited:
Reactions: