All time high: Our best colonies after finished milestones

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Finished my 3d game. It was crazy. Seems i will write some store later, here final screenshots:
20180328192501_1.jpg
20180328191848_1.jpg

Last edited:
Here is my story. I will try to illustrate it with screenshots :)

It was my third game and i has aim to achieve max possible scores, thats why comes my choices:
  • Hardest level map - which i already know very good from previous games. This map have disadventages like 6 separated areas and have adventage - wind generator is 100% more effective here (high ground). We are not afraid of +60% energy consuming ice, if our generators +100% more effective.
  • Russia - seems best possible evaluation scores
  • Ecologist - my previous expirience showed me, whats most limiting factor of economy grow is manpower. First i tryed Doctor, but his bonus dosnt stack with Medical Center, so i decided to try with Hanging Gardens from start. Its not so easy choice, coz using Hanging Gardens basicaly means doubling water consume by your colony. This choice forces you play very tough with water. On other side i think its best possible colonists grow rate at start.
I spent more then hour for planing which rocket carry what and where to place every building in next 20 sols. I know map, ye.
2 Fuel Refineries in 1st rocket (must have if u want quick start), second rocket launches immideatly with other resources, etc. Everything planned for speed.
Doing some mistakes still, like splited fuel between rockets, etc. But it was so small in comparison with dust storm, which didnt let my rocket with colonists to make laning in time. :(
After they finnaly landed i played small game by trying them "kill two rabbits": mine rare metals and borh child. They agreed to work, but wasnt enough happy for second thing. After 5 sols i decided to reduce workers by half and this helped. First martianborn Sol 16. Then we started to grow. I will post screenshots by some intervals with short comments.

Sol 16. Base when 1st child born. You can see, we alredy farmed good amount of concrete, produced fuel for future (it grows all time until shuttles comes in game) and gathered all possible metal around. Fuel storage located exactly at rocket landing position, so when rocket comes it get fueled extremely fast.
20180328202959_1.jpg

Sol 23. Not many visual changes. Population doubled. Polymer Factory were built and started to work. Continue gathering mats for future expansion.
20180328203738_1.jpg

Sol 31. Population doubled again. Density inside dome is high. Research Lab started to work.
20180328204045_1.jpg

Sol 35. During cold wave Subsurface Heater is working, so it dosnt let our water tower to freeze. Second dome is under construction with Machine Parts factory inside. Both domes with Handing Guardens. Our water source almost empty (1k left). I dont have vaporators. But... everything already planned.
20180328204601_1.jpg

Sol 36. Here plan. As you can see we gonna extract one poor low quality water source with five extractors. Why so crazy? Bcoz its our current water demands. Try guess how many sols until this source will be depleted :)
20180328204922_1.jpg

Sol 40. I decided to not finish Handing Gardens in second dome until its population will be more significant. Trying to save water. Second Research lab. School for children. Metals Extractor. Enegy field grows all time.
20180328205346_1.jpg

Sol 44. Deep scaning (you cen see Deep Rare Metals, which will give us half of our total income in future). Electronincs Factory under construction. 130 population.
20180328205826_1.jpg

Sol 50. University. Tunnel to west (for metal mining outpost). Hanging Gardens in second dome finnaly working :) 2.5k water left, we are plaing to expand water extraction at west. Some vaporators appeared. 172 population.
20180328210833_1.jpg

Sol 54. Its our mining outpost plus water extractors. Almost 200 population.
20180328210641_1.jpg

Sol 57. Shuttle Hub. Tunnel to the east in plan (mining and water outpost again).
20180328211133_1.jpg

Sol 66. Global map. 4 domes. Rare metals mining outpost at south-east. 300 population
20180328211247_1.jpg
20180328211418_1.jpg

Sol 73. Huge fuel production. 1st, for shuttles, we have very spread colony with 3 pretty far mining outposts. Second, every our mine consume fuel. Third, two rockets flying without pause. Even such amount of fuel isnt enough and i will stop 3d shuttle hub time to time. Two mines on deep rare metals deposit. It started to grow so fast, so two rockets can not catch it. I will not buy any additional rockets, my plan is Space Elevator.
Also, this screenshot is good example about how to build effective economy. Everything fuel consuming (except mines) located near fuel refineries. 3 Shuttle Hubs, 2 Polymer Factories, 2 landing places for rockets. Keep such things in mind all time, its important.
20180328212403_1.jpg

Sol 78. Megadome is ready for construction. All resources looks very good. Rare metals store grows. 430 population. 5 Domes and only one middle size. Every mining outpost is small. We are not wasting resources when its not needed.
20180328212754_1.jpg

Sol 84. Megadom designed as full education specialized. Only childen and students. Schools and Universites. We need educated population! Its key for production enough of everything.
20180328213203_1.jpg

Sol 86. Space Elevator under contruction. 1.300 rare mats prepared already (while rockets worked non stop from begin). Passed 500 population.
20180328213521_1.jpg

Sol 90. Space Elevator is finished, but dont want to work with speed i wish. Looks like droids AI isnt good with it. I spent 3-4 sols trying to understand how to make them work fast enough.
20180328213900_1.jpg

Sol 95. Here final solution. I dont have good save file, so here my during game screenshot (russian). Still u can see this hell. I destroyed every storage in range and brought all rare mats exactly to elevator location by transorts. Finnaly drones started work with enough speed.
20180328145709_1.jpg

Sol 98. Work almost done. Building last dome for reaching 1k population.
20180328214823_1.jpg

Sol 99. How to research.
20180328215547_1.jpg

Sol 100. Evaluation
20180328162036_1.jpg

Sol 103. Building something useless while waiting 1k population.
20180328215242_1.jpg

Sol 106. Final scores
20180328192501_1.jpg

Last edited:
I was rather proud of my game - and secretly hoped I would finish before ainyru as I thought Russia would bet me.
But Now I´m second and have showed that Church of the new Ark probably is second best.

Sponsor: Church of the new Ark
Commander: Futurist
Map: 18N 131W
Mystery: Marsgate

I actually struggled all game long -it was really hard to get some research done in the begging, and had a sever metal crisis that stopped me from growing in any good way.
Made my have way to many homeless - which of course hindered my population growth. It was in no way a perfect game - reaching 1000 by sol 100 is totally valid. But 2720 marsborn, the number needed to compete with the best game - that ain´t possible.
THE ARK EVALUATION.png
evaluation Church of the new Ark.png

Very nice playthrough ainyru.

I tried a quick russia game today, tried to rush elevator, got it at around 85 but my rare metals lacked behind. In the end I only exported about 1000 rare metals by Sol 100, granting me 99k evaluation score. I'm curious about trying ecologist now, population was certain an issue since I couldn't ferry a lot of people from earth (slooooooow rockets). Church seems also nice but the only one rocket makes me wonder if I need either buy a new one or get Rocket Scientist.

Key to beat my scores with Russsia - find map where you can fully mine two deep high quality rare metals deposits before Sol 100. They are crazy effective. I mined only one such source, others was too far away. Shuttles can not transport so big amount of cargo in limited time.

My map have just wonderfull source at far north-west corner, but its very difficult to buld and manage base at such distance, plus you need many transports to bring rare metals to elevator location in time.

Maybe i will try it someday, but now its Church of the New Ark time! I will not beat my previous game scores for sure, but i want achieve 1k before Sol 100 :)

Last edited:
High scores are now updated.
Aiynru have made me want to stop doing what I should do today...
But I probably won´t have a new finished game in 1,5 week.

Also, welcome Tehrus - a little bit sorry that you never got to stand on the top of the sponsor on the high score . I was to much in my own game :rolleyes:
But you have a star as a former top 1 for the new ark.

Sponsor: Church
Including a sol 12 save, for fun, just got superconducting computing
I only flew in only 24/36 people, rest were born

Then you flew in a little bit less than me, I got 4 full rockets of people (48). froim some time just after the third rocket arrived marsborn was in majority in the colony.

I decided to write story during game, its good for not losing important points, but not so good coz im playing with russian language (only first part, then i decided to use english). Still i think game UI is good enough to be clear without understandable language. Also it will be much more detailed. I have feeling i need to explain how im reaching my results. How right strategy is important and how economy can exponentially grow, success makes success. I hope you will like it.

So, im starting new game with Church of the New Ark sponsor on my favorite map (495% difficulty). My aim for this game is getting max possible marsborns at Sol 100. I hope for some real result. I spent 3-4 hours to disign strategy. Not every part of it will come from start, strategy includes every stage of game. You will see it.

First i decided to use Rocket Scientist as commander, we need this second rocket badly and we cant afford to buy it. We already have doubled birth rate, i predict our main issue will be how to provide enough living and work space for colonists. Two rockets is key.

Lack of tech bonus and finances (in comparison with Russia we have -100 research and -1000 money) leads me to some unobvious and risky decission.
We (its me with droids!) will build dome from just one rocket and keep our second rocket on Earth for passengers. In same time we will spend almost all our budget on research to rush most important technologies.

Most crazy thing in this plan is... we still gonna bring two fuel refinaries with us (not doing this will cause so significant lag with rockets in first 10 sols, like we dont have second rocket at all), along with all 3 vehicles. We gonna build 1st dome from this:

2x Fuel Refinary
Rover, Explorer, Transport
2x Drone
15x Machine parts
5x Electronic

Do you see here all needed mats for first Dome? No? But its here! Becouse other needed mats we will gather on Mars. Its just some puzzle to solve, sector with polymers on land is pretty far from our landing spot and it cant be gathered before scan. We will need to build Sensor Tower with small Solar Panel 3 sectors away from our base.

I restarded game ~10 times before i found applicant with "Saint" trait, its important bonus for our future colony. And here Rocket Scientist choice plays again, you can not see applicants without additional rocket. Got one with "Genius" trait also.
Here our starting map and sector with polymers 3d in queue.
20180329093529_1.jpg

Everything planned before we start landing. Tricky part here, concrete extractor located on ice, this mean +60% power consume (2 solar panels needed) and it will be frozen at night. We have to produce 4 concrete before sun going down, this will let us build wind turbine and save situation. Transport will help drones to gather metal (left down zone on screenshot). All money spent on research.
20180329114820_1.jpg

Night is dark and full of horrors! But we managed to produce 5 concrete. Wind Turbine is under construction. One turbine is enough becouse of +100% bonus from high lands. Concrete extractor will continue to work. Sensor Tower is next to build. It placed near, but not on ice. So one turbine is still enough. Meanwhile transport is gathering metals.
20180329121637_1.jpg

Sol 2. Scanned sector with water source. Built power for fuel production. Two fuel refinaries located pretty far bcoz that place is warm and dosnt requare additinal energy. Used temporary exeeded power for recharging vehicles.
20180329125723_1.jpg

Constructing everything needed to produce fuel. Unluck with research openers. Still no "Explorer AI" and "Earth-Mars Initiative". These tecnologies are +100 research per Sol each and i always trying to rush them.
20180329132157_1.jpg

Meanwile decided to launch rocket with colonisers from Earth. They can wait on orbit pretty long time anyway.
7 Geologist
2 Botanist
1 Medic
1 Engineer (got spot only becouse of Genius trait)
1 Scientist (got spot only becouse of Saint trait)
6 men 6 women, we care about it

Sol 3. Anomaly gave us 1k research, "Explorer AI" finnaly available to research.
Fuel production started. Next aim is second concrete extractor, +1 turbine and we are clearing place from metal. Manually controling each droid, else they want to carry fuel into rocket.
20180329133949_1.jpg

Concrete extractor completed. Droids are free to do other jobs now. I plan to produce enough concrete for Dome at begin of Sol 6. Its time to get last needed resource - polymers. Sensor tower with Solar panel have to be at place at Sol 4 morning.
20180329135331_1.jpg

Materials delivered, one driod inside Reaver is on the way.
20180329140143_1.jpg

Project finished! I brough more metal than needed for it, little mistake :) Sector will be scaned during Sol 4 probably, then we have one sol to gather and bring polymers.
Rocket is on orbit already.
20180329140457_1.jpg

Sol 4. Our droids are very busy. I placed dumping sites at max possible distance, so they will not cause problems in midgame. Helping to manage concrete extractors and fuel refinaries with transport. It can load resources directly from producer. Unfortunatly transport cant help with waste rocks.
20180329142412_1.jpg

Sector with polymers scanned. Transport will go here after finishing urgent work at base.
20180329142808_1.jpg

"Earth-Mars Initiative" researched. Unfortunaly too many research time wasted on unneded techs and we dont have "Advanced Martian Engines" wich will reduce rocket fuel requarement from 60 to 40. Meanwhile 40 fuel is almost ready.
20180329143422_1.jpg

Sol 5. 40 fuel is ready near rocket. Not loading yet. Anomaly gave us 4 tech openers, but not this one, which we need urgently. Rocket launch will delayed. Problem is, we have very limited amount of Machine Parts and we need this rocket to come back as soon as possible. Dome construction enabled, droids started to bring resources for it. Transport is on polymers mission.
20180329144422_1.jpg

Finnaly! We got this urgent tech opener ("Advanced Martian Engines"). It will let us dont waste unneeded fuel on 1st rocket. Still almost 1 sol delay with rocket launch.
Changed rocket priority from 1 to 3, so droids start to load fuel.
20180329144920_1.jpg

Reduced rocket working range, else droids will go to fuel refinary instead of taking fuel from store. We cant lost so much time.
"Advanced Martian Engines" research progress at 40%.
20180329145921_1.jpg

Anomaly gave us 1k research, rocket now needs just 40 fuel. Full droid team is working on loading. Meanwhile transport is returning from polymer mission.
20180329150646_1.jpg

Rocket is launching. Polymers delivered. Dome is on 3 priority now. Transport is helping droids by bringing concrete from extractors. Rover is alone drone controller now. Setting all stored do not accept metal, this will force droids to use metal from stores (fast) instead of gathering it from land (slow). Same trick with concrete.
20180329151345_1.jpg

Sol 6. Early morning. Dome constructed. Everything is going as planned.
Now we need to build everything for life support, then we can let our rocket with colonists come down from orbit, where it waiting for 3+ sols already.
Researched "Soil Adaptation", now we can construct general farm. Its important for this sponsor becouse he have "Hydroponic Farms produce 50% less" drawback.

Main issue now is lack of Machine Parts. Its only 4 and i have to spend 2 just to power up dome (located on ice). Or we can just use some solar panels, we still have 3 polymers left and can construct one Power Accumulator to make it working during night.

There are two good news though, first, we are performing so fast, what there is no any maintance needed yet. We have at least 1.5 sols before first wind generator will need it. Lets pray for clear skyes in next 3 sols, Dust Storm will not probably kill us, but it will cause critical damage, we will have to stop fuel refinaries and dismantle concrete exactrors at least.
Second, we are not playing Russia, our rockets are fast! We need to survive just for 2 sols until supply will come. We already researched "Mars Crowdfunding" and have 1070 money.
20180329152957_1.jpg

Our prays caused opposite effect. Dust storm is coming! 1 sol 5 hours until it. We have to prepare.
First, if we want our colonists to survive, we have to produce and store enough oxigen, coz oxigen generator are not working during storm.
Second, we have to plan every maintance spendings. Solar panels are coming, we can not build any more wind turbines. Good thing about storm, wind turbines generate alot more energy during it. It will help us survive with fewer of them.
20180329161535_1.jpg

3 hours later oxygen production started. We will have ~60 oxygen stored before storm. This is enough for ~2 sols of storm. Also farm will produce some oxigen (hopefully, but im not sure), which will extend our time. Must be enough. Anyway, short time without oxigen will not kill colony.
Time to solve energy issue, and build something inside dome. I will keep rocket on orbit as long as possible, becouse else we will not have enough oxigen stored.
20180329163635_1.jpg

Preparations in progress. 5 solar panels planed. We can add more anytime if needed. Power Accumulator is recharging to full.
Meanwhile our hope (rocket) reached Earth. It takes time to think about cargo. We have to plan ahead. Most important resource for next 10 sols is Machine Parts. Polymers is for Power Accumulator only. Electronics is for Drone Hub maintance only.
Here rocket cargo (spending all available money):
Drone Hub: 1
Drone: 1
Polymers: 5
Machine Parts: 40
Electronics: 5
This rocket will make landing exactly after dust storm end.
20180329173323_1.jpg

Sol 7. Storm is coming, one hour left! Everything is ready. 50 oxygen in storage. Rocket is landing now. Colonists lived in it for 5 sols, they must be happy to change home. Even if its Mars with Dust Storm :) Second rocket is almost here, but storm will not let it make landing.
20180329174611_1.jpg

Oh, just discovered, i forgot to build pipe! Droids team recived urgent command.
20180329175147_1.jpg

Everyone is safe. We didnt have resources to build Rare Metals Extractor, so colonists are relaxing now. Lets hope they will do some sex and produce 1st marsborn!
Good news, storm will not last long. Our aim is get rocket fueled before it end. Easy task. We have fuel for 2 rockets already.
20180329180500_1.jpg

Current scores
20180329183534_1.jpg
Next part: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...ished-milestones.1081998/page-4#post-24026189

Last edited:
I use my QA powers and raise Russia by 39 million, Oligarch as trump card.

MAB0Jml.jpg

...okay, to be fair - I think normalized it would probably just have been around 200k total. Also I cannot remember the location coordinates, so you could argue I am not eligble for the top 5.

I assume the score went beserk because I exported like 5 (or was it even 7?) times the required amount of Rare Metals.

Can I at least get a special mention in the list as "most absurd score"? :D

Last edited:
Playthrough begin: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...ished-milestones.1081998/page-4#post-24024864
I decided to switch ingame language. Its not that hard for me, and will make reading story more comfort.
Sol 7. Our first aim is make life of our colonists comfortable. 6 workers in farm, 2 Diner (2 shifts by one), 1 Grocer and 3 Infirmary (3 shifts by one), its important to not lose bonus from Infirmary every shift. Average comfort is 50 at begin. Btw, i were right, farm is generating 0.3 oxygen.
20180329201501_1.jpg

Research is very slow now, bonus from money gone. We will not get any good research until our Rare Metals export begins. Here how it looks inside:
20180329201922_1.jpg

Transport can load cargo from rocket. It saves alot time for droids.
20180329202705_1.jpg

Same trick with fuel. Droids for work, transport for delivery.
20180329203011_1.jpg

Sol 8. Rocket fueled. Dust strom last for 12 more hours. Concrete Extractors will be maintained now, we will spend our last Machine Parts for it. Transport is gathering metals in near sectors.
20180329204100_1.jpg

+20 moral bonus for everyone is our Sponsor's advantage. This increase productivity on every job.
20180329205023_1.jpg

Average comfort is 57. "Children will be born" says tooltip.
20180329205402_1.jpg

Storm ended. One rocket is going up, other down. Some problems with energy, but we have enough reserve in power accomulator. We wll solve everything very soon.
20180329205838_1.jpg

Did some mistake with landing position. Can not place Drone Hub before rocket leave this place. Lets make it faster. Everyone go go. But half drones are busy with maintance caused by storm.
20180329210333_1.jpg

First food produced. Rocket half loaded. Maintance have higher priority.
20180329211121_1.jpg

Sol 10. Rocket is launching. Some buildings still need rapair. Drone Hub will be placed soon.
20180329211657_1.jpg

Drone Hub is working, 13 drones are doing delayed for long time job, like clearing waste rocks. Rocket reached Earth and awaiting when new colonists can start. We need marsborn just now. But no luck yet. Meanwhile Rare Metals Extractor enabled for constraction.
20180329213102_1.jpg

Rare Metals Extractor almost finished. I paused it, dont want any workers inside before bith. Chances are high, but nothing yet.
20180329213842_1.jpg

One more concrete extractor.
20180329214532_1.jpg

It finnaly happend!!! End of Sol 10.
20180329214645_1.jpg

Now we can launch second colonists rocket from Earth. Plan is making Rare Metals Extractor wich all 3 shifts filled with geologists supported by good medicine, they need it while working outside dome, specially night shift. I will manually select who will work at night. "Composed" trait is best for it.
One more "Genius" want to join us on Mars. Its only way to increse research yet.
20180329215418_1.jpg

Our passengers: 3 Geologists, 4 Botanist, 4 Engineers, 1 Medic. Farm will be full, mine almost full, engineers is for incoming Polymer Factory, which is our next aim after rare mats.
20180329220631_1.jpg

Sol 11. Rare Metals Extractor constracted. Two shifts filled with geologists. 2 botanists at farm, medic in infirmary and our saint scientist is blessing everyone insude Diner. Grocer disabled. Polymer Factory coming soon. Plus we need 2 more Living Quaters.
20180329221852_1.jpg

Second rocket reached Earth. One more colonists pack is coming. Do you feel the power? It will be 33 population at Sol 12! Im afraid to imagine these boom... and predict issues how to construct enough life and work space. Pretty soon. Our research speed is almost zero.
8 Engineers, 3 Scientists, 1 Medic
20180329223001_1.jpg

Everything is ready for newcomers.
20180329224709_1.jpg

Sol 12. One rocket is landed, second is waiting on orbit yet, i want to split them abit.
20180329225826_1.jpg

First rocket launched, second is going down. I decided to keep it on Mars until full cargo of rare metals loaded. We dont have enough fuel for flying empty. Polymer Factory is our new fuel comsumer. Building one more Water Extractor to supply growing demands.
20180329231319_1.jpg

Current scores
20180329233817_1.jpg
Next part: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...ished-milestones.1081998/page-4#post-24028145

Last edited:
I use my QA powers and raise Russia by 39 million, Oligarch as trump card.

...okay, to be fair - I think normalized it would probably just have been around 200k total. Also I cannot remember the location coordinates, so you could argue I am not eligble for the top 5.

I assume the score went beserk because I exported like 5 (or was it even 7?) times the required amount of Rare Metals.

Can I at least get a special mention in the list as "most absurd score"? :D

We can mention you :p

But 5-7 times rare metals shouldn´t do that - aynur got 3400 mined rare metals and "only" ~300 000 in score in evaluation
Also - I can´t find an AAR-forum for Surviving mars. Aynyrs posts shows that we need one GAGA;)

Just need to show my first breakthrough as Russia.
I haven´t got magnetic extraction before, but it will obviously make it more likely for me to reach the 4k rare minerals I need as I play on only 440%
russia breakthrough.png

You are so lucky!

Btw, im not sure now about impossibility to beat Russian scores as Church of the New Ark. 71 population at Sol 20 now. Its going more crazy than my Russian game. I will try my best. Dunno how i can survive population boom on pretty poor map. Will see.

Playthrough begin: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...ished-milestones.1081998/page-4#post-24024864
Sol 12. Third colonists group came. They filled almost all workspace.
Rare Metal Extractor 3 full shifts. Polymer Factory 2 full shifts. We are producing significant amount of money and polymers now.
20180330060352_1.jpg

With enough amount of droids on base, transport can now gather all metals from map. It will do it for next sols. Its our only metal income yet.
20180330060815_1.jpg

Sol 13. Game reminds us our aim.
20180330061345_1.jpg

Beautiful!
20180330061518_1.jpg

Second Water Extractor on same source. Building Wind Generators to supply our growing economy. Look how fast Machine Parts store is reducing. We has 40 short time ago. We are eating it like food. Rocket will wait untill filled fully with rare metals. We need this money for next supply from Earth.
20180330062025_1.jpg

With enough polymers produced we can start upgrading our wind turbines. This will reduce our Machine Parts demand slowly, bcoz we need less amount of turbines when they are more powerfull. Its long time investment.
20180330062933_1.jpg

4th rocket with colonists launching from Earth. We will need second Dome pretty soon, bcoz our research speed dosnt let us research high density Apartments in time.
6 Scientists, 1 Geologists, 3 Engineers, 2 Medics
We can not fill all Geologists slots even after i already took 3 of them with "Lazy" perk. Specialists with negative percs are always better, than men without profession. Only "Idiot" trait is unacceptable in any conditions.
20180330065247_1.jpg

Second dome will be located here. Warm land island. I have plans for Machine Parts Factory inside it in future. And Electronics Factory in more far future. We will need to buy it from Earth. Also im thinking to build Research Lab as soon as possible, but we dont have much money for next supply rocket, so will see.
20180330065904_1.jpg

Our Explored helped us with research. Its our research income for 4 sols! Im trying to open "Low-G High-rise" tech now, it will give us "New Building: Apartments - A Residential Building that houses many Colonists"
20180330070522_1.jpg

Research opener gave us what we need. But it will take long time. No chance for anomaly helper any time soon, we are bordered on our rock island until we build tunnel, wich costs huge amount of resources.
20180330072318_1.jpg

Colonists rocket is on orbit, i decided to lauch half loaded rocket for new colonists group. Supply rocket delayed. We need more money to fulfit our demands.
Drone crisis. Even with help from transport they cant manage all work. We need more of them urgently.
20180330073957_1.jpg

Sol 15. 50 population. Everyone have home and work (i will open some slots soon). Next group need new dome finished. But droids are very very busy.
20180330074629_1.jpg

Excelent medical support. Industry can work with 3 shifts.
20180330075033_1.jpg

Recharge stations everythere, its how we can help drones abit.
20180330075321_1.jpg

Cold Wave approaching. Its not hard for us, we already live on ice mostly. Just little more energy consumption.
20180330080223_1.jpg

5th colonists rocket launched from Earth. Half of them botanists for farm in new dome. We have to finish dome plus buildings inside before rocket come. Poor drioids.
20180330081555_1.jpg

Setting only one building with max priority forces all droids come to work here. Transport already brought every needed resource close. This let us to build dome extremely fast.
20180330082010_1.jpg

Whats why Infirmary service is very important for hard working industry
20180330083226_1.jpg

Cold Wave begins. We have to power on new dome, else it will be frozen. Our water tower will be frozen coz we dont have heater yet. We hafe to be carefull with water for almost 3 sols. Colonists rocket almost here. We are ready for them.
20180330083822_1.jpg

Sol 17. Population 64. Building Wind Generators to solve additional energy demands during Cold Wave.
20180330084655_1.jpg

Enough rare metals mined. We are launching rocket wich will return with supplies. Drone Hub, Machine Parts Factory and some resources.
5 children born since begin. We are growing!
20180330090300_1.jpg

Sol 18. Machine Parts almost zero. Checked every building maintance time to be sure we have time until supply rocket comes. Its almost reached Earth.
20180330091910_1.jpg

Sol 19. Suply rocket launching from Earth. We carry just 5 Machine Parts for urgent maintance and Machine Parts Factory for production it on Mars. Two drone hubs is inside also, we have to increase our drones working power. Electronics is for Research Lab.
20180330092615_1.jpg

We are maintaining high comfort. 7 children born already. Most colonists want more children. :)
20180330093532_1.jpg

Even perfect working Infirmary isnt enough during disasters. We have to watch it and fire them from work temporary or swap betweend day and night shifts, before they lose mind.
20180330094008_1.jpg

Cold Wave ended, no any significant damage caused. Water tower will be rapaired. Out of Machine Parts, but supply rocket is almost here.
20180330095056_1.jpg

Sol 20. Supply rocker goes to land. Other rocket is launching just now.
20180330100006_1.jpg

Building both Drone Hubs in locations of future expantion. Then we will dismantle all drones, and construct them at main base (some kind of teleportation). 6 droids from each Drone Hub. We dont need energy for this operation.
20180330101859_1.jpg

Machine Parts factory is ready. Moving workers from 1st dome, mostly from Polymer factory, we have enough polymers for now.
So, we solved second important resource demand. Now its just electronics we need from Earth. Meanwhile its time to build our 1st Research Lab.
20180330103428_1.jpg

Sol 21. Population 73. 5th colonists rocket launched. Research Lab is ready. "Low-G High-rise" researched, now we can replace homes with bigger ones. Which costs alot of polymers, but we have it.
20180330105942_1.jpg

Sol 22. New colonists arrived. Population 87. New Appartments.
20180330113647_1.jpg

Sol 23. Dust storm is coming, but we are strong enough now, so we dont care.
20180330114559_1.jpg

Third dome is in project with Electronics factory inside. Growing economy demands more and more energy all time. Dust storm in 1 hour.
20180330132804_1.jpg

Third dome is ready, just paused. Rocket with colonists waits on orbit for storm end. If we count them, we just passed 100 population mark. Drones managed to stabilize sutiation, no help from transport is needed now.
20180330140328_1.jpg

Sol 25. Concrete deposit depleted, metal extractor will be placed here soon.
20180330140628_1.jpg

Dust Storm ended, one rocket is landing, other is starting. Beautefull :)
20180330141544_1.jpg

And... we achieved milestone! 100 colonists. 18 martianborn.
20180330141726_1.jpg

Current scores as usual
20180330141901_1.jpg

Last edited:
Sol 25. Two sectors south-west from main base we create separated concrete extraction outpost. We will link it with our energy network later.
20180330190823_1.jpg

Important thing with Metal Extractor. It have to work all 3 shifts, else it will be frozen.
20180330192545_1.jpg

Sol 26. Supply rocket starting from Earth: 2 Drone Hubs, Electronics Factory, 4 Drones, 5 Electronics
20180330193827_1.jpg

Sol 27. Colonists rocket started from Earth. Supply rocket is landing. Adding one more Water Extractor and Fuel Refinary. 3d dome will be online soon.
20180330200650_1.jpg

Sol 28. Third dome completed. We are building inside now. Everything will be done before new colonists arrives.
20180330203303_1.jpg

Sol 29. We are producing electronics now. So we became independant from the Earth! Finnaly we can spend some money on research. Population 125.
20180330205357_1.jpg

Sol 30. Current Martianborn Count: 32
20180330212100_1.jpg

Researched Subsurface Heater. We gonna heat all 3 domes with one heater. It will save us some energy. Building second Research Lab
20180330214607_1.jpg

Sol 31. Our research speed is pretty good now. And its just the begining!
20180330215913_1.jpg

Concrete extraction outpost. We need alot of this resource all time. Here will be our second water source soon.
20180331054811_1.jpg

Meteor Storm is coming. It can be devastating if hit you base, but chance of this event is always small, metor storm usually hits just 2-3 sectors in random place, while map is 100 sectors. If meteor storm hits us, it will cost us 100-150 polymers for repairing domes, ~100 metal and cocrete for repairing everything outside, most colonists will panic and stop working for ~3 sols. At least none will suicide, thank "Religios" trait.
20180331060509_1.jpg

Going to link our concrete extraction outpost into main energy network. Then we will build long pipe and water extractors at new source.
20180331062022_1.jpg

Earth's applicants source almost depleted. Have to take Middle Aged colonists from next rocket and it will be empty anyway pretty soon. Everyone, except "Idiot"s and seniors, who want live on Mars, will live on Mars. Even "Lazy" colonist produce something usefull. At least children :)
20180331063639_1.jpg

Did mistake in past, placed Drone Hub without power on ice. It frozen now and there are only two ways: 1. build heater heare (significant resources lose) 2. salvage it (significant resources lose). Reaver is cowering this area yet, i will decide what to do later.
20180331070115_1.jpg

Salvaging one Water Extractor on main base, linking Water Extractors from south-west in main water network. This will let our main base water source work longer. I dont want to build 5 water extractors in other place just to cower our demands. Thinking about tunnel already, its only way to gain more water sources. I dont like to use vaporators, they eat money and dosnt work during storm. Probably gonna use them anyway, but later.
20180331071419_1.jpg

Sol 33. New colonists arrived. Population 162. All industry gonna work 3 full shifts from now.
20180331073302_1.jpg

Our current map. Its time for tunnel to the west, we need this double metal.
20180331073859_1.jpg

Finnaly we can research middle size dome. Got pretty unlucky with tech openers, it was in last possible slot it can be. Anyway, our research is good now and we will catch up everything we need soon.
20180331080034_1.jpg

Sol 34. Tunnel is almost finished. Explorer is ready for anomalies. Plus we will build 3 more Sensor Towers at west to increase our scanning speed and for future deep scan. Meanwhile every colonist is working, noone is slacking. For great future of Mars!
20180331081642_1.jpg

There is no scores this time, bcoz nothing changed.

Last edited:
Sol 34. Absolutely useless for us 1st breakthrough. Not gonna researh it even for better scores.
20180331092655_1.jpg

West mining outpost project
20180331094754_1.jpg

Sol 35. 3d Research Lab, Shuttle Hub will here be soon, in same time whith 4th dome on mining outpost
20180331101236_1.jpg

Long Cold Wave came. Power on on everything for 3 shifts. Mysery started (i forgot to make proper screenshot)
20180331102209_1.jpg

Middle size dome research completed. Arcology opened, we will probably need it in some future. But now our priority is education.
20180331102746_1.jpg

One more supply rocket. 2 Drone Hubs, Transport, 2 Drones
20180331103442_1.jpg

Sol 36. Mining outpost dome is ready. Buildings planned. There is no Drone Hub here yet, but we have Rover with 8 drones. Rocket with colonists is waiting on orbit yet.
20180331105043_1.jpg

Sol 37. Shuttle Hub finished. 4th dome finished. Colonists rocket is landing. Almost 200 population. Mistery story continues.
20180331113416_1.jpg

Sol 38. Mining outpost is filling by colonists slowly. I could probably just land rocket here, instead of waiting for shuttle transport. Dust storm in 2 sols. Our next aim is
20180331115439_1.jpg

Second breakthrough is very good for us. We will research it next.
20180331141845_1.jpg

Our polymers demands grows all time. Second polymer factory under construction. Appartments repaces Living Quaters to provide enough living space for workers. You can see this industry and population density.
20180331143537_1.jpg

Sol 39. Many colonists got stressed after last long Cold Wave. I didnt think this will go so bad. Population 200.
20180331150130_1.jpg

Researchech breakthrough. As i understand it, its -2 workplaces for each work shift.
20180331151020_1.jpg

Sol 40. We start to build first medium dome!
20180331153404_1.jpg

Sol 41. New dome is under construction. Dust storm is ending soon, both rockets slowed by it. Researching Deep Scanning.
20180331155740_1.jpg

Sol 42. Medium dome will be education hub. Universities and schools.
20180331163944_1.jpg

Sol 43. Growing. We need alot more droids!
20180331170325_1.jpg

Missclicked rocket landing position. No problem.
20180331170953_1.jpg

Sol 44. First University online!
20180331172636_1.jpg

Sol 45. Drone Assembler online. Main issue with economy is uneducated workers. We are working on it!
20180331173347_1.jpg

Sol 47. Everything grows. Second University comes soon. Main task now is to produce enough every resource. Our demands becomes very high.
20180331182725_1.jpg

Last edited:
It will be less detaled as games will go farther. Global choices are important now, not micro details.
Sol 49. Thats how our research looks now. Already have "Biome Engineering" and "Dome Bioscaping", both for comfort, its key for current birthrate. Researching "Martianborn Adaptability" to make education faster. Plus got good breakthrough "Superior Cables".
20180401025249_1.jpg

Sol 50. Tunnel to the east in progress. Deep Scaning map. Analizing anomalies. First school. First graduates in university. Almost 300 population.
20180401031355_1.jpg

Sol 52. Wanted to move all my seniors in one dome, found what they still counted as specialists, so i has to remove all specialists filters to make this work.
20180401042335_1.jpg

Its time to research Mega Dome!
20180401043036_1.jpg

Sol 53. Building 3 Sensor Towers at east, then deep scaning all.
20180401045226_1.jpg

Sol 55. Rare metals mining outpost south-east from main base.
20180401053306_1.jpg

Mega dome researched. Next tech is very important for our strategy.
20180401055214_1.jpg

Promising breakthrough! will see what it will give us later.
20180401055346_1.jpg

Sol 57. First Mega Dome will be here
20180401063006_1.jpg

Sol 58. Water extraction outpost at east. Second shuttle hub. Mega dome under construction.
20180401070650_1.jpg

Sol 59. Rare Metals mining outpost is working now.
20180401071749_1.jpg

Sol 60. Water shortage. Working on it.
20180401074927_1.jpg

Sol 61. Mega dome finished! 408 population.
20180401075930_1.jpg

Current scores
20180401075950_1.jpg

Last edited:
Sol 61. Breakthrough gave us extremely rish water source. Need to discover deep water extraction now.
20180401081054_1.jpg

Menwhile we are trying to survive until discowery
20180401085636_1.jpg

Sol 64. Finnaly can extract this water!
20180401092627_1.jpg

Sol 65. One more mining outpost.
20180401094525_1.jpg

Sol 66. 500 colonists!
20180401100042_1.jpg

Sol 67. First Since Insitute. This dome is gonna be research specced seems.
20180401102635_1.jpg

Sol 70. Research dome is growing. Building more universites.
20180401111316_1.jpg

And this is our research. Here my late game strategy comes. Guess what will be next move.
20180401111344_1.jpg

Network Node (spire) online! 600 population.
20180401111833_1.jpg

We need more metal. Here will be mining outpost.
20180402080524_1.jpg

Sol 71. 83 drones are not enough for out main base. This is, its one Drone Hub for everything!
20180402081613_1.jpg

Sol 73. Hight unemployment. Lack of metal dosnt let us build enough fast. Trying to solve it. Completed tunnel on the north.
20180402091452_1.jpg

Sol 75. Our research is going into space. Soon we will have everything.
20180402100608_1.jpg

Sol 76. One more megadome.
20180402102448_1.jpg

Sol 77. Very important tech reseached, it will solve our concrete demands for next 10 sols at least.
20180402110453_1.jpg

Sol 79. New megadome is for education
20180402114150_1.jpg

Sol 81. Scanned all sectors. Population 922.
20180402122649_1.jpg

Sol 83. Look at this research numbers. Its just half of one dome is working on it.
20180402130936_1.jpg

Sol 84. 1000 colonists!
20180402133609_1.jpg

Current scores
20180402133631_1.jpg