• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Nikolai

Basileus Romaion
78 Badges
Jun 17, 2001
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Magicka
  • March of the Eagles
So I am at it again; a new AAR - shortly after I finished the old one!

This time I will try a new approach, perhaps better suited to my sometimes time consuming life. ;) I plan to write short updates centered on a single event in the game. So a new, important discovery, an election, a war. Not all events will be covered of course. This is a new way to write for me, I usually go for history book or gameplay, but summer is a good time to shake things up and experiment, no? ;)

Perhaps it won't work, perhaps I will change my mind on the direction, perhaps it will work just fine. I'm here to find out.:D

On game settings, I have just got the latest DLC, and am using mods for the first time in a long time.

I have these DLC:

Anniversary Portraits
Apocalypse
Arachnoid Portraits
Creatures of the Void
Distant Stars
Horizon Signal
Leviathans
Symbols of Domination
Synthetic Dawn
Utopia

And these mods:

Planetary Diversity
Elves of Stellaris
Eleves of Stellaris - Planetary Diversity compatibility fix
Beautiful Universe 2.0

Hopefully these won't prove unstable. :p

Game settings, from memory(as I forgot to write them down):

800 stars
No Fallen Empires
2 Marauder Empires
No advanced AI start
Ensign difficulity
Mid game 2375
No End Game Crisis (I hate those)

I play as the Elves:
T6U5Tqj.png

To: Chief Precentor Halaema Agayous
Subject: Alien life

My Lady, wonderful news! The theories of alien life is indeed true! It exist! Wonderful, weird, curious - yet amazing silicate entities! They are eating ROCKS! This turns out to mean lots of minerals for our Confederacy! AMAZING!

66gc39D.png

------------------------

Advisor note: While being a tad bit over enthusiastic, Mr Tohrthall has a point when it comes to the possibilities regarding minerals. I advice we move towards securing the Thirimora system for the Confederacy.

To: Directorate of Science
Topic: Star Patterns

Sensory mysteries! Oh how I love SCIENCE! Something is irregular with the energy readings in this system! My crew belives it's a sensory malfunction, but I know BETTER! Something might be VERY WRONG, and WE might be able to FIX it, if we do something NOW! And I know JUST the place to check for more clues!

pVZAS9E.png

---------------------------------

Advisor note: While being a tad bit over enthusiastic, and while he might very well be wrong, there is a chance he is right. I advice we let him explore in the direction of this second star system, but reign him in so he doesn't overextend. All in due time.

Ahh, so if there are space-elves, are their the space equivalents of their traditional nemeses? (ie, orcs and trolls).

Ahh, so if there are space-elves, are their the space equivalents of their traditional nemeses? (ie, orcs and trolls).
I don't know. :D

One AAR right after the other seems like a pretty impressive undertaking.

Hopefully you don’t run into space dwarves or I’m sure you’d get into an argument or something with them. Does Stellaris have space dwarves? I’m unfamiliar with mods so I don’t know.

Good luck with your AAR!

One AAR right after the other seems like a pretty impressive undertaking.

Hopefully you don’t run into space dwarves or I’m sure you’d get into an argument or something with them. Does Stellaris have space dwarves? I’m unfamiliar with mods so I don’t know.

Good luck with your AAR!
Stellaris does indeed have space dwarves. But will I meet them? Time will show! ;)

To: Chief Precentor Halaema Agayous
Topic: Piracy

Ma'am, I applaud the divine for the miracle of Tronde, as well as your inspired leadership! Had not the gods intervened, those pirates might have been the last of us. We won the battle of Ceporah, but only barely, and to a large degree because of the crew's hightened morale after hearing about the automated shipyard. Had we not got those ships to reinforce our embattled fleet, we would have been defenceless before the next attack by the pirates! We would not have been in any place to rebuild our fleet fast enough. Only the divine intervention coupled with your piety and faith inspiring your leadership saved us. Praise to the divine!

JkxLBz1.png

UYOEy6U.png

akdpfgQ.png

-------------------------

Advisor note: A pious and humble woman, the Admiral should not be forgotten for her own part in this miracle. We owe her much.

I hadn't expected another AAR of yours so soon, consider me subbed. I quite like the short updates style.
Me neither, but when I got Lost Stars, I got the urge. :p The short updates mean I can play and take lots of images and then make a short update in a few min when I have the time. Works fine so far. :)

I have played ca 75 years already last night and have 56 images. 1/3rd of them is meeting new civs though. :p

Those pirates did run you rather close.

Those pirates did run you rather close.
I know! I was down to 60 or less strength in the end IIRC, but the shipyard gave me 3x my original strength in one fell swoop. :D

To: Department of Applied Sciences
Topic: Sonified Science

Music. The MUSIC! Oh, how wonderful music is! We have just discovered a signal in SPACE that turns into a most BEAUTIFUL song! You've got to listen to it! I do all the time. Who MADE it? No one knows! Isn't it wonderful, all that is out there?

n30Bxis.png

-------------------------

Advisor note: The man has a point. I turned on the recording in the office, and for five hours straight no work has been done anywhere. Everyone just listens, hums and dances. I recommend we capitalize on this and licence the recording out to Seba Music Inc. as fast as possible. This could drive recruitment for space exploration up manyfold.

'Tis the Music of the Spheres! :D

Now the hard thing to do will be recognizing which anomalies and events are part of Distant Stars and which are not :p, but only by looking at the DD prior to its release these new anomalies and events made me eager to find out cause they seemed very interesting. And I like this one (don't know whether from Distant Stars or not) but I first thought it had something to do with the Artist enclave.

'Tis the Music of the Spheres! :D
It's amazing, bruh! :eek:

Now the hard thing to do will be recognizing which anomalies and events are part of Distant Stars and which are not :p, but only by looking at the DD prior to its release these new anomalies and events made me eager to find out cause they seemed very interesting. And I like this one (don't know whether from Distant Stars or not) but I first thought it had something to do with the Artist enclave.
Haha yes. And I'm playing modded, I guess all those planet types means some events are modded too. :)

To: Department of Defense
Topic: Asteroid SP0-951

Dear Sir/Madam,
Caution wins the day, as predicted. We discovered an anomaly in the astroid designated SP0-951, and our esteemed captain adviced caution when esxcavating. Some elements of the department thought this a folly, but thank the gods these individuals didn't win. The asteroid was a trojan, and inside hostile mining drones lay dormant. Had we not been careful, we would surely have perished in the attack. Thgey are now disabled and ready for us to use as we see fit. A large quantity of energy can securely be siphoned off from now on.

c1mQFr6.png

0QiWkL7.png

---------------------

Advisor note: The cheekyness... There were no way we could have known! I recommend we place this man under scrutiny.

I am not sure I would trust Tom Bombadil with anything responsible.