Beta Update 1.3.1 Released [checksum f100] - Not For Problem Reports!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thank you a lot for this patch. Hope at leat 2 or 3 like this one during the next 2 months. :)

I trust them to do their best to repair sectors and the other bugs we've found as soon as they are able. Give them some patience, it's not as simple as just tweaking some numbers.
And yet...it might take them a half a year to fix them.
Code takes time. It's not a magic wand someone waves, says, "EXPECTO BUG FIX" and bang, all the bugs are fixed. AI code is particularly time consuming to get right, and, as can be seen from your list of complaints, often even taking the time leads to unexpected or undesirable results when released into the wild.
Desper is clear, but you dont (want ?) understand : He dont ask to have a magic patch for fix all bugs in 3 days, he would like the current mechanics fixed before add more mechanism. That can take 6 months, but during this 6 months, we have a dozen small ''beta/hotfix'' with no new mechanism. And when we (almost) stop complain because the game is ''broken'', them, we can have a DLC with lot of news mechanism.

I know Paradox want earn cash and plan a DLC. They can easly make a new ''humanoid ship DLC'' or an ''events DLC'' or a ''new space monsters''. The writters and the graphics cannot fix lot of bug but can earn money with Stellaris for Prdx. And the dev can fix the game during this time.

Reactions:
First point of the bugfix list?

This is the first point of the bugfix:

"Frontier Hospital technology now properly requires Frontier Health"

There is no mention of "Frontier Clinics"
I just checked the issue with frontier clinics in the beta patch still not fixed. Enjoy.
+10 disagree

This is the first point of the bugfix:

"Frontier Hospital technology now properly requires Frontier Health"

There is no mention of "Frontier Clinics"
I just checked the issue with frontier clinics in the beta patch still not fixed. Enjoy.
+10 disagree
Be fair, Brawler.

How on earth are other posters expected to guess than you refer to your own bug report (here) about not being able to build frontier clinics on a planet after you move your capital there but being able to build on your homeworld and old capital - something that does make sense in terms of "what is a frontier?" but, as you point out, not in terms of "what are the implications for habitability", and something that has got to be of low priority to address with everything else going on.

Like presumably everybody else I thought you were referring to the widely known clinic=>hospital issue with the hospital tech having itself as a prerequisite rather than clinic tech, such that clinics could never be upgraded because the upgrade tech couldn't be researched, and something that unlike your clinic issue most definitely required a hotfix, until I realized that to keep going on like that you'd have to be either a moron or have a separate bug I knew nothing about, and the former seemed unlikely.

As I prefer to think well of people, I investigated the second option, and a quick search revealed it to be the case (linked above) - you do have an interesting issue that ought to be addressed one way or the other in the next regular patch, but it is hardly pressing, nor is it reasonable to expect that it be addressed in a hotfix or that others will guess that that's what you were referring to when you didn't provide any context. :)

Last edited:
Reactions:
Desper is clear, but you dont (want ?) understand : He dont ask to have a magic patch for fix all bugs in 3 days, he would like the current mechanics fixed before add more mechanism.

As a working software engineer (not, alas, on this game!), I would love to live in a universe where I got to fix everything that was broken with a system before being required to add more features to that system.

However, we live in the real world, where code exists to make money. Long-lived games like those Paradox produces continue to make money by selling new DLC. Mere content packs (e.g. Plantoid) don't make a particularly large amount of money since they can't be sold for much, so in the end, they have to sell more feature-full DLC they can charge more for, which will almost always introduce new mechanisms (or the main code will be patched with code to support new mechanisms). Without that, there's nothing that keeps paying the engineers, and the bugs will never be fixed.

I realize that most gamers don't really care about the real world, but the coders still have to live in it.

Reactions:
I thought the fleet not attacking on cooldown thing was a feature, not a bug of warp. I got smoked a couple of times due to that.

*edit, anyone check to see if they have to start a new game or not?

Last edited:
1.2, you can enslave and purge pops in sectors, but you can not resettle them
1.3, you can resettle pops in sectors, but you can not enslave and purge them

...when this issue is going to be fixed?

It can't be right- now, with new options (allows sector manage pops), it's ultra silly to spend 25 influence to get POPs done in the sector

Reactions:
FYI I was playing a game and I was at war with the AI and they were still asking and getting non-aggressive acts with other empires. Don't think it is working like the notes said.

Thank you so much :)

* Fixed missing graphics on sanctuary guardians
I'm excited to see what they look like. (please make them look like puppies, pleeeeeaaaaaseee make them look like puppies)

Anyone else bothered by the balance of Trader enclaves?

Ignoring their unique strategic resource for trade, Trader enclaves provide less for your empire than having an ally does.

I.e. You can trade various goods / resources for large sums of energy / minerals with allies (at near 1 given to 1 received ratio) -- and the best an Enclave can do is a 2 given to 1 received ratio?

In my opinion, there should be some way to improve the energy / mineral ratio with the Trader enclave up to and above the 1 to 1 that's already in the game for a good ally -- but not for both trade options, seeing as that would literally be infinite resources if you simply traded for one and then the other.

Obviously players shouldn't be able to abuse this for infinite resources, but I think repeated trades with Trader Enclaves should affect their market price. I.e. make Energy -> Minerals more worthwhile, and make Minerals -> Energy harder.

This way you could actually specialize your Trader Enclave to give you lots of Energy / Minerals, but not the other.

The only foreseeable problem would be using Allies as an intermediary market to trade Energy / Minerals back to one another at a one-to-one correspondence, letting you still get infinite resources -- but there's a clear and easy fix to this:

Simply cap out the number of times the Trader Enclave is able to trade with you -- maybe once or twice a year.

Because at the moment, there's literally no reason to not use an Ally instead of a Trader Enclave. At least Allies you can trade EPM, MPM, Star Charts, etc.

=======================

Either this, or give Trader Enclaves something else unique. At the moment they're boring compared to the other two.

Seriously?? The Trade Enclave is the one I use the most. My slug Empire pissed everyone off with my conquests, so, no ally to trade anything. The Trade Enclave on the other hand gave me infinite Minerals for my Stocked Energy, PLUS, a +Hapiness Strategic Resource for even more minerals. The Trade Enclave are GREAT for conquering empires.

The Curator is the Best one, of course, the OP cientist and the Research Help are the best thing ever.

The Artisans are the most useless, every time they Steal your stuff when you order a Festival and you can only destroy them after.

Reactions:
Stellaris has got to be the most disappointing game I've ever had the displeasure of purchasing. I'm just going to drop it for the next half year and hopefully after a full year of being a released game Stellaris will finally not be the broken mess it currently is. The fact that they fixed this huge list of bugs and didn't even make a dent is telling of how horribly bug-ridden Stellaris really is. The Stellaris developers truly believe the mantra of "Work harder, not smarter". (Or in other words, that adding broken features is more important than fixing broken features).

Reactions:
Stellaris has got to be the most disappointing game I've ever had the displeasure of purchasing. I'm just going to drop it for the next half year and hopefully after a full year of being a released game Stellaris will finally not be the broken mess it currently is. The fact that they fixed this huge list of bugs and didn't even make a dent is telling of how horribly bug-ridden Stellaris really is. The Stellaris developers truly believe the mantra of "Work harder, not smarter". (Or in other words, that adding broken features is more important than fixing broken features).

Well, you paid money for it so you can request that your game work properly. Nothing you said is fundamentaly wrong (the game have A LOT of bugs), except the guess in their mantra in the end. I think that requesting changes and making complains is what change things and make things bettter.

But I see that Paradox at least listen to the players and try to fix the problems, not like Hearthstone, that I play, that still have day 1 bugs and took 2 years to add deck slots... (And Blizzard don't give a shit about what you think). I feel that the money I give to Paradox helps them to build a game I like to play, not like other game studios that max profits and jump ship.

Let's keep complaining and giving feedback in the hopes we can thank them for the good work later!

Reactions:
Just wanted to ask here, is the fact that you cannot remove the last copy of a ship design ('m assuming it means of that design name) in the ship designer menu anymore a feature or a bug? Because i have a mod (now compatible with 1.3) that adds a lot of ship designs, and i prefer my own names when designing ships, which means without the ability to delete some designs i'm stuck with a bunch of extra auto-generated designs i don't want i can't get rid of cluttering up the starport shipbuilding menu?

If this isn't a bug, is there a way to toggle this?

Thats weird. I bought stellaris the day it was released and it had far less bugs than any other game i have bought since i had SNES.

As a working software engineer (not, alas, on this game!), I would love to live in a universe where I got to fix everything that was broken with a system before being required to add more features to that system.

However, we live in the real world, where code exists to make money. Long-lived games like those Paradox produces continue to make money by selling new DLC. Mere content packs (e.g. Plantoid) don't make a particularly large amount of money since they can't be sold for much, so in the end, they have to sell more feature-full DLC they can charge more for, which will almost always introduce new mechanisms (or the main code will be patched with code to support new mechanisms). Without that, there's nothing that keeps paying the engineers, and the bugs will never be fixed.

I realize that most gamers don't really care about the real world, but the coders still have to live in it.
Sorry, but that's a bullshit excuse. I'm also a software engineer, so I know full well the reality and the problems you talk about, but you're just being an apologist for Paradox here.
They can perfectly decide to finish fixing the most critical bugs before starting to work on another DLC, so their players have at least a fully working game before they get the new breaking bugs packed with the new features.
I didn't had to wait for Blood & Wine to get bugfixes on The Witcher. Claiming it's not possible "in the real world" because Paradox "has to gain money with DLC" is just being a lapdog, and trying to hide it behind "real world" is pretentious.
...I've never met a dev who wanted to fix all the bugs before adding new features...

Fixing bugs is drudgery, putting in new things is fun.
I shiver at the dev you've encountered...
Either you know a grand total of one, or they are terrible at their job.
A good dev, like any person with a bit of dedication, dislike to do shoddy work. Bugfix gives this feeling of polishing your creation, and a dev who doesn't like this is just a glorified tinkerer, not a craftman.