v.1.3.0 [56ad] Move homeworld to new colony, cannot build frontier outpost on homeworld

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Brawler

Captain
19 Badges
Apr 3, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
Description: When I move my 16size homeworld to a colony size 24 whatever I have 80% habitability on the new homeworld (expected, this is normal). If I try to build Frontier Outpost it says cannot be built on homeworld. This restriction made sense when you couldn't move your 100% habitability starting homeworld but is an obsolete restriction now.

DLC's: Plantoids Species Pack, Leviathans Story Pack.
Mods: None

Reproduction Steps:
1. Move homeworld to a colony for 250 influence
2. Try to build Frontier Outpost building on new Colony Homeworld
3. Sorrow overtakes you.

Observe: You can now build Frontier outpost in your starting world because it is no longer a homeworld. 105% habitability anyone?

Upvote 0
You don't move your homeworld. You move the capital. So big difference there. So it's not much of a frontier world anymore at that point..

The frontier outpost being build-able on your old homeworld capital would still provide benefits to other species that don't get the 100% habitat.

Though, would probably make sense to just remove the capital restriction entirely on frontier outpost. As you can technically get around the restriction by simply building the outpost before moving the capital..

Reactions:
Took a closer look at the frontier outpost in the files. Could solve it by changing the check for capital to instead use the is_homeworld to prevent it from being built on species homeworld.

And will in that case allow it to be built on colony capitals.

I suspect that the OP is thinking of Frontier CLINICS, not outposts.

Yeah i know. i mixed it up myself a lil bit. They also added a new upgraded version called Frontier Hospitals.

After looking closely at the changes in the buildings.txt file. I see that Paradox changed a lot of the buildings that could only be built on a capital with empire admin building to automatically destroy themselves if the planet they are on stopped being a capital world.

So the Frontier Clinic/hospital not doing same seems like a oversight on their part.

And they can easily correct this by changing the "has modifier capital" check to is_homeworld = no. Then add a Destroy_if, is_homeworld = yes.
the destroy_if at end is a lil thing they can add in those rare moment if you lost your homeworld in a war, the enemy built a frontier clinic there. And you later regained the world. As the is_homeworld triggers as yes if planet is owners homeworld.

You don't move your homeworld. You move the capital. So big difference there. So it's not much of a frontier world anymore at that point...

Yes just to re-clarify since i ballsed it up in initial report: you move your capital to a colony which by the game's definition becomes your "Home World" hence you cannot build frontier clinics on your Home World even though habitability is 80% for your race. Meanwhile your starting world becomes a "Colony" so you can build frontier clinics on it even though it has 100% habitability.

I'd like to +1 this and add that it's a bit silly not to allow building it on your homeworld in the first place. You can build in other other races' homeworlds, and on giant sprawling metropolis planets, but not on your own.

Regardless, at minimum it needs to not follow the capital world since it is effectively a habitability penalty that exists for no reason.

If it's not meant to work for established worlds, it should auto-convert to a hydro farm when you upgrade to an administration.

I'd like to +1 this and add that it's a bit silly not to allow building it on your homeworld in the first place. You can build in other other races' homeworlds, and on giant sprawling metropolis planets, but not on your own.

Regardless, at minimum it needs to not follow the capital world since it is effectively a habitability penalty that exists for no reason.

If it's not meant to work for established worlds, it should auto-convert to a hydro farm when you upgrade to an administration.
I mostly asumed the -20% Habitability Surcharge for "Similar but not the same" simulated stuff like "we do not know all the germs, allergens, Flora and Fauna, etc. on the new planet". We got thousands of milennia to get to know our old planet. Unity for example has 100% habitability, because the "Empire of Man" faction had a lot of time (about 100 years) to learn how to deal with the planet. Or just replace everything with Earths Ecosphere.

I think with a interstellar empire, that should be a penalty that is simply removed over time as the Flora/Faune get's known as well as the homeworlds. We are much more able to identify issues nowadays. Maybe track it per species, but that is not really needed I think.

Edit:
+1 for fixing that Check. Propably just remove it, but that might cause issues with the AI building it on thier Capitol world.